This delay starting the Final is ridiculously stupid business

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Why start a Final series on the weekend so when you can start it on the least attractive day of the week?

Was definitely gonna watch if they had started it on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
But when the game is scheduled for 2am on a Monday ... which translates to a puck-drop-time of ~ 2:20am ... no thanks.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Why start a Final series on the weekend so when you can start it on the least attractive day of the week?

Was definitely gonna watch if they had started it on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
But when the game is scheduled for 2am on a Monday ... which translates to a puck-drop-time of ~ 2:20am ... no thanks.

las vegas arena has a pink concert. thats why its not been started yet

Reactions: TychoFan
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
she's a singer, very popular. had her concert scheduled months in advance. its the same thing for dc, they have other sporting events scheduled months ago
Queens of the Stone Age had to be rescheduled a week prior in order to accommodate game 5 for Jets and Golden Knights. Had they not been able to reschedule, the concert would have been simply cancelled.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
las vegas arena has a pink concert. thats why its not been started yet

Washington's game 7 was on Wednesday.
That means they could start the next round as soon as Friday.
So does this Pink concert take place from Friday night to Sunday night?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age had to be rescheduled a week prior in order to accommodate game 5 for Jets and Golden Knights. Had they not been able to reschedule, the concert would have been simply cancelled.

forgive me for this as im not really aware of the queens of the stone age, but im not sure if they are anywhere close to the revenue the arena would make off pink

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Washington's game 7 was on Wednesday.
That means they could start the next round as soon as Friday.
So does this Pink concert take place from Friday night to Sunday night?

well they probably set up the arena friday night. so sunday night would have been game 1. game 2 tuesday and then you run into the dc arena issue where the mystics, valor and capitals are all at home this week in the same arena

Reactions: Drakon
Sep 19, 2008
It's fine. Gives me a few days to unwind after all the tension of that series.

Will be back to being wired and "woke" on Monday

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So it sounds like there were scheduling conflicts, but even if the dates were free, does the NHL do things diffedently?

Maybe they don't want too much of a gap between the draft and the end of the post season.

Sep 19, 2008
I honestly don't see why everyone is complaining. Both teams get well rested and will be ready to go tomorrow. Normally I'd be the one whining about WHY DID NASHVILLE TAKE SO MUCH TIME OFF BEFORE GAME 7 , WHY DID JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE HOLD A CONCERT WHY THERE NO HOCKEY TODAY but I'm pretty much fine with how this finals is set.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
what makes it more fun is that saturday june 2nd had been booked for months for the valor game and then the nhl told caps that game 3 was on saturday june 2nd so they had to move the valor game to thursday to fit the nhl schedule

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
So it sounds like there were scheduling conflicts, but even if the dates were free, does the NHL do things diffedently?

Maybe they don't want too much of a gap between the draft and the end of the post season.

IMO they do not.

This is when they want the Stanley Cup to start.

Memorial Day Weekend is a big travel weekend in the US and TV Ratings might have suffered because of that.

The break builds suspense and anticipation while losing momentum.

People can set their schedules by this.

Does the loss in momentum outweigh the positives of waiting? NHL and the TV people don’t think so.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
What's even worse, if this goes 7 games, it runs until June 13th which is insane. Two and a half weeks if it goes 7 games to conclude series.

They have multi-day breaks multiple times in series.

Reactions: Estlin

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
What's even worse, if this goes 7 games, it runs until June 13th which is insane. Two and a half weeks if it goes 7 games to conclude series.

They have multi-day breaks multiple times in series.

Weren't there two 2 day breaks between game 5 and 6, and then game 6 and 7 in 09? Maybe I'm forgetting.

But I agree. It's too long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad