Post-Game Talk: This could get very interesting and not in a good way!

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The last truly elite player Ken Holland drafted was Pavel Datsyuk in 1998. You can also make a case for Z in 1999. SO YES, it totally makes sense to rely on his drafting skillz to restock the roster. :sarcasm:

God forbid Holland draft bums like Tatar, Filppula, Hudler or Nyquist with those 2nds/3rds. Nobody wants garbage players like those guys.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
You make it really hard to discuss on a constructive basis. We get what you think about the latest trades. Still, it isn't on them that we suck right now.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
You make it really hard to discuss on a constructive basis. We get what you think about the latest trades. Still, it isn't on them that we suck right now.

It's constructive you just don't get it. It's like putting a non-refundable deposit down on a car you know you'll never be able to afford or buy or drive. You're just giving away your money for free with "hopes" that you might strike a jackpot lotto in the next 3 months.

At the rate DRWs are playing, these guys won't push them past the 1st round. If they play their best and get a little lucky... I still doubt they make the ECFs.

So essentially Holland put money down on a car we'll never get to drive.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Sure glad Holland gave away a 2nd and a 3rd round pick which might turn out to be some pretty good picks for this crap.

How about we miss the playoffs when Red Wings have some draft picks. This year Ken Holland decided to give them away.... in a deep draft, no less! :laugh:

Wonder who Dallas is going to pick with our 2nd rounder this year? I'm sure it's going to be a nice pick.

Holland should have gave away more 2nd and 3rd rounders...

This is why I'm not thrilled Holland pissed away a 2nd for Cole and a 3rd for Zidlicky. Wings aren't winning **** with those guys and those scouts had a chance to pick magic with those draft picks. What's the point in trading assets for 36+ year olds?

Yeah, very constructive. But yes, I just don't get it. Pardon me. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad