Post-Game Talk: This is the 24th time the Bruins trail in a series 3-1 - They are 0-23

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
After the overtime loss, I had a very bad feeling about how this series was going to play out.

I knew that we were going lose the game the next day so it was crucial for the Bruins to win game 2.

Since that didn't happen, it seems like almost the entire team has checked out.

There is no way a team gets blown out 7-1 and there are no huge messages sent in the playoffs. It just doesn't happen. But in game 3, it did.

After seeing that, I saw all I needed to see unfortunately.

Right now, this team is not engaged they way it needs to be to go deep into the playoffs.

That game 2 was terrible all around

Because Tampa imposed their will anytime they wanted to

Only once did the Bruins do that in return (game tying 3rd goal)

Right now Tampa is playing harder. Playing more like a team. Each guy seems to know where the other is. Almost like no guessing.

Bruins on the other hand, are hoping to get a lucky chance or PP opportunities. Even when the non pp chances are there... where is the finish?

I do hope the team can extend the series.... my only wish is that Ritchie is benched. Bruins beat Canes without Ritchie. Nothing to lose

Reactions: DBL84

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I know it

I know it is surely not all on Cassidy. DS has never gone out to get the extra scoring depth we need, he did pretty good last year with Coyle and MoJo, but had to let Johansson walk because we still had Backes, which is one of Don's biggest mistakes. If we could have landed someone like Mark Stone and got him to sign a little less than what he got with VGK, that would have been a major get, but again Backes. As for Rask, he has had some great moments like shutting down Pittsburgh in 2013, but he has never been able to get it fully done, gets close but that's it, he would have been great at Horse shoe. Cassidy though made some horrible choices with lineups, 7 D one being Moore, than 4 of the forwards Lindholm, Ritchie, Nordstom, and Wagner bring no offense at all. so to me, this is poor coaching. At least put the best of what you have available for scoring.

It always is a crapshoot who you put on the ice. You do the best you can at the time with the assistance of ALL the coaches, not just Cassidy. Everyone has to have someone to blame. This is a collected bunch to blame, IMO. Start with the lack of cap space, players, drafts, FAs, retaining FAs, backup goalies beyond Halak, and top management. Bruins need Cap Space to fix the player problems.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Can't blame the goalie when you score a combined 2 goals in games 3 and 4.
Especially since you got the feeling that only one line can generate something offensively.

I guess this is the second time in 3 years the Bruins lose 4 straight against Tampa after winning the first game.
Well it hasn't happened yet.

win tonight and 2-3 is better than 1-3

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It always is a crapshoot who you put on the ice. You do the best you can at the time with the assistance of ALL the coaches, not just Cassidy. Everyone has to have someone to blame. This is a collected bunch to blame, IMO. Start with the lack of cap space, players, drafts, FAs, retaining FAs, backup goalies beyond Halak, and top management. Bruins need Cap Space to fix the player problems.
Yep and DS is to blame for a lot of that.

Reactions: Maine Fan

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
2011, 2013, 2019.

Who was the best Bruins player during those runs. This core has never done anything without elite level goaltending. Not even just good goaltending. They've needed elite. They won't be getting that from Halak and the skaters seem incapable of raising their level to compensate.

They dont make it past Toronto or Columbus last year
no Rask.

Reactions: HumBucker

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I’m not calling this year a missed opportunity because Tampa is simply built better. Last year we lucked out with Columbus taking them out.

granted you could have made some noise in the robin games and got a better draw.

13 was tough but that Chicago team was built better as well in my opinion. Obviously Daugavins missing the empty net and collapsing the last minute makes it worse.

Last year is what I’ll hang my head on. Bruins had the better roster, more experience and momentum going into game 7. No excuse to lose that series.

the lack of a “go for it” move at the deadline outside of Rick Nash is a bad look for management as well.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins scoring has dried up in these playoffs. They are ranked 17th out of 24 teams for goals per game at 2.25. We were 9th in the regular season.

I just watched the Dallas replays and the announcer said the Dallas dee have 36 pts so far in the playoffs.

We have 15, Mac has 4 pts and Krug 6, the rest = 5 pts between them.

Miro Heiskanen has 16 pts, more than our whole crew on dee.

We have 2 measly goals by our dee and have deflected in 4 on Halak. We actually have doubled the goals against us by our backline.

Our forward group is not better with 39 pts 5 on 5. Something to address next year.

No matter who is net we will not win against elite teams by shooting blanks and peripheral shots .

Only Bergy at plus 2 and Carlo at plus 1 are plus players, everyone else is a minus

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Should of been a 2- minute boarding minor.
Not if you listen to the biggest wimp this side of Damien Cox in DJ Bean. You would think Gourde lost a leg, arm and will have PCS for the rest of his life while Ritchie is out terrifying kids at christmas dressed up as Krampus.

Isn't there an under 6 soccer league that clown can cover?

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad