This delay starting the Final is ridiculously stupid business

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Awful planning. The NHL had some decent momentum going for it...way to kill it.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
My biggest gripe is that it takes away from the advantage Vegas had in steam rolling its opponents.

Washington didn't...but are getting almost a week to recover and rest.

Seems.....disingenuous.

Reactions: Cotton

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
My biggest gripe is that it takes away from the advantage Vegas had in steam rolling its opponents.

Seems.....disingenuous.

There was a concert scheduled in Vegas about 6 months ago for this Saturday.. Venue wasn't available until Sunday (which means they had to re-convert it back to an Ice rink within a day). Vegas had home ice.

What would your plan be to solve that issue?

And one more thing. 4 days of rest is not a week (more like 3 days, since they had to pack and travel + media day). Vegas on the other hand had an actual week to plan and study for their upcoming opponent.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
There was a concert scheduled in Vegas about 6 months ago for this Saturday.. Venue wasn't available until Sunday (which means they had to re-convert it back to an Ice rink within a day). Vegas had home ice.

What would your plan be to solve that issue?

And one more thing. 4 days of rest is not a week (more like 3 days, since they had to pack and travel + media day). Vegas on the other hand had an actual week to plan and study for their upcoming opponent.

Seems like they've moved concerts in the past, no?

Did you just mention packing? Seriously?

Yes, that private jet must have been hell, I'll bet they couldn't even stretch out and catch 20 winks.

Vegas earned their time off, the Caps didn't.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Yes, that private jet must have been hell, I'll bet they couldn't even stretch out and catch 20 winks.

I may be mistaken but I believe the concerts couldn’t necessarily be changed like at other arena because VGK don’t control T-Mobile like other teams control their arenas.... but as I said I may be mistaken

Reactions: Pure West

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

Not when you have someone like Pink who's got a packed schedule of tours... so it was either cancel this one (in which case the NHL/Vegas would have to pay for lost wages) or move the game. They did the latter.

Yes... a team has to pack all its gear, drive it to the airport and get out and go unpack and get everything prepared for the team. You should really watch the Caps backstage video on Youtube that talks about how much effort goes into getting a team from city A to city B.

Its not a private jet? And it's a 3 hour time difference. It takes about 5 hours to travel there. (So packing + traveling + jet lag + media day = day lost).

Vegas got over a week of rest... Caps got roughly 3 days. Why exactly are you mad?

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
It'll be worse after the caps sweep vegas.. waiting all that long for a series ending on June 4th? :shakehead

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not when you have someone like Pink who's got a packed schedule of tours... so it was either cancel this one (in which case the NHL/Vegas would have to pay for lost wages) or move the game. They did the latter.

Yes... a team has to pack all its gear, drive it to the airport and get out and go unpack and get everything prepared for the team. You should really watch the Caps backstage video on Youtube that talks about how much effort goes into getting a team from city A to city B.

Its not a private jet? And it's a 3 hour time difference. It takes about 5 hours to travel there. (So packing + traveling + jet lag + media day = day lost).

Vegas got over a week of rest... Caps got roughly 3 days. Why exactly are you mad?

I'll have to watch that documentary......It will be cool to see Ovi and the gang loading equipment and bags onto the plane!! I never would have guessed that!!

As for the three hour time difference.....give me strength.

I work in Oman, that's a ten hour difference. They don't give me three days to get my bearings. They give me the time it takes to get from the airport to location.....about a two hour drive.

You're reaching on all of this.....and seem to be really adamant that it isn't somewhat of an undeserved advantage for the Caps.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I may be mistaken but I believe the concerts couldn’t necessarily be changed like at other arena because VGK don’t control T-Mobile like other teams control their arenas.... but as I said I may be mistaken

I'm sure that's correct and justifiable on T-Mobile's behalf. I'm not getting my panties in a bunch about it. I just feel it was an undeserved advantage that the Caps got out if it.

It's certainly not the end of the world.......

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm sure that's correct and justifiable on T-Mobile's behalf. I'm not getting my panties in a bunch about it. I just feel it was an undeserved advantage that the Caps got out if it.

Probably was... my main concern is purely selfish.... god I’ve been bored since game 5 lol

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

Seems.....disingenuous.
I never get this logic. They already have home ice advantage.
So Vegas is allowed to recover but Washington isn't?
I rather have an even leveled playing field myself. Plus viewers can now focus on hockey instead of NBA and MLB.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

How is this an advantage?
Vegas gets the same days off. There is no rule that says a team deserves a reward for beating it's opponent handily.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I never get this logic. They already have home ice advantage.
So Vegas is allowed to recover but Washington isn't?
I rather have an even leveled playing field myself. Plus viewers can now focus on hockey instead of NBA and MLB.
But if the roles were reversed we wouldn’t have home ice advantage. There does need to be a reward for wrapping up a series early.... what can be debated is too what extent, I feel the gap was slightly too long... but personally I’m kinda impatient

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad