Dreger: thinks the Leafs have called on Jack Johnson

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So Yesterday during one of the segments that Dreger appears on, on TSN 1050, he mentioned that t he believes that the Leafs have called Columbus about Jack Johnson.

There was no mention of what the asking piece was just that be believes a call has been made.

It is no secrete Toronto needs a D man and we know Johnson wants out.

So what that in mind what do you think a deal might look like if it gets done?

I have to think Connor Carrick would be a part of it, he would be pointless if Johnson were brought in, e is borderline pointless now.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
hopefully we don't trade bozak for jj. our d looks fine right now and we wouldn't want to create a hole at C

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Hope we don’t go for JJ. He’ll be a pure rental as he’ll be looking for a big payday after this season. And he won’t deserve what he gets.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
hopefully we don't trade bozak for jj. our d looks fine right now and we wouldn't want to create a hole at C

I don't want to trade Bozak for Johnson either, because like you I do not want a hole at C.

That said the D does not look "fine" on any given night Cannor Carrick is in our top 4 and that is not OK, nothing about that is OK

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I have to think Connor Carrick would be a part of it. Carrick would be pointless if Johnson were brought in. Carrick is borderline pointless now.

Agreed if that (^^^) is what you said. That suggests that it will take more than Carrick, no?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That doesn't make what I said any less accurate, currently Carrick is ibn the top 4 and that is not OK

the fact that 2 of the top 3 are injured actually makes it significantly less OK
It's completely asinine to judge our defense and make a panic move because two of our best guys are out at the moment

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Once Rielly and Zaitsev are back, this shouldn't be a problem.

But the issue there is as of now we don't know when that will be, and to be quite honest I don't want Connor Carrick in the top 6 period.

He's a VERY weak link that needs to go

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don't want to trade Bozak for Johnson either, because like you I do not want a hole at C.

That said the D does not look "fine" on any given night Cannor Carrick is in our top 4 and that is not OK, nothing about that is OK
right now we don't have zaitsev and reilly on d. when we get them back and if dermott stays up, our d will look decent. however that has yet to happen so i'm curious to see what it will look like

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's completely asinine to judge our defense and make a panic move because two of our best guys are our at the moment

Look you post in the Leaf forum right? so you know what my opinion on Carrick is no matter where he plays.

I don't want him in our top , I don't want him in our top 6, If you have Connor Carrick on your team you have a problem.

A problem that granted is made worse if he is in your top 4, but a problem that doesn't go away if he is in your top 6 either.

Connor Carrick is like a non fatal medical condition that you can cure.

Sure you can live with it, it won't kill you but why not cure it and make it go away if you can?

Reactions: iSophagus

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There's no point giving up an asset to improve our #6/7 d in a very minor way just because we have injuries and you don't like Carrick

Jack Johnson would be a significant upgrade on Carrick, the only reason he doesn't get killed like he should is because on most nights Andersen is damn near elite and he saves Carrick's ass game after game after game after game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad