Post-Game Talk: Thicc Nick leads Habs to 5-3 win over Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Missed the first period..............turned it on and we were down 2-0 and almost turned it off.............within 20 seconds of turning it on, Suzuki made it 2-1 and I kept watching....glad I did, nice to see them come back from 2 goals down.
Suzuki and Romanov both played great games...
Took a couple of minutes, but then realized Big Shea was absent.....what was the chatter there guys? LBI??

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
So we’re making the playoffs......?

Probably... even if we get only 4 points out of a possible 14 to end the season, Vancouver and or Calgary need to go on crazy runs. However, we can take solace in the fact BOTH can’t go on an .800 run because they play each other to end the season. Vancouver I wouldn’t write off just yet as the, going 8-4 is possible but not probable.

I am optimistic, but I haven’t stocked up on playoff food yet...

Reactions: Runner77

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
One more point than our very own bust 3rd overall center
The dubois talk always makes me laugh. I suppose it comes from the play ins vs toronto and not actually watching him play. Good player don't get me wrong. But yeah people are acting like KK is a shitter and Dubois is a French Canadian god 1st line C. Yeah dubois smacked around Toronto but our KK and Suzy did the same to Pittsburg :naughty:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The dubois talk always makes me laugh. I suppose it comes from the play ins vs toronto and not actually watching him play. Good player don't get me wrong. But yeah people are acting like KK is a shitter and Dubois is a French Canadian god 1st line C. Yeah dubois smacked around Toronto but our KK and Suzy did the same to Pittsburg :naughty:

Yea that's because Dubois checks out all the boxes: Big, French, Talented, Center. But everytime the Habs plays the Jets, he is invinsible. That guy is like a cypher to me. There is something missing.

Edit: If I was a coach, I would want him to be much more physical to really make his presence felt.

I remember when Stevie Y early on, he was skilled but sort of one dimensional. Scotty Bowman came there and asked him to change his game and he became a complete player. He decided to go in the dirty areas more. There is nothing wrong to ask players to do more. To influence their game so they get a better development to transform them in better players. I wish there was someone outthere like that for him.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Missed the first period..............turned it on and we were down 2-0 and almost turned it off.............within 20 seconds of turning it on, Suzuki made it 2-1 and I kept watching....glad I did, nice to see them come back from 2 goals down.
Suzuki and Romanov both played great games...
Took a couple of minutes, but then realized Big Shea was absent.....what was the chatter there guys? LBI??

Upper body. Apparently, got hurt in the first Edmonton game on our recent road trip.

Reactions: BLONG7

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yea that's because Dubois checks out all the boxes: Big, French, Talented, Center. But everytime the Habs plays the Jets, he is invinsible. That guy is like a cypher to me. There is something missing.

Edit: If I was a coach, I would want him to be much more physical to really make his presence felt.

I remember when Stevie Y early on, he was skilled but sort of one dimensional. Scotty Bowman came there and asked him to change his game and he became a complete player. He decided to go in the dirty areas more. There is nothing wrong to ask players to do more. To influence their game so they get a better development to transform them in better players. I wish there was someone outthere like that for him.

Hes always been a floater, in junior he was exactly like that too. Hes a steady player that can be a 3rd wheel on a first line.

I just love the irony of all the people claiming KKs a bust and that they should have traded him for Dubois

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Good solid win! Was one of the few that liked the lines but was curious how it would unfold,alright in the end:thumbu: Even Perry,Staal and Frolik looked good,had some fine moments. Freak looking like Tatar a bit.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Chiarot
Kulak Merrill

Tonight on defense. Hope Armia like Ducharme saying it wasn't serious as they thought would be good. I'd keep the same lineup but with Kulak in for Gustafsson.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Yeah, I’d have lots of positives to say if I haven’t spent the last 4 years watching garbage hockey. Don’t call me out for being negative when the product on the ice has been absolute trash for as long as it has. They limped their way to a win tonight like they’re limping their way to a playoff spot. I’m not going to talk them up like this was some great performance because it wasn’t. Keep waving your pom poms. 24 posts made since 2015. Use your real account to bravely make the post you did apologist.

Im with you that everything is far for great in Habs world, but when you put everything in perspective, last night's performance was great. 8games in 13 nights without Price, Gally, Weber,Tatar,Drouin and Byron, trailing 3-1 even though they were dominating the game. They could have just folded but they came back with 3 unanswered goal!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Chiarot
Kulak Merrill

Tonight on defense. Hope Armia like Ducharme saying it wasn't serious as they thought would be good. I'd keep the same lineup but with Kulak in for Gustafsson.

...the Gustafsson experiment should be over; there's no reason Kulak shouldn't take his spot back as he's miles better than Gus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad