GDT: "This Is Our Stanley Cup" | NHL 2019 Entry Draft | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Curious to see what this does to the market for defence with both Trouba and Subban going for less than expected. Though there are other reasons for that. (Trouba's list of locations, and Nash not wanting any cap space back).

Still that leaves you with Barrie, Faulk, Vatanen, and Green as top 4 RHD potentially on the market/ a year away from UFA. Not to mention Collin Miller in Vegas.

I'd be curious if you could turn Benning/Jones/Bear + a pick into one of those 5.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Green/Miller/Vatanen/Faulk/Barrie
Sekera-Russell

Toss in something like Manning for Reimer, and I'm liking the look of that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Subban is one year removed from 59 points and a career high 16 goals.

One year.

Not 5 years.

I think he was just playing through injuries last year.

You'd think that Nashville would know the scoop better than anyone. I also think that this move may have been due to the culture in the dressing room as he's been rumored to be on the block for some time IIRC.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
You can never have enough defenseman as some GM’s like to say and if memory serves me correct PK and Weber are second round picks?
Defensemen taken in the top 2 rounds by Nashville: Ryan Suter, Ryan Ellis, Seth Jones, Dante Fabbro, Shea Weber, Roman Josi, Nick Spaling

North

Jun 25, 2009
I wonder if Jones gets moved? Likely the closest to NHL ready of our LHD prospects but likely the guy with the lowest upside between Broberg, Samorukov and himself.

Solid young defensemen are always in demand.

I don’t know if they will move one of the young guys yet. I think they are hoping one of the young guys can supplant someone more established so they could trade someone with more value to fill another hole.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Man you gotta wonder where we would be had we hired Ray Shero as GM in spring 2015 instead of the cluster f*** that was Chiarelli.

Reactions: alphahelix

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
It could also mean they realized Turris is a bust for them and are trying to make a move for Duchene.

IMO Nashville dun goofed all around. They never should've let Seth Jones go in the first place for one.

Yeah I think the Turris trades and Jones trades were poor. They should of just stayed the course.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I like this trade for NJ. With that said, PK is at the age where steep declines can happen. Probably ok as only 3 years left on contract.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I like this trade for NJ. With that said, PK is at the age where steep declines can happen. Probably ok as only 3 years left on contract.

Everyone seems to think he's in a decline, but I think he'll be worth 9m for the next 3 years easily, especially with some of the contracts signed lately.

Reactions: npanciroli

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don’t know if they will move one of the young guys yet. I think they are hoping one of the young guys can supplant someone more established so they could trade someone with more value to fill another hole.

True, if we move out Russell then Jones would be next in line to step in unless it'd be Lagesson instead.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
PK was better than Larsson defensively and if he wasn't injured would of probably tied Nurse in points or passed him. That's all in a bad year.

Why bring Nurse or Larsson into this, they have nothing to do with my point.

With Subban making more than both Nurse and Larsson combined, he had damn well better bounce back from what he was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad