Dreger: Things heating up with jack eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
E5alkkWXEAA9KYj

It's good to see jack walking you think he's about to retire with how people talk here
Walking a toy dog and getting pasted into the boards by a gorilla going 20+mph is quite a different thing entirely. In my mind he must be in some severe discomfort to even want this surgery when there’s more then 1 Doc recommending against it

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You people make me laugh. Offer your TRASH for a franchise player because he has a "neck injury" yet you still want him. Your offer is garbage. Laf+++
A lot of users offered actual players, or top prospects, Buffalo fans just expect a Eichel tier, or close to that tier of a player coming back. Why would teams do that? Eichel is leaving Buffalo, healthy or not.

Reactions: Kibe

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Colorado could put together an interesting package around Newhook and Kadri plus. Not a big fan of Kadri but it would be awesome seeing play the Leafs 5/6 times a season.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
How many teams said Snow's asking price for Hamonic was too high and they were out?
How many teams scoffed at Sakic's ask for Duchene?

All it takes is one GM, afraid another team is landing him. Or maybe it will be the GM of a team that stumbles out the gate and is under pressure.

So you've went from "teams are rushing to get this guy" to "of course not every team can fit him in" to "well all it takes is one team" in the span of three posts. Brilliant lol

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
A lot of users offered actual players, or top prospects, Buffalo fans just expect a Eichel tier, or close to that tier of a player coming back. Why would teams do that? Eichel is leaving Buffalo, healthy or not.
The rangers said to to including LaF when Eichel was healthy last year. I’m sure that his misery has now gone public, (like many of us last offseason said it would and were called crazy by Sabres fans) the rangers are sure to include LaF now with experimental neck surgery on the horizon. Gimme a break.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Colorado could put together an interesting package around Newhook and Kadri plus. Not a big fan of Kadri but it would be awesome seeing play the Leafs 5/6 times a season.

Colorado has to lock up their starting and Vezina nominated goaltender, their 1st line LW captain and their #1 Norris nominated defenseman, colour me skeptical they're gonna trade for a $10 million second line center.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The rangers said to to including LaF when Eichel was healthy last year. I’m sure that his misery has now gone public, (like many of us last offseason said it would and were called crazy by Sabres fans) the rangers are sure to include LaF now with experimental neck surgery on the horizon. Gimme a break.
Yeah, there's no way Laf is included. Never mind the plus attached to it. Laf could bust hard, he's still not being traded right now for Eichel. It's just not happening and no team does that.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Colorado has to lock up their starting and Vezina nominated goaltender, their 1st line LW captain and their #1 Norris nominated defenseman, colour me skeptical they're gonna trade for a $10 million second line center.
Tampa proves it every year that you can make it work if you want it. They will be rewarded with back to back Cups while riding the salary cap line. Taking Kadri back is half of Eichel’s salary.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hasn’t it been said that most of those teams won’t pay the cost Buffalo is asking.

Which I assume means no zegras, no Rossi, no byfield and no laf ?

5-6 teams making offers for the $10m player puts to rest the argument, that teams are scared off because of the injury. GMs are not gonna tie up $10m of $81m in a player they think won't recover.

And didn't the first Hamonic and Duchene trades teach fans, how meaningless all that GM posturing is?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
First off, no they do not lol. Neither has said LA or the Rangers are actually in, I don't believe, and Friedman amplified the report that LA wasn't in. They've mostly talked about Anaheim, Columbus and somewhat less so Minnesota and we've seen two of those teams' beat writers pretty heavily downplay the interest. Call it posturing if you want, but it's probably the much simpler answer.

Posturing is more likely, then
GMs who contacted Buffalo now deciding that they don't really want or need a 24 yr old franchise center.

Teams contacted Buffalo knowing he was injured and would take up a big chunk of a limited cap.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
5-6 teams making offers for the $10m player puts to rest the argument, that teams are scared off because of the injury. GMs are not gonna tie up $10m of $81m in a player they think won't recover.

And didn't the first Hamonic and Duchene trades teach fans, how meaningless all that GM posturing is?
Offers may have been made, but we don’t know what they were. I just don’t see a team giving up a fair trade for Jack until he proves he can still play great.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So you've went from "teams are rushing to get this guy" to "of course not every team can fit him in" to "well all it takes is one team" in the span of three posts. Brilliant lol

There are 5, maybe 6 teans that can afford his cap hit. Those teams badly want him.

Are there many more teams held back from bidding by their team cap issues. Either they don't have cap space or have an internal budget that doesn't allow them to add such a big salary.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tampa proves it every year that you can make it work if you want it. They will be rewarded with back to back Cups while riding the salary cap line. Taking Kadri back is half of Eichel’s salary.

I don't think cap circumvention is a reliable strategy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Posturing is more likely, then
GMs who contacted Buffalo now deciding that they don't really want or need a 24 yr old franchise center.

Teams contacted Buffalo knowing he was injured and would take up a big chunk of a limited cap.
I think there is a pretty large grey area in between

Want/ need and cost / risk

prob where most teams are sitting, I also feel like the only teams that need eichel, in terms of playoff race is San Jose, minnasota and rangers

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
There are 5, maybe 6 teans that can afford his cap hit. Those teams badly want him.

Are there many more teams held back from bidding by their team cap issues. Either they don't have cap space or have an internal budget that doesn't allow them to add such a big salary.

LOL now you're just making things up. The logic is terrible, too. You can't possibly fathom these teams not actually being red hot for Eichel, despite there being a very good reason not to be, yet other teams wouldn't move mountains to find a way and make it work? And that's just the beginning, sheesh.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think there is a pretty large grey area in between

Want/ need and cost / risk

prob where most teams are sitting, I also feel like the only teams that need eichel, in terms of playoff race is San Jose, minnasota and rangers
Think Columbus with no 1C and no elite center prospects, doesn't need Eichel?

Reactions: Team Cozens

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Think Columbus with no 1C and no elite center prospects, doesn't need Eichel?
Columbus has been trying to get that center but the issue lies in their market. Nobody wants to play in columbus. Its a borderline boring place. I get that jackets fans are loud and bring good praise but, you're in a small city. The jackets in general also don't bode well when chasing for that center (Jeff Carter ring a bell?). To me, the jackets are better getting that center by drafting, If they get eichel (which they wont, offer was shot down), then it would be massive, but eichel could just as easily say no.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
LOL now you're just making things up. The logic is terrible, too. You can't possibly fathom these teams not actually being red hot for Eichel, despite there being a very good reason not to be, yet other teams wouldn't move mountains to find a way and make it work? And that's just the beginning, sheesh.

No need to make things up. I am having too much fun, watching fans of teams who have been rebuffed by the Sabres, twist themselves into knots trying to explain why the Sabres HAVE to trade a player with 6 yrs on his deal asap.

Isles have $5m+ in cap space. Putting Boychuk on LTIR will give them another $6m.
they need to give raises to Sorokin,Pelech and Beau. They also have to pay Greene his $2m bonus.
Would be a cool trick if they could do all that, while adding a high end piece like Eichel during a flat cap era.sheesh.

The article below has some Friedman quotes about the teams who have shown interest .

NHL Rumors: Ducks and Blue Jackets closing in on Jack Eichel trade

Last edited:
Reactions: is the answer jesus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
No need to make things up. I am having too much fun, watching fans of teams who have been rebuffed by the Sabres, twist themselves into knots trying to explain why the Sabres HAVE to trade a player with 6 yrs on his deal asap.

Isles have $5m+ in cap space. Putting Boychuk on LTIR will give them another $6m.
they need to give raises to Sorokin,Pelech and Beau. They also have to pay Greene his $2m bonus.
Would be a cool trick if they could do all that, while adding a high end piece like Eichel during a flat cap era.sheesh.
Eichel to the isles would be like the lafontaine trade for turgeon. Is it worth the risk now?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Columbus has been trying to get that center but the issue lies in their market. Nobody wants to play in columbus. Its a borderline boring place. I get that jackets fans are loud and bring good praise but, you're in a small city. The jackets in general also don't bode well when chasing for that center (Jeff Carter ring a bell?). To me, the jackets are better getting that center by drafting, If they get eichel (which they wont, offer was shot down), then it would be massive, but eichel could just as easily say no.

Eichel's NMC doesn't kick in until after the 2021-2022 season. He doesn't have ntc.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Sure, I've seen Backlund be the best player on the ice in some Flames/Oilers games. Doesn't mean he should be valued as a number 1 center.

Eichel isn't the franchise player he's made out to be. He's a very average #1 center.
This just isn’t true at all

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Eichel's NMC doesn't kick in until after the 2021-2022 season. He doesn't have ntc.
Again, would he want to go there? thats the real kicker. Columbus is really in a fickle place in general. Hell, i'd argue they could be a team that moves simply because of their lack of success and even stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad