GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
ApprehensiveLameAmoeba-size_restricted.gif

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Welcome to a rebuilding a hockey club with significant holes to fill.

I mean, I don’t really know what to say that hasn’t been said dozens of times at this point.

There are going to be stretches where this team is going to look really bad. This should not come as a surprise.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Welcome to a rebuilding a hockey club with significant holes to fill.

I mean, I don’t really know what to say that hasn’t been said dozens of times at this point.

There are going to be stretches where this team is going to look really bad. This should not come as a surprise.

Frankly, “rebuilding” isn’t an excuse to look this bad, especially when a big issue, like the bottom-6, is something that could have been addressed in free agency or trade. At least IMO. Like, if they thought Chytil and Kravstov would make it, fine, but if they were banking on those two making the team, they should have had some decent veteran depth there to play should they not make the team.

When I see our 7th overall pick playing with a defenseman and an ECHL caliber hockey player, and our 2nd overall pick playing with a cast off and future rental, I tend to worry about the roster management.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Frankly, “rebuilding” isn’t an excuse to look this bad, especially when a big issue, like the bottom-6, is something that could have been addressed in free agency or trade. At least IMO. Like, if they thought Chytil and Kravstov would make it, fine, but if they were banking on those two making the team, they should have had some decent veteran depth there to play should they not make the team.

When I see our 7th overall pick playing with a defenseman and an ECHL caliber hockey player, and our 2nd overall pick playing with a cast off and future rental, I tend to worry about the roster management.

Decent veteran depth probably wouldn’t be used in the same sentence with rebuilding, but I am curious as to whom you would’ve brought in, based on the cap space this organization had up until a week ago.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
This should not come as a surprise.

Yet it is for a number of posters. Not surprised though, I recall some people thinking we had a playoff caliber team during the offseason.

I’m not hating what I see from our prospects though. I still see a successful team for awhile with what’s being constructed.

Stanley Cup Contender? Not sure.. But there is a lot of potential good and perhaps a tiny bit of great within our system.

Hate to say it but I think we need 1 more gamebreaking talent. Maybe we find that in a big trade. Or, next draft?

Gorton has a lot of chips available if he chooses to gamble. Skjei. Andersson. Buch. Kreider. ADA. Hell - even Chytil or Kravtsov if the right player is there.

Reactions: akmuo33

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yet it is for a number of posters. Not surprised though, I recall some people thinking we had a playoff caliber team during the offseason.

I’m not hating what I see from our prospects though. I still see a successful team for awhile with what’s being constructed.

Stanley Cup Contender? Not sure.. But there is a lot of potential good and perhaps a tiny bit of great within our system.

Hate to say it but I think we need 1 more gamebreaking talent. Maybe we find that in a big trade. Or, next draft?

Gorton has a lot of chips available if he chooses to gamble. Skjei. Andersson. Buch. Kreider. ADA. Hell - even Chytil or Kravtsov if the right player is there.

I think this year will go a long way in showing us who looks to have the best odds of being part of a longer plan, but ultimately I think this is a year where we still need ammo — be it in a Kreider deal, be it at the draft, etc.

I expect moments where things click and you can see a glimpse of what the future could hold. I think we’ll also see a lot of bad hockey.

Hopefully we can take it all in stride, because I think we’re going to see some nauseating extremes this season.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i thought deangelo had a nice 3rd period.

we played pretty well against the oil and the caps- 2 good teams, and only lost by a combined score of 9-3

s0 theres that

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think we also have to consider that this is not the start this team wanted from a lot of its young talent. Having even one or two of them really emerge from the pack would be a huge addition.

But we haven’t yet seen that young, breakout performer thus far. If anything, most of these starts would be considered disappointing.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think this year will go a long way in showing us who looks to have the best odds of being part of a longer plan, but ultimately I think this is a year where we still need ammo — be it in a Kreider deal, be it at the draft, etc.

I expect moments where things click and you can see a glimpse of what the future could hold. I think we’ll also see a lot of bad hockey.

Hopefully we can take it all in stride, because I think we’re going to see some nauseating extremes this season.

We’re a handful of games in and the bold is already true.

J.D has preached patience. He’s said this over and over. 18, 19 and 20 year olds playing in the best league on the planet. There will be a learning curve. Bad. More bad. Maybe some ugly. That’s the price you pay when you’re developing very young talent.

Look at Zbad. High pick. Has played for years and he’s finally putting things together in his mid 20’s.

Most posters here would have been labeling him a bust after a few seasons if we drafted him. I think a lot of people need to realize these kids - are just kids. They’re not Men yet. They still developing. That doesn’t happen overnight.

Personally, I’m enjoying the ride. I get frustrated too but within reason. I’d rather watch this group than a team of mercenaries signed to albatross contracts who are all but guaranteed to fall short in a 7 Game series.

This is the most exciting Rangers hockey I’ve watched since our Finals run. And the fact that we have a plethora of young talented kids like Chytil, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundkvist, Robertson and Shesty in our pipeline who aren’t regulars here yet makes things even more exciting.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
This game was closer than the final score.

You take Staals own-goal away and it’s 2-2 headed in the 3rd.

Against a team that’s considered ELITE.

Your expectations are too high and you don’t realize how young this team is.
Lmao no it wasn’t, the Caps should have won this game 10-2. Lundqvist is the only reason we were even remotely in this game.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The rangers made a lot of very correctable HUGE Blunders.

I actually...and I'm sure I'm gonna get killed for this...but I actually liked a decent amount of this game...when they were bad they were putrid, but you could see small flashes all over the ice of the makings of a good team in a few years.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Lmao no it wasn’t, the Caps should have won this game 10-2. Lundqvist is the only reason we were even remotely in this game.
They had severe breakdowns but all of it is correctable... It wasn't for a lack of effort (IMHO)... It was for a lack of execution.

The latter doesn't worry me nearly as much as the former.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad