Sportsnet: This is our match in a 24 team format! now NHLPA approved

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think they should just stick with 16 teams instead of 24 teams. This 24 teams is really Micky Mouse. Imagine Hawks winning it all.
Then there is the seedings. Which is ridiculous, don’t understand why GMs would even be okay with that.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
not likely. they'd probably be facing tampa bay
in peace and respect.. I agree- pre covid matchup was looking like Leafs-Tampa, then Bruins (if they won their wildcard matchup)..so isn’t a Columbus, then Boston a better draw than Tampa and Boston... don’t see why the displeasure in this format..the Atlantic div strength makes for tough playoff matchups right away..

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think they should just stick with 16 teams instead of 24 teams. This 24 teams is really Micky Mouse. Imagine Hawks winning it all.
Then there is the seedings. Which is ridiculous, don’t understand why GMs would even be okay with that.

Players have to approve it as well as the return to play committee

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That said, I’d much rather play in this weird first round, than sit out even longer like Boston.

Especially because our core is young, I don't think it will take as long for them to get going. We could be a couple steps ahead if we get out of the first round.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
in peace and respect.. I agree- pre covid matchup was looking like Leafs-Tampa, then Bruins (if they won their wildcard matchup)..so isn’t a Columbus, then Boston a better draw than Tampa and Boston... don’t see why the displeasure in this format..the Atlantic div strength makes for tough playoff matchups right away..

Take the leafs out of it though. Why would Boston agree to this format.

if 5 plays 12, and 12 wins.... shouldn’t Boston get the 12th seed in the first round? I mean. What’s the point of seeding?

5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9.

If there is a single upset, then Boston doesn’t get the lowest team. Seems kinda dumb

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia

if 5 plays 12, and 12 wins.... shouldn’t Boston get the 12th seed in the first round? I mean. What’s the point of seeding?

5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9.

If there is a single upset, then Boston doesn’t get the lowest team. Seems kinda dumb
For sure I agree.. no reseeding makes no sense.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I am not going to watch this crap actually. Points % of the top 16 teams is much mote fair and has integrity. F*** just give the top team a pass in the first round. Play 15 series at 3 out 5 and then slam them all in to the second round based on points % at season pause.
Gives you your fu@king 16 teams and lets get away from this crap. If you lose first round you are a lottery team based on points again. But noooo, teams betting on a great draft pick would buck that right quick. Well leafs are in now, sucks for the other teams that aren’t. Have a nice lottery,who cares i hate other teams anyway.

Points % at seasons pause should be the ranking and anything else they want to call integrity they can shove

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9.

I think they don’t want to adjust the seedings due to travelling during COVID.

That’s why if Habs beat Pens, they will play Phi as they are most likely within the same city. However, I think if Panthers beatS NYI and Leafs beats BJ, Bruins should play the lowest seed, as I am assuming all of the teams are playing in the same city.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Don’t think we won’t be kicking your arses this time.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There is also talk, that the four bye teams, Boston, Tampa, Capitals, Flyers, will play each other, to determine seeding. What I read, suggested that this doesn't incorporate existing points, so basically three games would determine seedings. This allows these teams to play some competitive games, that mean something, to get warmed up for the next round. If this ends up being the case, there is no guarantee we get Boston in the next round, if we beat Columbus.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
to be fair.... how is their heavier brand going to work in this time? No scrums, I doubt checking and grinding will be the same.

It’s a skill league.... and now the playoffs will probably favour skill.

of course if Freddie plays like October Freddie it doesn’t matter......:

Also. Why would we play Boston first round?

wouldn’t Boston play the lowest seed? I what is an upset happens?

Why wouldn’t they re-seed? They are all in the same city
Why? Do you think the heavier team will be uninterested in playing?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I am not going to watch this crap actually. Points % of the top 16 teams is much mote fair and has integrity. F*** just give the top team a pass in the first round. Play 15 series at 3 out 5 and then slam them all in to the second round based on points % at season pause.
Gives you your fu@king 16 teams and lets get away from this crap. If you lose first round you are a lottery team based on points again. But noooo, teams betting on a great draft pick would buck that right quick. Well leafs are in now, sucks for the other teams that aren’t. Have a nice lottery,who cares i hate other teams anyway.

Points % at seasons pause should be the ranking and anything else they want to call integrity they can shove
Without the Toronto, Montreal, New York and Chicago markets there is no sense in having the exhibition.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Why? Do you think the heavier team will be uninterested in playing?

From what I gather its full face shields and no after the whistle activity.

They want to minimize risk and contact. Face washing and fighting etc will be limited imo.

it will be more like olympics than Stanley cup. Ref enforced. I mean I could be way off but that’s my rationale

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Bring on Columbus; i think folks have let their fluke last year cloud their judgements. The Leafs i think line up very well against them - beat them 4-1 last game against.

As long as Andersen is at least average, Leafs would be clear favorites that series

Reactions: CincoHolio and kb

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think they don’t want to adjust the seedings due to travelling during COVID.

That’s why if Habs beat Pens, they will play Phi as they are most likely within the same city. However, I think if Panthers beatS NYI and Leafs beats BJ, Bruins should play the lowest seed, as I am assuming all of the teams are playing in the same city.

I think east is all in the same hub. But yes if there are more travels I can see it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad