Dreger: Things heating up with jack eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If the Ducks aren't in on Eichel anymore, I really don't see who has a high pick and the prospects that Buffalo would want for Eichel.

I think Buffalo may have to settle on a return that is far below what they want for him.
The Rangers may not have a high pick, but they have plenty they can offer Buffalo to make a fair trade.

If Buffalo is obsessed with a high pick in this crappy draft, then they’re already screwed.

Reactions: BFLO and AirGut

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Vegas is a Jack Eichel away from ending their lengthy cup drought :sarcasm:

They should be trading MAF in a cap clearing move and then offer

Glass
Krebs
2022 1st
2023 1st

For Eichel

Reactions: BCNate

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t think any of the rebuilding teams speculated to be in on him stay in for long, doesn’t make sense to give up a strong young prospect+++.

I’d also hope Minnesota is out unless Buffalo gets pinned into a corner down the line and accepts a shit deal. Dumba + Khusnutdinov + Beckman + 1st type deal. I think I’m officially out of Rossi/Boldy are involved, and I’d hope they do better elsewhere

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If the Ducks aren't in on Eichel anymore, I really don't see who has a high pick and the prospects that Buffalo would want for Eichel.

I think Buffalo may have to settle on a return that is far below what they want for him.

You might be right but they can't afford to do that

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
That's right, Anaheim. Clear the way for the Sharks to do their thing with trading for potentially badly injured elite talent that make a lot of money but may not live up to lofty expectations. The Eichel rumor timeline has been pretty interesting to see unfold. Lots of talk about New York and Los Angeles and then they fall off. Now Anaheim, Minnesota, and Chicago have been discussed where Anaheim's interest seems to be waning. Minnesota and Chicago don't seem to have both criteria available but have interesting pieces that make sense. San Jose is not being discussed at all yet everyone knows on one level or another that DW is kicking tires. I'm sure Vegas will dip their toes in this. Columbus already bowed out. Vancouver makes some sense as well but would they pay that sort of price? Doesn't sound like it given a lack of discussion around their interest.

Hope to see a relatively quick conclusion to this after the Finals are over. Eichel going anywhere is going to be a big deal to talk about.
NYR is not out whatsoever. They never were, this is something the Rangers have been doing for years. They're heavily involved at first and then it is rumored they're "Out", only to be back in and get who they want. The Rangers started this Eichel craze almost a year ago back in August. They're still gonna pull the trigger

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The nypost is saying Buffalo wants 4 pieces with value of a first round pick.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Tuch
Glass
Krebs
Theodore
1st

For

Eichel

giphy.webp

You just won jack eichel

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
NYR is not out whatsoever. They never were, this is something the Rangers have been doing for years. They're heavily involved at first and then it is rumored they're "Out", only to be back in and get who they want. The Rangers started this Eichel craze almost a year ago back in August. They're still gonna pull the trigger

The Rangers may want to pull the trigger but it doesn't mean that the Sabres will. The Rangers are out because the Sabres will say they're out. lol

Reactions: Voight

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Is 8th overall, Turcotte, Madden and Clague enough?

I don't know prospects around here like others. So Idk a lick about Clague. he good?

I think this is a decent offer, No???

Side Note: How fast can we get to 100 pages in this one?!

I really wonder what the betting odds look like on Eichel by Fall:

+300 Sabres
+300 Kings
+350 Anaheim
+350 Vegas
+350 Rangers
+400 Columbus
+400 Chicago
+400 Minny
+400 The Field

Note: Idk how to make ideal odds and gave this 30 seconds of thought.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I'm a disillusioned Sabres fan who lived in Seattle for years and loved the city (Although I am a more of an Everett guy).

Given: the offer sheet for Eichel is four 1st round picks.

Question: Does Seattle find value in doing the "Vegas model" where the want to compete now and pay for him or want to play it slow? If they want to compete now would something like Eich + Skinner/Okposto (who have different values) entice them to give Buffalo something like this years 2OA, first choice in the expansion draft and all their "dont take this guy" extra picks going forward? Does Buffalo want to be the equivalent to an expansion team where the start all over?

If you are Buffalo would you do this? If you are Seattle would you? I'm dont know and I'm not advocating a position, it's a legit question about team building, philosophy and composition..

Reactions: Jarvisx2000
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad