Post-Game Talk: This is the 24th time the Bruins trail in a series 3-1 - They are 0-23

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I dunno about blaming Halak.

Rask got blitzed by Tampa in 2018 as well.

Can't blame the goalie when you score a combined 2 goals in games 3 and 4.
Especially since you got the feeling that only one line can generate something offensively.

I guess this is the second time in 3 years the Bruins lose 4 straight against Tampa after winning the first game.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
For all the people saying you cant totally blame Halak I understand the sentiment. He is not all to blame.

But that 2-0 goal was wooff. That cannot go in.

It was a back breaker.

Whether its Rask, Halak or Vladar that save needs to be made.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
After the overtime loss, I had a very bad feeling about how this series was going to play out.

I knew that we were going lose the game the next day so it was crucial for the Bruins to win game 2.

Since that didn't happen, it seems like almost the entire team has checked out.

There is no way a team gets blown out 7-1 and there are no huge messages sent in the playoffs. It just doesn't happen. But in game 3, it did.

After seeing that, I saw all I needed to see unfortunately.

Right now, this team is not engaged they way it needs to be to go deep into the playoffs.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Anyone else know Gourde was not going to miss a shift.

I hated that whole sequence.

Refs are determining to many games these days

I truly hope the refs realize Gourde embarrassed them and call it as such

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone else know Gourde was not going to miss a shift.

I hated that whole sequence.

Refs are determining to many games these days

I truly hope the refs realize Gourde embarrassed them and call it as such
Ya they need to implement a 5 minute rule of some kind. If you lie there that long you should be going to the hospital.

Not getting ready for your next shift.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Interesting. Apparently NHL Player Safety timed the hit at less than 0.6 seconds after the puck was released - so, half a second. That's the threshold for a late hit?

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Replace Bjork with Frederic. If Kuraly cant play go Frederic-Studnicka-Senyshyn, it can't hurt and maybe they want to be here. Kuhlman with 46 and 10 or (gasp) 21
Give Frederick and Senyshyn a start in an elimination game?

........uh, no.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
It's a real shame that in a time when top end players are getting 9/10/11 million, we had a top line all signed for bargains and we couldn't do more with it.
I'm with you on this one.

I will say that if the Bs win G7 last year, it changes the optics significantly.

Champs in 2011 & 2019. SCF in 2013.

Not a bad little window at all.

In reality, though, since '13, it's been missed opportunities ('19 & '20) mixed in with some massive underachievements ('14-'17).

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Honest question: Not trying to be rude or argumentative but was the success last year the moves that the FO made or the fact that they didn’t face a Tampa or Washington? Washington was still drunk from the cup and win and Tampa had a case of the Bruins with President cup season and quick outs in the first round. We saw the Bruins get dismantled in 2018 by this team and yet no big changes were made in the last two years to compete with really either these two teams. Was last years success getting to the finals more about the moves the FO made or the lack of matching up against two of the tougher teams in the east which happens most playoff years?

Not saying the FO is terrible but I see a lot of people here making fun of armchair GMs. I find it funny that fans and media alike can see holes in the line ups and these are unaddressed for multiple years. Again are yoI managing to compete with the current elite teams or managing to make the playoffs as much as possible in the coming years? This core isn’t and wasn’t getting any younger. Finding those missing pieces might cost assets that long term affect the making the playoffs but result in better completion now.

Some great points here. I agree. Last year
Could have been very different if TB and the Caps didn’t get bounced. There have been consistent holes, I feel like last year they did a good job plugging some. This year not so much. I’d call our FO average with the exception of signing skilled players at less than many speculated. There’s Been some big wins in that area.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
If they had come out flat in the first period of Game 7 last year I would have been livid - but they came out flying

D_RbpxXU0AUyKBa.png

BUT they came out flat in the second down 2-0 and were scared to make another mistake and played into the Blues hands.

They only have one hope now, win Game 5 and get a good jump in Game 6 and get the Lightning scared and then just maybe.
Good God that's nauseating. Remind me to never to to Richmond Hill again!

(Actually, if you go back tomorrow that sign might not be there anymore ;)

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad