Post-Game Talk: This is the 24th time the Bruins trail in a series 3-1 - They are 0-23

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
how about this for a lineup tomorrow

marchand coyle pasta
debrusk bergeron kase
bjork krejci stud
nordstrom kuraly kuhlman
Any actual change is welcome.(swapping Bjork/Kuhlman is not actual change).

Lineup as currently composed is predictable. Any hf poster could coach Tampa to wait out Bergy line and let Point skate circles around the others. Exploit Bruins left side D, etc.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number6

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Its a shame how much Sweeney has f*** with the window. We all praise these cheep deals but what have they accomplished? Team has 1 line.............
Yes DS has some great deals on some players, but wasted cap space with the likes of Backes over the years that prevented us from adding quality talent to the top line players we have already.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Any actual change is welcome.(swapping Bjork/Kuhlman is not actual change).

Lineup as currently composed is predictable. Any hf poster could coach Tampa to wait out Bergy line and let Point skate circles around the others. Exploit Bruins left side D, etc.
Marchand Bergeron Coyle
Debrusk Krejci Pasta
Kuraly Studnicka Kase
Nordstrom Lindholm Frederic

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
There is one side of me that is thinking time to blow it up . There is another side of me thinking don’t make important decisions based anything that has happened in 2020, that goes for hockey and life in general.

I'm not saying to do that, but for the sake of argument ask yourself "is the team going to be better or worse next season?"
If you think worse, and they couldn't win it the past 2 years, then why not load up on picks (again), but this time take the best players available.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Lots of people pointing to last year's loss as another "playoff failure." That's too easy. We ultimately lost, yes, but going to game 7 and beating the Blues in three of those games – and quite handily, too – does not indicate a team that can't win in the post-season. Beat a very tough and physical Columbus squad, too. Had some injuries along the way, and some undeniably horrible officiating as well.

Now, not exactly the same roster this year, but I'm not in the "blow it all up" camp because of this year's extenuating circumstances. For whatever reason, this team in the bubble playoffs is just not playing up to its potential. There have been flashes of the regular-season Bruins, but I think too many of our players just haven't been able to get back up to where they were, or gel as a team.

Sure, it's undeniable the trade deadline players have largely been a bust. Ritchie might have brought some size, but not much else, and he's not used it in the best way. Kase, while the effort and skill are there, hasn't brought offense, which is why he's there.

As far as game 4, it's easy to blame Halak, but I think he played well enough for the B's to win that game. Maybe one goal he would "liked to have back" but he also made some big stops when he needed to. At the very least he wasn't any worse than anyone else. When you have the league's leading goal-scorer given a wide open net, he needs to bury that.

The whole team – maybe outside of Marchand and McAvoy, and maybe Lindholm and Nordstrom – just seems to be running at 80%. Not good enough.

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Lost in all of this is Tampa Bay is on a mission to try to erase what happened last year.

IF the Bruins had won Game 2 it might have broken the Lightning but it appears the reverse has occurred.

Tampa is doing this with 2 key players watching from the seats.

Halak is not the problem - the defense has totally fallen apart.

Just like the Bruins took the 3-0 3-0 debacle in 2010 as a motivation for their 2011 Cup run, TB want to redeem themselves after becoming the 1st ever President trophy winner to be swept in round 1 last year.

Reactions: Fenway and Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
They're facing a big hill to climb, and if they play the same way as the last 2 games, it'll be over soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the B's win tomorrow, because they'll be fighting for their lives for the first time in these playoffs, and it's very difficult to close out a series for the team up 3-1.

Only way to look at is as not one big hill to climb, but rather 3 consecutive smaller hills, which is really what it is. It's not one 30-foot hill facing them; it's three 10-foot hills in a row. And they know they can climb a 10-foot hill. Just need to climb the first one, then do it two more times. With a bunch of douchebags, trying to beat you to the top. :laugh:

But if they win tomorrow, it's 3-2. Then, if they manage to win game 6, it's anyone's series. Not impossible.

If we get game 1 or game 4 Jaro (or better), that's good enough goaltending to win. But unless the rest of the team steps up, we're toast.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I'm not saying to do that, but for the sake of argument ask yourself "is the team going to be better or worse next season?"
If you think worse, and they couldn't win it the past 2 years, then why not load up on picks (again), but this time take the best players available.

Ya , I have been of same sentiment, I just don't wanna base to much of what they do going forward on this "Bubble era". I think it could really skew your think. However, if that was your thinking before Covid then perhaps what you saw might be accurate the trick is going to be determining what was what. Though you have to imagine management is aware of who is being effected more and who is being effected less by being in the Bubble.

For example I've never been a fan of 5'9" Dmen let alone two of them. With Krug probably seeking in the 7M+ range and Grizz needing a new contract and the excessive amount of D in the system who are NHL ready it may be time to address that.

That's one example and there are other ways to better the roster that can be considered. Loading up on picks I'm all for but like you said gonna have to stop thinking your the smartest guy in the room and pick the best players available.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Cassidy can be blamed a little for playing Ritchie. Its not like he can turbocharge the talent he has to work with

Otherwise the construct of lineup is on Sweeney

Last season he nailed a jackpot with Johansson.

And then he didnt resign him???;wasted 900k on scrub 1 , 800k on Kampfer, 800k on Brett Ricthie, 800k on Lindholm... which adds up to Mojo Salary pretty much

Instead of buying quality (Johansson), goes to the dollar store and buys lower end quantity.
If we kept Mojo maybe Heinen stays

This is what baffled me the most this offseason
Sweeney believes in quantity over quality.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't know why more players fail to do that. There was no call on the ice. If he gets right back up nothing happens and the game continues. If he stays down and milks it, well, we saw what happens. I'm not saying he was faking. I have no idea if he was or not. But, the point is that when players stay down the refs tend to react a lot more than if a similar incident happens and the player keeps skating or gets right back up. The more recent NHL rewards snapping the head back, engaging in histrionics, and staying down when you are able to get back up.
In soccer they do but the Bruins players don't. It's almost like if a player does that and then comes back within a period THAT player should be suspect of embellishment (which is seriously under called in the NHL).

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Bruins are 0-23 when trailing 1-3 in a series?

Weren’t they also 0 for when down 0-2 before winning twice in 2011?

Bruins will win game 5, 6 and 7 2020 style.

Eat that TB lovers.
I always love your posts. Nothing stays the same forever, it is time to change that zero.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad