Sportsnet: This is our match in a 24 team format! now NHLPA approved

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We win if our top players show up and our goaltending does not suck. Literally the undoing of Tampa last year. Tampa would have lost to any kind of respectable team playing like they did last year. They were atrocious.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It'd be a change of pace, if nothing else. They were tracking to start on the road against Tampa. I guess it could then potentially lead to a series against Boston in a different round from the usual as well...or perhaps not.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It does feel like we get a raw deal over this proposed set up

That said, I’d much rather play in this weird first round, than sit out even longer like Boston.

I thought the top 4 play a best of 3 for seeding

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
the "2nd" round is bullshit.

at least we'd have home ice against columbus tho...
Depends on where we wannabe? meaning where we play. We might play in vancouver if that thang better than toronto mayne. The other cave is like in vegas. Mayne that gon be hard. Ich love playing against tortto. That guy crazy is dirt. Our coach ain't that crazy, but mayne he hard. We moving thangs and doing thangs soon sire. Winning and all.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
How lucky for us that we get to play the most physical defensive team in a 5 game series and if we win that we get to play a rested Bruins. Everyone play or come up with something else.
How Maple Leafs stack up to Blue Jackets in potential playoff series - Sportsnet.ca

Of course.......

The NHL just can't get enough Boston Toronto matchups. No matter what happens, it's always Boston. Let's face it, we aren't winning anything it seems until we get through them. This is all assuming we beat Columbus and I have big doubts we do. They also play a heavier brand of hockey.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Of course.......

The NHL just can't get enough Boston Toronto matchups. No matter what happens, it's always Boston. Let's face it, we aren't winning anything it seems until we get through them. This is all assuming we beat Columbus and I have big doubts we do. They also play a heavier brand of hockey.
We would have to work like dogs to beat them. Work ethic,discipline and defense to go with one of the top young offenses has to rise up somehow. A healthy defense and team in general works for all, i think we have as much talent as anyone but they haven’t risen to the occasion yet. They could maybejust click and get it i hope.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Considering both Marner and Andersen seem to be slow starter during the beginning of the season, don’t think jumping straight into playoffs is a good idea.

Then again, they are under Keefe now and for the first time the whole team is actually healthy.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
I like it. Let's get this thing going! NBA is back mid-July. Hopefully NHL is back by then too

EYj6Wi9X0AEdNCR

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad