Dreger: thinks the Leafs have called on Jack Johnson

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Read my original post, not the answer.

Then trading Bozak for JJ makes total sense, doesn’t it? If he can fill the 3C spot then let him do it. JJ would definitely make your D better

7 points in 49 games and an all situations CorsiF% of 41.6 LMAO "makes our D better"

Even Polak hasn't been that bad

sda

Feb 18, 2008
Of course not. Carrick would be a throw-in for cap/contract purpose.

Dermott certainly has the potential to be better (soon) but to call him a better hockey player than JJ right now is laughable at best. He’s played what? 7 games?

Let’s take age/cap/contract aside. If you had to build a team to win one game today and you had to pick between JJ and Dermott, who would you pick?
Easily Dermott. Never liked Johnson

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Read my original post, not the answer.

Then trading Bozak for JJ makes total sense, doesn’t it? If he can fill the 3C spot then let him do it. JJ would definitely make your D better

I read the original post, Dermott over JJ is an easy decision.

Who are you talking about here?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
7 points in 49 games and an all situations CorsiF% of 41.6 LMAO "makes our D better"

Even Polak hasn't been that bad

According to the same stats you just posted, Jeff Petry have been a top 25 D in this league for the past three years. I like Petry, but he's a #3 at best. Sorry to disappoint you but statistic doesn't always tell the whole story.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
According to the same stats you just posted, Jeff Petry have been a top 25 D in this league for the past three years. I like Petry, but he's a #3 at best. Sorry to disappoint you but statistic doesn't always tell the whole story.
It can tell us when someone sucks, and JJ is quite bad this year

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Dermott certainly has the potential to be better (soon) but to call him a better hockey player than JJ right now is laughable at best. He’s played what? 7 games?

Let’s take age/cap/contract aside. If you had to build a team to win one game today and you had to pick between JJ and Dermott, who would you pick?

I read the original post, Dermott over JJ is an easy decision.

Who are you talking about here?

That is the original post. He then went on to say that he would've picked JJ over Dermott if he ha to pick between the two for a single game, today.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It can tell us when someone sucks, and JJ is quite bad this year

Doesn't mean he can't turn it around somewhere else. I remember Getzlaf two years ago (or maybe 3?), he had such a bad start, something like 10 pts in 30ish games. Everyone said he was washed up and turned it around in the second half.

At this point, it's not like you guys would take a big risk, he would cost a guy who will walk away in July, so no real assets to move.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
its for less than half a year and he won't be re-signed. since management think we're good enough to compete they should acquire him for a reasonable price.
The main sticking point. Reasonable offer from the Leafs would be a package for a 3rd pairing defender while I'm sure Columbus would want more than that

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I just don't think this helps us all that much. I don't see him being a noticeable improvement on Carrick/Borgman.

When healthy:

Reilly - Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Carrick/Borgman/trade/Polak.

In some combination^

I would want to push those 2 out of the top 6 by either acquiring a #4/5 or someone to push Hainsey off the 1st pairing. Otherwise, we're shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That is the original post. He then went on to say that he would've picked JJ over Dermott if he ha to pick between the two for a single game, today.
Again...i read it. In a 1 game be all end all, i choose Dermott over JJ. Which he also chose to....to which you called him delusional. To which i ask....what about JJ right now makes him superior in your opinion?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Doesn't mean he can't turn it around somewhere else. I remember Getzlaf two years ago (or maybe 3?), he had such a bad start, something like 10 pts in 30ish games. Everyone said he was washed up and turned it around in the second half.

At this point, it's not like you guys would take a big risk, he would cost a guy who will walk away in July, so no real assets to move.
Getzlaf is extremely talented. JJ isn't that good

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
f074a8f781dd5fc7949cdeae0a1df491-full.jpg

Reactions: Baksfamous112

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If the Leafs were to add Johnson I think the reason would be because he really steps up his game in the playoffs.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
JJ last year is more of what he is as a whole. His numbers are part of Columbus having so many injuries for a big chunk that look at any player on the team and their numbers are down from last year except Anderson and Jones and Anderson is tailing off recently. It also is part of him and the CBJ not having the same opinion on a contract and Torts hated how Savard and JJ played so much he refused to play them together and since we only have 2 legit RHD JJ got screwed with the 3rd pair and playing with the lesser D like Harrington.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't want him or even putting up an offer I just had to clear up issues because people saying he would be the 6th best D on the team when he's higher then that on a far superior defensive unit in Columbus is kinda crazy.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT

What's the sense in this hypothetical, you don't build a team to win one game. Leafs are trying to build a winning team that contends annually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad