Third Jersey

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
And in ten more years, everyone will want a slug third jersey.

The slug jersey was like polyester bell bottoms. It happened, had a modicum of popularity, then mercifully disappeared....

Neither will make a comeback.

At least Roger Daltrey and Jimi Hendrix could look cool in these...
14039.jpg

...whereas even Chuck Norris couldn't look cool in one of these..
Buffalo%20Sabres%20jersey.jpg

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I don't see how any sane individual would want to see that abomination.
The AGH, on the other hand, was awesome.

I agree with the abomination part ... but I don’t like the cartoon land butter knives. And I certainly don’t like the goat head. Well, I don’t like the colors for sure.
Slap the goat head on the current colors and maybe it will look “acceptable”. Or put the goat head on the shoulder patch of a third jersey. Then it might look decent.

That’s my two cents.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Off topic but does anyone know how much they sell the authentic adidas jersey at the sabres store? Going to the game Thursday, was just wondering what they charged for them.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I actually liked the slug-jersey. Not the Trump-wig itself though, but the overall design was nice. Wouldn't mind it reused with the current logo in some fashion. I think a third jersey that reconnects with past designs would be cool. The slug-design in black and red, perhaps? But I'm fine with no third at all. I'd rather have no third than a forced design like the turdburger.

Reactions: stlwahoo

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I hate the fact we changed our jerseys so much. The iconic franchises are those that keep the original jerseys for the lifetime of the franchise. I do however like the blue and gold anniversary jersey.

Reactions: Eichel9

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The slug was such an embarrassment- let it die. Like I get bringing back a humorous retro jersey for laughs, but that one is too painful imo. Snorting goat would be good with me though.

Reactions: Fearnot

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I actually liked the slug-jersey. Not the Trump-wig itself though, but the overall design was nice. Wouldn't mind it reused with the current logo in some fashion. I think a third jersey that reconnects with past designs would be cool. The slug-design in black and red, perhaps? But I'm fine with no third at all. I'd rather have no third than a forced design like the turdburger.

Goat Head >>> Slug IMO

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I just want a red and black jersey again. the red butter knives have always been my favorite. I love the traditional blue and golds but gimme a piece of my childhood back with the red and black lol

Reactions: Goathead

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I just want a red and black jersey again. the red butter knives have always been my favorite. I love the traditional blue and golds but gimme a piece of my childhood back with the red and black lol

I honestly think that's one of the worst jerseys of all time in the NHL lol

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Ideally, I would love to see a goathead third jersey (either red and black, or in Royal blue) next year and then back to Royal blue for the main unis for the 50th anniversary

I think they goathead in a dark blue jersey, with silver an yellow trim would work...Of course that angry goathead better have red eyes ! lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->