Post-Game Talk: This Loss was Brought to you by the Letter C: Columbus 5 - Leafs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
A side note this team really has no hustle/heart... anymore I don't know what happened from last year till this.

Kadri looked pretty bad at times, clarkson did also. Sad thing is.. we have all these puck moving defensemen yet, we cannot get the puck out of the zone.

Mar 26, 2010
The Refs won this game for Columbus.

Nice win Refs! You beat the Leafs tonight.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Did I wander into the Montreal forum? Lots of blaming the refs. Anyone could tell that they were completely outplayed and didn't deserve ****. They played like **** and deserved what they got. No effort, no passion, no win. Hope they are embarrassed, but they probably won't be. Cash your checks Leafs. Seems that is what you are playing for.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
If you don't want to get called for a tripping penalty, maybe dont one hand swing your stick at someones skates from behind????

Do not blame the refs folks. Every call was deserved.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Something's off about kadri, shows barely any heart in the past couple of games. He doesn't have the same hunger for the puck that he did last season.

BUT, he usually has bad starts to the season and its only 11 games in.

Especially since he got three penalties and completly sucked today, he shoudl play lights out tomorrow :laugh:

I'm calling a beastly game vs the pens tomorrow from the whole team especially from naz

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Wow. What a ******** of ****. I'd skate them until their parents vomited. Joke of an effort. Brutal.

7-2 were the penalties in case anyone was wondering.

Yeah 7-2 on PP's but you complain about effort. LOL WTF, kind of hard to get a rhythm when every 5 minutes you're getting a penalty. The refs blew this game big time.

Mr Scarface*

We just lost to one of the worst organizations in the world of hockey, but only by intention. Carlyle didn't want to win this game, as he knows that all 82 games cannot be won. Ever.

So he decided to rest his toppers and floppers. Sitting Phil etc lupuls etc. Tomorrow is a differento game. It can be won, or lost. It doesn't matter ether because we have won almost every game this season. Even without our key players who have been injured. We are that great and will be the hardest team in the league when the regular season ends. Then all those fights etc are happening again. Hitting and all. It feels good.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
No passion, desire this team has turned soft over the summer. I guess when you dress Reilly, gardiner, gunnarson that can be expected on D. But the forwards are not able to establish a forecheck and wear teams down.

Fraser and Kuli will bring some of that back.

Really shows the lack of heart when Lupul doesn't play. His compete level elevates the whole group

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That last goal is BS.

Leafs had little urgency, and got screwed on the penalty calls.

LOL i think the Leafs were 1/2 way to the dressing room on that last call.

I'm not even going to bother with the calls. At the end of the day - when obvious calls are being missed (on one side) and being obviously called on the other, you literally just have to ignore it.

what's bothering ME is that our PK is dropping :( #sadpanda.

I think with a good effort tomorrow will be okay.

(sigh). I am not doing the GDT for Wednesday :p not with a guaranteed C loss hehe

Radomon

Jun 1, 2004
Stockholm
I really liked the McClement-Bolland-Clarkson line. But since we killed penalties half the game Carlyle couldn't get that line together 5 on 5.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I don't care if I get flamed for this but the refs were the reason we lost. Yeah, we didn't play great but how were we supposed to? Whenever we gained some momentum, a penalty was called against us. Not to mention the amount of diving Columbus did and the amount of no calls for them.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Seriously ****ing tell me why Carlyle has Leivo start on the 3rd/2nd line, and then randomly just bench him and play the POS Orr, he does it every game and must **** with Leivo, Leivo is a million times better than Orr and will create way more things.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs lost it when they started taking penalties in the first period.

BJ's are a better team than many know. They were close to the playoffs last year.

As for some of the non-calls? If you draw a lot of penalties, it might be that you fall too easily, and when that happens you get a reputation and then you get traded to the Canucks so that your reputation and the team's reputation are in sync.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Penguins will be hungry for a win, they lost to the Islanders in regulation. I have a feeling it will be another blow out by the Leafs.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Lol@homers blaming the refs. Remember how the Blue Jackets got the better scoring chances on OUR powerplays? Did you happen to notice how they dictated the play for most of the night? How lost our entire team was? Incompetent in every zone. More missed passes than were completed.

Kadri was particularly bad tonight. Gardiner and Ranger, also awful. Clarkson...he's getting paid how much for how long? He does nothing Kulemin doesn't do for half the price and is a worse skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad