Confirmed with Link: This is a bad hockey team (22-23 edition)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What are we bummed about? Finding out Strome is actually good?

We knew he was good. His production and analytics were fine when he wasn't on the ice with Panarin.
There were a solid like dozen posters here who never accepted this, just like a group never embraced Roszival.

I’m glad he’s doing well. I do think Trocheck is the better all around player.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
There were a solid like dozen posters here who never accepted this, just like a group never embraced Roszival.

He was always hated because he was a Islanders pick, I don’t miss him or anything but he got a lot of unwarranted hate.

But then again i never hate any of our players even the bad ones, I reserve my burning hatred for coaches

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was always hated because he was a Islanders pick, I don’t miss him or anything but he got a lot of unwarranted hate.

But then again i never hate any of our players even the bad ones, I reserve my burning hatred for coaches

It's starting to become annoying hearing about Strome on here anytime Trocheck does something good or bad. The two have nothing to do with each-other. Strome was moving on regardless if they got Trocheck or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atax

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Wonder if he’ll start playing EHM / NHL / FHM with the Rangers roster soon …

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Please use this thread for your official bitching and moaning.

Please use Twitter for your unofficial bitching and moaning.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
So he's gonna fire the coach while the same people continue to run the team?

Sounds about Dolan.
I wasn’t bitching or moaning - I posted an espn story .

But your question- I’d say Dolan loves Drury because he’s sather vetted.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia

Strome got so much undeserved hate here, it was unfathomable. I also don't disgree with the second part, Trocheck is the better all around complete player, and we likely aren't worrying about how good Strome is doing if Trocheck and Panarin clicked better of if Trocheck scored even half of his posts hes rung in the last month.

That said, the stylistic differents from Trochecks to Stromes and really Panarins games that clearly made Trocheck Drurys "guy" was always a HUGE risk. While a guy you're paying 11.6 shouldn't rely on linemates for his play, Panarin had never really played with a guy like this before. Kane, Strome, Dubois, they're really all offensive playmakers.

Trocheck is a straight line player who in theory, should bring some of that element to Panarins game, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks. It just never looked right or statistically produced the way it should have on paper with all their strengths blended together.

Not that this is in any way the biggest issue this team faces. I just think this team is now stuck with a player that is best suited centered their 3rd line on a 2nd line contract with a NMC.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I wish Tortorella was available. He's exactly the coach this team needs.
Rangers fans have PTSD from him and its not totally wrong for the way he was back then, but he's changed a ton.

I agree, he's exactly what this team needs. A general whos not afraid to push his players to be their best, and he's gotten way better at doing it within the lines.

You also know he's calling players out and pushing them in practice and behind closed doors. This team is far too complacent and needs someone like that.

Another Torts thing is hes a master at calling out players via media while also knowing when to defend his team and players and divert attention via a blowup to put the focus on himself when the team needs that.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
So he's gonna fire the coach while the same people continue to run the team?

Sounds about Dolan.
I wasn’t bitching or moaning - I posted an espn story .

But your question- I’d say Dolan loves Drury because he’s sather vetted.
You all know whats going to happen when Dolan gets to means end with the current coach and loses his temper and wants a new one...he'll look back on the glory days, consult with Sather, and tell Drury to hire the only guy that can break a New York Rangers curse:

Mark Messier. This is only half satire. There is likely a 50% chance this happens knowing the Rangers ability to botch Cup windows

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This is actually a legit "bad hockey team" thread instead of the other idiotic threads that pop up every year after 3 games. 26 games is enough time to see what you have or don't have. I'm still stunned at how this team finds ways to lose basically every night and the quality of the opponent they lose to so often. They can't seem to hold a lead nor can they come from a multiple goal deficit. I still think coaching and scheme are the biggest problems with this team and they desperately need a new voice and direction but I doubt that happens anytime soon. That doesn't mean the players don't bear responsibility for what has been a disaster of a season. Nearly every single one of them has to step it up and play with purpose. The season can be salvaged but it is slowly slipping away and can be done by Christmas. Will anything actually change? I seriously doubt it.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
You just have to fire this whole coaching staff. This cant go on any longer. They are completely undisciplined in EVERYTHING they do. Every single thing. They have no defensive structure. Its a free for all out there.

Reactions: CLW and Kords

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You just have to fire this whole coaching staff. This cant go on any longer. They are completely undisciplined in EVERYTHING they do. Every single thing. They have no defensive structure. Its a free for all out there.
Yeah, I'm not typically one to place the blame primarily on the coach, but these guys either have no idea what they're supposed to be doing, or they aren't playing for the coach. In either event, that signals a problem for the coach, but also the players who are professional athletes and should be capable of more than this.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yeah, I'm not typically one to place the blame primarily on the coach, but these guys either have no idea what they're supposed to be doing, or they aren't playing for the coach. In either event, that signals a problem for the coach, but also the players who are professional athletes and should be capable of more than this.
There is no accountability. There is no fear of being held accountable. These guys, while professional athletes, are still human. They are making mistakes with no consequence. They are flubbing simple passes, not connecting on them. They are missing defensive assignments. They are taking offensive zone penalties. This goalie in particular can’t stop a beach ball but they are being outshot. They dont play with energy. They dont play with structure. They dont play like they care — and i think that is a mentality of the entire team — why is that? Typically that happens when that mentality is permissible by who is in charge. It is terrifying if these guys who have been playing for this coaching staff for a year and a quarter don’t know where they should be on the ice or what they should be doing. Terrifying. That’s bad coaching.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There is no accountability. There is no fear of being held accountable. These guys, while professional athletes, are still human. They are making mistakes with no consequence. They are flubbing simple passes, not connecting on them. They are missing defensive assignments. They are taking offensive zone penalties. This goalie in particular can’t stop a beach ball but they are being outshot. They dont play with energy. They dont play with structure. They dont play like they care — and i think that is a mentality of the entire team — why is that? Typically that happens when that mentality is permissible by who is in charge. It is terrifying if these guys who have been playing for this coaching staff for a year and a quarter don’t know where they should be on the ice or what they should be doing. Terrifying. That’s bad coaching.
I fully agree that there's a problem with the coaching, and it's time for a change.

Still, the players don't get a pass just for being human. We're all human. If you or I go to work and stop listening to our boss, stop working hard, do whatever we want, whatever, we get fired. I'm not saying we need to get rid of any of the players, but these guys are all established professional athletes, they don't get a pass for half-assing it because they don't like their coach, or worse--just because they can get away with it.

Even if guys aren't accountable to the coaches they should still be accountable to themselves and to each other. If they're not, that's a huge problem IMO and runs deeper than the coaching.

Reactions: RGY

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Jimmy Vesey is back with top 6 minutes, haha, excellent coaching while aiming for top draft picks next summer. This is Alain Vigneault way back, or wait he was bottom 6 for sure.. Maybe Alain was better than most coaches in the last decade in NY.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00