Confirmed with Link: This is a bad hockey team (22-23 edition)

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Lack of offense at 5v5 has been a theme since last season and it's not getting any better. Some of it is bad luck, on the other hand they are not creating the type of looks that you need to be a team that scores at a high rate. Too many point shots, too many shots outside of the dots, very few times you see them finding a seam to hit a guy backdoor. Their rush offense is non existent. Gotta fix it quickly.

Reactions: Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
This is a pass first and shoot at the very last minute team. Krieder falling back into the stratosphere also helps with this recipe of disappointment.
Blais was definitely more impressive the 3 games we saw him last season. But he’s obviously not the sole issue, it’s just something I noticed.
The need for a serviceable steady veterinary D is apparent. But this has been said.
I guess the one plus is it being the beginning of the season but if they keep this up it will eventually bite them in the ass and us frankly for wasting our time and money. 🤦‍♂️

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Don’t worry, our savior might return next game. When you’re down to nothing, Krav is up to something. Never forget that
I hope so. Now I’m even more bummed out because of:

C625C9B4-4E10-4326-960C-4DCC0BD46F7A.jpeg

We’re really being f***ed with

Reactions: will1066

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
GG is gone if NYR don't make it out of the first round, let alone miss the playoffs IMO.

The expectation level from Drury is high. NYR don't have to worry about having to pay a coach millions to not be here. We don't have budget constraints.

The downside to that fact is that GG is unlikely to force the kids in for development purposes when he knows his window is here and now.
Isn't that where the contraindiction lies? I mean, robably the only way this team really makes strides is if the kids really grow and contribute. But, if GG doesnt allow that to happen (and runs the top 6 into the ground) even ifnit means better results during the season, then what really is most important? Therefore, I believe Drury has to give some sort of "job security" to GG in exactly what HE wants. Which should be the growth of the kids.

PP1 unit looks so cohesive, but what would it hurt to distribute the 2 minutes a little more evenly? Half the time its the youth that draws it to begin with, and loved someone comparing it to a worker with all the ideas and the boss gets credit for it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Anyone catch the Red Wings telecast in which Mickey Redmond is a big part of? Man, remembering yesteryear he was one of my faves.
The INSIGHT he shared with yesteryear's NHL and the insight between the benches and the HONESTY he presented about the Rangers being a HUGE team that came to play, not liking what their past performances had shown.

This is a GOOD team, just trying gel, while GG fits the pieces to the puzzle together.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is real bad. I don’t like this team. I don’t like watching games. I don’t like my life.
Well, with Michael Jackson your choice for avatar pic, a Kaapo Kakko being your username, there is no other choice. Your life has to suck in comparison.......guess what........join the crowd.

• Haha
Reactions: Rempe73

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Anyone catch the Red Wings telecast in which Mickey Redmond is a big part of? Man, remembering yesteryear he was one of my faves.
The INSIGHT he shared with yesteryear's NHL and the insight between the benches and the HONESTY he presented about the Rangers being a HUGE team that came to play, not liking what their past performances had shown.

This is a GOOD team, just trying gel, while GG fits the pieces to the puzzle together.
Mickey Redmond is great. I still don’t know about the team though. We need more scoring depth (which thankfully we got against Detroit). But will it be consistent? Will our bottom pairing D and goaltending stabilize? And will our core play up to their standards? Lots of question marks. They looked phenomenal in the beginning of the year. Maybe I’m asking for too much.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Mickey Redmond is great. I still don’t know about the team though. We need more scoring depth (which thankfully we got against Detroit). But will it be consistent? Will our bottom pairing D and goaltending stabilize? And will our core play up to their standards? Lots of question marks. They looked phenomenal in the beginning of the year. Maybe I’m asking for too much.
yeah, those initial games really set us up on "what they ARE capable of", and then nowhere to go but down. those questions are legit, and hoping in due time they get answered in a positive way. Thing is, we all know this team is capable of great things.....
within the locker room is where they have to demand excellence from one another. Remains to be seen.

Reactions: Rempe73

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Boston seems to be the only team without question marks, right now. That the Devils are playing this well is amazing, though.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Boston seems to be the only team without question marks, right now. That the Devils are playing this well is amazing, though.
The devils are out scoring their problems but I’m not sure how long that lasts.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Besides perhaps goaltending, what other problems do you think they have?
Thats just it. Their defense looks solid. Their offense looks fast paced but small. But goaltending has been their biggest problem for the past few years.
That hasn't gone away.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What are we bummed about? Finding out Strome is actually good?

We knew he was good. His production and analytics were fine when he wasn't on the ice with Panarin.

Reactions: CLW and Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad