This delay starting the Final is ridiculously stupid business

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
But if the roles were reversed we wouldn’t have home ice advantage. There does need to be a reward for wrapping up a series early.... what can be debated is too what extent, I feel the gap was slightly too long... but personally I’m kinda impatient
But why do you feel this way?
The Super Bowl is played on neutral ground ( usually) with teams that have uneven records and with a week off for media and rest.
Same goes for many other big events including the Winter Hockey Olympics.
I always hated how baseball seems to allow this "advantage" or "reward".
Now this guy will try and pitch on only 2 days rest while so and so has had five days off.
As a fan I want to see my star players healthy and rested so they perform at full compacity and without excuses.
If Vegas loses now we can say well Washington was fully recovered and the long layoff(lack of momentum) hurt the Knights.
If Vegas wins and Caps didn't rest we can say the team looked sluggish probably due to lack of time off.
Teams need time to prepare for the opponent. Film and study is important.
I don't want to here any excuses

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
But why do you feel this way?
The Super Bowl is played on neutral ground ( usually) with teams that have uneven records and with a week off for media and rest.
Same goes for many other big events including the Winter Hockey Olympics.
I always hated how baseball seems to allow this "advantage" or "reward".
Now this guy will try and pitch on only 2 days rest while so and so has had five days off.
As a fan I want to see my star players healthy and rested so they perform at full compacity and without excuses.
If Vegas loses now we can say well Washington was fully recovered and the long layoff(lack of momentum) hurt the Knights.
If Vegas wins and Caps didn't rest we can say the team looked sluggish probably due to lack of time off.
Teams need time to prepare for the opponent. Film and study is important.
I don't want to here any excuses
Super Bowl is not too comparable, it’s one game with about a week or more in between.

To me it’s rest vs rust, it’s nice to have both teams rested, but it shouldn’t punish the team who attended to business more efficiently. I don’t think a team should be punished by excessive days off because they wrapped up their series faster. It’s not the end of the world, but I find it preferable that rust be avoided than rest be given.

In this case though it’s really moot seeing as T-Mobile was already booked out.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
What's even worse, if this goes 7 games, it runs until June 13th which is insane. Two and a half weeks if it goes 7 games to conclude series.

They have multi-day breaks multiple times in series.
beautiful..... the longer the season last the better.

Hockey sh*ts on NFL and NBA :thumbu:

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Super Bowl is not too comparable, it’s one game with about a week or more in between.

To me it’s rest vs rust, it’s nice to have both teams rested, but it shouldn’t punish the team who attended to business more efficiently. I don’t think a team should be punished by excessive days off because they wrapped up their series faster. It’s not the end of the world, but I find it preferable that rust be avoided than rest be given.

In this case though it’s really moot seeing as T-Mobile was already booked out.
I understand your point now.

Reactions: hangman005

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I agree. Start Saturday which has been the night the most hockey games have been on. That makes more sense than a delay of close to a week in waiting for the final series to start.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
I'll have to watch that documentary......It will be cool to see Ovi and the gang loading equipment and bags onto the plane!! I never would have guessed that!!

As for the three hour time difference.....give me strength.

I work in Oman, that's a ten hour difference. They don't give me three days to get my bearings. They give me the time it takes to get from the airport to location.....about a two hour drive.

d5UlHGN.gif

You're reaching on all of this.....and seem to be really adamant that it isn't somewhat of an undeserved advantage for the Caps.

because it isn't?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Usually teams that win the cup gets the breaks. the bad call go for them. The bounces bounce for them. The occasional undeserved advantage is not unheard of

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I posted pretty much the same on twitter last week they should have played only Saturday and Wednesday, if it a sweep you still have two Saturday night games. If it goes to seven you have 4 and end on a Saturday night barely 3 days later than they would now anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad