Dreger: Things heating up with jack eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You are comparing Backlund's on ice value to Eichel's?
No, I'm saying that being the best player on the ice for a game isn't a good indicator of what a player is.

I'm also saying players like Backlund and ROR ect tend to get underrated while players like Eichel tend to get overrated.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Dude you ask the question every single time .

Same answer coaching changes, gms , not winning, medical staff of Buffalo, rebuilding , and owner

Short answer he wants a cup and be the best player

He wants a cup. But you have him for 5 more years. Build a cup team around him. Trade those lottery tickets. After all, 24 year old franchise Cs are the hardest things to get.

Why do you refuse to deal your lottery tickets for Jack Eichel?

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Sure, I've seen Backlund be the best player on the ice in some Flames/Oilers games. Doesn't mean he should be valued as a number 1 center.

Eichel isn't the franchise player he's made out to be. He's a very average #1 center.

Clearly doesn't watch hockey.

Oh well have fun fishing for more responses

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
He wants a cup. But you have him for 5 more years. Build a cup team around him. Trade those lottery tickets. After all, 24 year old franchise Cs are the hardest things to get.

Are you serious? Every buffalo fan would do this we want jack eichel but after 6 years of nothing he wants to go elsewhere to save his career and win

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Clearly doesn't watch hockey.

Oh well have fun fishing for more responses
Tired response. Waste of time posting with people who respond this way. Eichel is overrated. The results speak for themselves. Everyone who posts here has seen him play. Only Sabres fans have an agenda here.

10 million. Neck injury. One 30 goal season. Poor faceoff man. 90 foot player. Never made the playoffs. Now you give me a reason why he is the top 5 player you seem to think he is?

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What is cozens then ?
I’d have cozens in my top 10 forward prospects … i like cozens a lot personally I was hoping Anaheim got him(but I assumed zegras was gone by then)

I think zegras is flashier/higher skill ceiling, but I think cozens is the type of player you want in those tough playoff games…. Mike Richards type

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

You're right of course. It doesn't make much sense posting with Flash. He's not quite sure why Jack is worth so much but will tell you that you don't watch hockey and are just baiting when you give him actual fact based reasons for not wanting to sell your system for Jack.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I think it is safe to say that the universe of teams willing to pull the trigger on an Eichel trade are limited to those whose doctors think that rest and rehab will have him healthy by opening day. Probably a pretty small universe.

Fair, but Eichel himself said he wants the surgury, so what now? I would think there are 0 teams interested in sending assets and the day after send Eichel under the knife. The GM should be fired if he does that trade.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Tired response. Waste of time posting with people who respond this way. Eichel is overrated. The results speak for themselves. Everyone who posts here has seen him play. Only Sabres fans have an agenda here.

10 million. Neck injury. One 30 goal season. Poor faceoff man. 90 foot player. Never made the playoffs. Now you give me a reason why he is the top 5 player you seem to think he is?

To say he's a bad D player is laughable this just proves you don't watch him at all lol. ( waits for him to post stats" lmao

Poor faceoff man
Guy your a jets fan and Scheifele sucks at faceoffs

Malkin , mcDavid, mackinnon

Not elite!!!!!!

Take your clown shoes and go on your way

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So why is this one?

Maybe because this one has indicated frustration over the last few seasons,with the organization's lack of on ice success. He has been in the NHL 6 yrs and the Sabres have never made the playoffs. There were rumors before this injury that Eichel wanted a change.

Maybe the front office thinks the disagreement over treating the injury is the last straw and both sides need a fresh start.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Fair, but Eichel himself said he wants the surgury, so what now? I would think there are 0 teams interested in sending assets and the day after send Eichel under the knife. The GM should be fired if he does that trade.

And yet, the press continues to report that Minn,Columbus, LA, Anaheim,NYR want him.
I might be missing some bidders.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Agreed. That was my point. No team is going to trade for him if they believe surgery is the only remedy for his neck. And I doubt there are many teams who believe that just rest and rehab will cure him.

Reactions: kinghock

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Maybe because this one has indicated frustration over the last few seasons,with the organization's lack of on ice success. He has been in the NHL 6 yrs and the Sabres have never made the playoffs. There were rumors before this injury that Eichel wanted a change.

Maybe the front office thinks the disagreement over treating the injury is the last straw and both sides need a fresh start.
Yes.. which is why the "We'll just keep him for 5 years" stance is a little bit of a front.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He is one of those players you want on your roster come playoff time… idk why but I always get like a mike Richards feel from him
I think he's got more offense to his game than Richards. I'd rather have Cozens than Eichel.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
To say he's a bad D player is laughable this just proves you don't watch him at all lol. ( waits for him to post stats" lmao

Poor faceoff man
Guy your a jets fan and Scheifele sucks at faceoffs

Malkin , mcDavid, mackinnon

Not elite!!!!!!

Take your clown shoes and go on your way
Eichel himself has said he needs to work on his 200 foot game. I guess he's wrong, stats are wrong, his coaches have been wrong and Flash is right.

All of the players you listed aren't flawless players. All of them have done way more than Eichel on the other side of the puck. Only Malkin has won anything because he does play with a well rounded actual elite center. Comparing McDavid to Eichel is silly. McDavid doubles his production and the Oilers still won't win until he learns to play 200 foot hockey. Teams that win cups have a center who does everything. Not a 1 dimensional 10M center.

I'm a Flames fan BTW. The Jets thing was a joke based around when we drafted Jankowski instead of Teravainen.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I think he's got more offense to his game than Richards. I'd rather have Cozens than Eichel.

tenor.gif

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Eichel himself has said he needs to work on his 200 foot game. I guess he's wrong, stats are wrong, his coaches have been wrong and Flash is right.

All of the players you listed aren't flawless players. All of them have done way more than Eichel on the other side of the puck. Only Malkin has won anything because he does play with a well rounded actual elite center. Comparing McDavid to Eichel is silly. McDavid doubles his production and the Oilers still won't win until he learns to play 200 foot hockey. Teams that win cups have a center who does everything. Not a 1 dimensional 10M center.

I'm a Flames fan BTW. The Jets thing was a joke based around when we drafted Jankowski instead of Teravainen.
Name me an NHL player who when asked about their 200 foot game says "It's fine and I have nothing to improve". It's takes like this that make me laugh my ass off when fans from Canada and the Northern US mock Southern fans as clueless and undeserving of their teams.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo

Your own player that you support also thinks you need clown shoes.

Mark Scheifele

the most valuable player to his team? Jack Eichel.”
Scheifele, said he’s been watching a lot of Sabres games this year so he can see what Eichel does next.

“Every time he steps out there he seems like he’s just got another gear over everyone else,” he wrote. “To do that night in and night out? That’s impressive.”

giphy.webp

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You dont do that by selling your said player for peanuts either. Sitting in the stands hurts Eichel too, not just the Sabres.

Not really. Sitting in the stands might hurt Eichel's reputation, but not him. It might actually help him to rest his body even more. Sabres will be hurt most by sitting him out, as his trade value will go down even more. They might think that some team will all of a sudden spring up and decide to offer more than anyone else, but odds are the opposite. The longer this goes on, especially with the recuperation from injury extending into next season, the less Eichel will be worth. It's not desireable to trade for a player who can't play for you. Teams will also want a new player to have a training camp with the team so they build chemistry, practice plays, and develop lines.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

I would. Except the only players available aren’t gonna stay in Buffalo, or they’re not that good.

The only 2C available is Strome. And he’s apparently equal to Eichel. Krejci won’t make it to free agency. Kuznetsov is too much of a cokehead (who is fantastic when he’s on, but he’s not on enough).

We need better Dmen that aren’t total train wrecks in the defensive zone. None are available.

We need two actual goalies that can either: stay healthy or can see.

To even begin with fixing we need to trade 1st from 2021-2024, plus Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Johnson, and our 2nd this year.

Nobody is giving up proven good players for those

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yes.. which is why the "We'll just keep him for 5 years" stance is a little bit of a front.
I don't think they will keep him for 5-6 yrs. I think having his rights for the next 6 yrs give Buffalo a lot of leeway. They aren't forced to rush into accepting a trade because of looming free agency.

Their front office and fans should not care if the situation drags out. They should care that they get a great return for their 24 yr old franchise center.

Little issues like Eichel potentially pouting, the media reporting on the messy parting....who cares if Buffalo can get a great return in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad