GDT: "This Is Our Stanley Cup" | NHL 2019 Entry Draft | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO Nashville does well by opening that cap up, they likely push hard for Duchene now. The Subban that I saw last season was not the PK that we were used to seeing. Not sure if it was a one off or if he has begun a decline in his career. Nashville apparently didn't want to wait around to find out.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Sadly, I think we go into next year with roughly the same roster.

I'm sure we'll bring in at least 2 forwards, one via trade and one via UFA. Probably middle 6 wingers, but we all knew we didn't have the space or assets for anything major.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I was out all morning and didn't go through the thread.
Are there any Oiler rumors of any kind? It's so odd that we haven't seen one since Broberg was taken,.
None. We make our picks today and call it a day. I expect the next move Holland makes to be July 2

Reactions: KingKhron

North

Jun 25, 2009
Better to be in cap hell with a contending team than be in cap hell with a bottom 10 team.

Are they a contender? They haven’t played any games yet so maybe we need to wait and see how this plays out.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Predators in the last 10 seasons have traded R.Suter, S.Jones, S.Weber and now Subban and still have Josi and Ellis! Talk about an abundance of blue line riches!

Reactions: KYams17

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
IMO Nashville does well by opening that cap up, they likely push hard for Duchene now. The Subban that I saw last season was not the PK that we were used to seeing. Not sure if it was a one off or if he has begun a decline in his career. Nashville apparently didn't want to wait around to find out.
It’s always fun to watch smart organizations at work.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Predators in the last 10 seasons have traded R.Suter, S.Jones, S.Weber and now Subban and still have Josi and Ellis! Talk about an abundance of blue line riches!
They have a long history of drafting d-men in the first round. Maybe this is the model Holland is trying to follow?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
True. They also have to get there.

The thing is that they don't have any real long term commitments. Subban and Schneider's contracts are for 3 more years I believe so that gives them a strong 2-3 year window to compete and also convince Hall to stay.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That PK was still a better defender than anything we had since Pronger.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Meanwhile many here are *****ing about us drafting a defenseman again this year.

It’s always fun to watch smart organizations at work.

Agreed, Nashville is a very smart organization.

Austerlitz

Jun 26, 2018
Subban ain't that great anymore.

Come the Hall extension, NJD will have 20 million tied up into two defensively porous players leaving their prime, with second contracts for two first overalls looming.

This isn't as good as it looks. Instead of crying over Hall-Larsson, Oiler fans should be thankful Chia didn't fall for the ridiculous Draisatl/Nurse/Pulju deal that Montreal had wanted for PK.

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
Oilers couldn't take on PK's salary, it's a pipe dream to get him here, and he's also on the decline if last year was any indication. We would've had to move some money when Nashville was looking to shed cap.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad