Post-Game Talk: This could get very interesting and not in a good way!

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Red Wing Shoes > Detroit Red Wings

During the month of March, the Wings have averaged 3.5 goals against per game.

Only Edmonton and Toronto have been worse.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
This game rests on the goalies. If you go back and watch those goals while keeping in mind this was a one goal game (+EN). Ya, it is an ugly show.

It is sad that earlier in the year we were first in the league and now we are relying on teams below us to lose to even make the post season.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Starts Howard
Weiss scores after being scratched forever
Promotes Nyquist after his poor play, makes about 5-6 horrible turnovers
Takes his timeout after the game is finally out of reach

Round of applause for Mike Babcock everyone.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
I didn't even think the Sharks were particularly good, but that didn't stop them from filling the score sheet (same goes for us I guess). Bad goaltending. Sloppy defense. Hate seeing Helm on the power play, but now that Babcock has decided he's a top line winger, I expect he'll be out there for every PP for the rest of the year.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Howard with 3 goals on 10 shots Mrazek 19 shots 2 goals. One goalie is better. With Mrazek we win this with Howard its 8 or 9 goals.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The players are the ones that play the game. I know people want to pin a bunch of stuff on Babcock but I think the issues lately stem from the player leadership more than from him. Just not mentally sharp.

Time to call another team meeting.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Lines need changing. Immediately. If Babs doesn't want to comply, have fun in Toronto next year.

Kindl>Ericsson (at least right now)

Weiss>Joker (and Jurco when Cole is back)

As for goaltending, I don't know what the hell to say. I give Mrazek the slight edge at this point.

The sad thing is that our offense is finally coming through, but defense has played horrible. And what's up with Nyquist? If Weiss played that way he would be on waivers right now.

Datstromberg

Nov 12, 2007
Nyquist and tatar appear to have completely forgotten how to score.

Babcock is really dropping the ball as well .

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
The players are the ones that play the game. I know people want to pin a bunch of stuff on Babcock but I think the issues lately stem from the player leadership more than from him. Just not mentally sharp.

Of course, but the same issues that Babcock has always has (forcing square pegs into round holes, not making adjustments til it's too late, nonsensical and inflexible line combinations, etc.) are like piling on when the team is struggling like this.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Nyquist and tatar appear to have completely forgotten how to score.

Tatar scored tonight and has 27 goals. Probably end up with 30. He knows how to score.

Nyquist's offense doesn't concern me. What does bother me is his defense. He looks like Mr.Magoo.

Defense just doesn't know how to play defense.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Does anyone else not see the big deal in Babcock leaving? I feel like it could refresh the team. He's been here for a LONG time.

I wouldn't mind Blashill or Granato heading the bench.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Too bad turnovers didn't count as goals, because the Wings would be first in the east otherwise.

This team drives me up the ****ing wall. The Wings are good defensively and have good goaltending one game, then offence is nonexistent. And when the team is good offensively, defence and the goaltending are ****.

I suppose on the bright side, Sens lost tonight...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad