Dreger: Things heating up with jack eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
The Rangers may want to pull the trigger but it doesn't mean that the Sabres will. The Rangers are out because the Sabres will say they're out. lol
The Sabres started to realize teams like Anaheim, Chicago, LA, are all not wanting to move the pieces everybody here thinks they'd give up so easily. Zegras/Drysdale/Byfield/Turcotte/Dach/Boqvist absolutely none of these guys are being involved in trade discussions. Unfortunately the people on this site would never want to believe this, because the ladder I guess is more boring. Guess what, that's life. Kevyn Adams has circled back to teams like NYR because they're offering the best quantitative return out of any other team. Minnesota is also involved heavily now but the problem is it would be a gutting of their roster, and for the Wild there are much cheaper options to please a guy like Kirill (Kuznetsov). At the end of the day the Rangers and Sabres were destined a bit for this. Gorton nearly got it done last year but Buffalo and company had way more hope a year ago, as did Jack himelf. Over the past 2 days it's been made clear that NYR is talking more heavily to BUF about Eichel's surgery plans and injury complications. The Rangers are investing now with the asset capital they've acquired over the past few years and things have always been leading to this summer of spending.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
This is Dreger saying "Haven't seen any Eichel news reported lately... hmm let me see.... things are heating up with Eichel but these teams aren't as deep in talks as speculated..... yeah that should get some clicks"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Sabres started to realize teams like Anaheim, Chicago, LA, are all not wanting to move the pieces everybody here thinks they'd give up so easily. Zegras/Drysdale/Byfield/Turcotte/Dach/Boqvist absolutely none of these guys are being involved in trade discussions. Unfortunately the people on this site would never want to believe this, because the ladder I guess is more boring. Guess what, that's life. Kevyn Adams has circled back to teams like NYR because they're offering the best quantitative return out of any other team. Minnesota is also involved heavily now but the problem is it would be a gutting of their roster, and for the Wild there are much cheaper options to please a guy like Kirill (Kuznetsov). At the end of the day the Rangers and Sabres were destined a bit for this. Gorton nearly got it done last year but Buffalo and company had way more hope a year ago, as did Jack himelf. Over the past 2 days it's been made clear that NYR is talking more heavily to BUF about Eichel's surgery plans and injury complications. The Rangers are investing now with the asset capital they've acquired over the past few years and things have always been leading to this summer of spending.

I agree that those pieces aren't going to be involved but that doesn't mean that the solution is going to be to take a similar lesser offer from the Rangers. It's going to be to take a lesser offer from a Western Conference team. Plenty of Western teams will have a similar lesser offer to the Rangers and the Sabres will take that over them.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
With a flat cap, an uncertain recovery and a disgruntled player, I'm thinking that Eichel is going to get back more in line with what Boston got back for Thornton/Seguin.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
I agree that those pieces aren't going to be involved but that doesn't mean that the solution is going to be to take a similar lesser offer from the Rangers. It's going to be to take a lesser offer from a Western Conference team. Plenty of Western teams will have a similar lesser offer to the Rangers and the Sabres will take that over them.

You seem to know this for certain. Do you have the lottery numbers this evening?

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
So let's just say there's a very good chance that Eichel is getting traded?

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
iu

Kevyn Adams

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
It won't be a "lesser offer" from the Rangers......that's the thing.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It won't be a "lesser offer" from the Rangers......that's the thing.

Yeah, it will. Whatever offer the Rangers have which will also include certain players off the table, can be matched more or less, by at least half the Western Conference teams.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Yeah, it will. Whatever offer the Rangers have which will also include certain players off the table, can be matched more or less, by at least half the Western Conference teams.

Again, it will. For certain. Absolutely! 100 percent!

So many people here will be shell shocked if an Eichel deal doesn't include the best prospects in the world, the birth right to the acquiring GM's first born son, and the mortgage to their home.

Just because it can be matched, doesn't mean it will.

Reactions: AirGut

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I think you seem to believe that nearly every team within the west and the league is talking to BUF about Eichel. You couldn't be more wrong. And you also seem to forget that the Rangers pushed themselves up to be one of the deepest teams organizationally. They have pieces that fit the need for BUF in every category and they'll use that advantage over other teams to acquire a star. Not every team can gut themselves or will even want to at all for Jack simply because it's Jack.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Again, it will. For certain. Absolutely! 100 percent!

So many people here will be shell shocked if an Eichel deal doesn't include the best prospects in the world, the birth right to the acquiring GM's first born son, and the mortgage to their home.

Just because it can be matched, doesn't mean it will.

I'm expecting the return to not include the best prospects on most of these teams...but that also includes the Rangers...and once you take a couple of those prospects off the table, the Rangers don't have an offer that is going to be materially different than what other teams probably will offer. So what exactly is going to stand out for the Rangers that's going to make Buffalo override their very likely desire to send Eichel west? You're not going to have a good answer for that no matter what you say here lol

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm in favor of Dubas offering Reilly, Robertson, 2 #'1 and a cap dump for Eichel!

Wouldn't it be great to see THREE #1 centers and FOUR $10 million+ contracts to see if that gets them over the top in the first round? The defense would be fine because the 3 #1's would spend all shift stickhandling to get into position to take a shot, hence time of possession would mean rarely playing in your own end.

Marner and Nylander would double shift so each center gets their time with him!

Of course I'm kidding but the postulations would be awesome, as would the next Dangle podcast after it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad