Third Jersey

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I still think it looks like something a Power Ranger would wear, but then again that's not the worst thing in the world.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
They really are going in on the 50th Gold look, eh? I like em, i bet they’ll look good in person

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
I don't know if it's because my expectations were so low from people saying, "brace yourself," but I genuinely like these thirds. I'm guessing they release them when the Sabres store has their grand reopening... but who knows.

I just pray there isn't a nameplate, and keep it clean. The gold is ostentatious enough.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm pro blue and gold all day, and I still think there's a way to do a gold third jersey well, as horrible as our last attempt was, that said:

To the extent there is an appetite to bring back the black/red oddity in some fashion, I would be interested to see what they could do with a black and gold third jersey concept

i'd like a gold based 3rd as well but think that Nashville pretty much owns that design/color combo. I'd be happy with a return to royal. Look at what those 1966 expansion St Louis Blues jerseys did for that franchise!

We all know who wears black and gold in this league. I'm staying away from that one.... lol.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
D7BzwBjXoAAr3tX.jpg

That's our 3rd jersey (IMO). Just leave it ALONE!

Of course, there's money to be made and this one's probably already maxed out.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I disagree that one is maxed out. I bet if they released some version of this in royal blue as the 50th, it would make scads of cash even with any similarity to existing stuff.

Agree. I was searching the web for a vintage Bison's jersey a couple of months ago and it seemed that the Winter Classic Buffalo home white version (pictured above) was getting a bit hard to find. A blue version in Royal would likely sell like crazy.

Heck, I'd certainly buy one!

P.S. Keep reading that folks want a re-issue of the butterknives red from time to time. I disagree. Not a fan of red but I would support a Bison's jersey as a 3rd.

They are so frickin awesome!

10710859_871110869588220_306237983489385870_n.jpg

Reactions: Smiling Ivan

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Possible leak!

VPyPoi1.png

I like them. Not blown away, but for a one season thing with the Gold season theme, they’re sharp.

I could be wrong, but it looks like they have all of the logos in franchise history on the inside of the back collar. Nice touch if true.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00