Post-Game Talk: Thicc Nick leads Habs to 5-3 win over Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
This is my real account, i dont post very often for one except when im tired of reading negative comments that have nothing to do with the game in a post game thread . For the record, the Habs were the better team tonight so your even a hypocrite and dont acknowledge when they played well. You want to complain about the habs when they lose? go for it. Tonight they played hard and dominate in most facets of the game. You just want to push your own agenda on others about MB... thats it, thats all.
Dominate? I am happy they won, but they weren't dominant at all. They got a few bounces, but were behind for most of the game.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Wait, don't tell me. You're one of those Millenials who cut their cable and aren't watching sitcoms from L.A. anymore.

I'm not a millenial and I've quit on cable almost 10 years ago.

It's not a millenial 'thing', it's a smart people 'thing'.

10 years free of ads and I get to see all the sitcoms, but you can stay with your cable and waste your money and your time on ads and make all the petty judgements you want, in the end you only do that to compensate for your ignorance about choices you don't seem to understand.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Regarding the Weber news, to me this again raises questions on the Habs judgement on injuries. I get that Weber will always downplay an injury to play but this is twice now that we are aware that he has played with an injury (the other case I'm thinking was in 2017 when he played with an injured foot). While I admire the spirit, it was clear Weber wasn't playing well and needed rest. The smart thing to do was to rest him earlier so he'd be fresh for the playoffs. Not to jam him into every game because he's the captain and is Shea Weber.

You need to maximize your players and playing them while injured and in a condensed schedule is just asking for trouble.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

10 years free of ads and I get to see all the sitcoms, but you can stay with your cable and waste your money and your time on ads and make all the petty judgements you want, in the end you only do that to compensate for your ignorance about choices you don't seem to understand.
Damn you didnt have to chose violence this morning, ozy

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Exactly, thats the problem that some players on this team get their way and get it easy , oh drouin has talent, weber a good leader, oh danault has tough matchups, oh prices needs rest, oh prices has too much rests, while other players like lekh/evans bust their ass shift in shift out and get benched at first occasion.
To quote josh donaldson from MLB "this isn't the try league, this is the get it done league"

This is what the habs need, get it done of GTFO

I agree. It’s pretty evident with our record without Gallagher that this team lacks effort on a consistent basis. It’s like they need Gally to be out there being the buzzsaw that he is in order to get anything done.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I agree. It’s pretty evident with our record without Gallagher that this team lacks effort on a consistent basis. It’s like they need Gally to be out there being the buzzsaw that he is in order to get anything done.
With no fans in the stands, many players need an emotional spark and when you look at our captain, he shows no emotions, thus leaving gally, as the sparkplug

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They had to come back from a 3-1 deficit against a team that was playing like hot garbage. I guess that’s impressive by this teams standards. As for pushing the agenda on others about Marc Bergevin, this is a message board. I’ll give any opinion I want. I’m not forcing anyone to agree with it even tho I do think it’s nuts that people still defend him and the vast majority of people seem to have the same or similar opinion as I do.

There is no rule that prevents Hab employees and Bergevin siblings from posting here. :sarcasm:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
It was a MEH type game. Both teams were half asleep. Allen's play is concerning. I expect more from him. With Price all but washed up we need Allen to play much better than he's shown lately. Mind you most of the division has crap goalies.

This team is nothing without Toffoli and Anderson. Rock solid additions but they've become the team on offense. Nick looks like he's starting to pull his weight though. KK is struggling (I'm sure it's everyone else's fault though).

There were moment last night I can see some great potential in Cole. He's very quick and very smart. he'll figure things out. I always said it would be a slow progression for the kid. He's not very strong and he's not very fast. So it will take time.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Jeeze, man, big pharma should create a chill pill just for you.
Firstly, it was a joke and the poster I shared it with took it in good humour. Unlike some people we know *cough cough*.
Secondly, there really was no judgment on my part.
And are you ready for the thirdly? I haven't had cable for about the same time as you haven't.
Now roll all that up and stick it in your coffee. It may help you with your dour disposition.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Regarding the Weber news, to me this again raises questions on the Habs judgement on injuries. I get that Weber will always downplay an injury to play but this is twice now that we are aware that he has played with an injury (the other case I'm thinking was in 2017 when he played with an injured foot). While I admire the spirit, it was clear Weber wasn't playing well and needed rest. The smart thing to do was to rest him earlier so he'd be fresh for the playoffs. Not to jam him into every game because he's the captain and is Shea Weber.

You need to maximize your players and playing them while injured and in a condensed schedule is just asking for trouble.

Rushing young guys because they can contribute something to team need, like Mete, Chucky, and playing injured guys due to team need, pattern here.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This is my real account, i dont post very often for one except when im tired of reading negative comments that have nothing to do with the game in a post game thread . For the record, the Habs were the better team tonight so your even a hypocrite and dont acknowledge when they played well. You want to complain about the habs when they lose? go for it. Tonight they played hard and dominate in most facets of the game. You just want to push your own agenda on others about MB... thats it, thats all.
It’s systematic....if we win, it’s always because the other team played poorly or we had lucky bounces or we in the weakest division or the goalie was letting in softies or the other team had injuries, they were tired, they played on a back to back.....it literally never ends and it just dilutes the product here as there are also many good posters.

often we win and someone brings up the Drouin trade, or the Dwight King deadline acquisition.....:facepalm:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
It’s systematic....if we win, it’s always because the other team played poorly or we had lucky bounces or we in the weakest division or the goalie was letting in softies or the other team had injuries, they were tired, they played on a back to back.....it literally never ends and it just dilutes the product here as there are also many good posters.

often we win and someone brings up the Drouin trade, or the Dwight King deadline acquisition.....:facepalm:
Lol You guys get so wound up about a message board post. Good Lord what are you going to do if something really happens.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah I love defencemen that can’t skate or pass on any pairing.

How’s this: relative to his salary, he’s one of the worst defencemen in the league.
You need to consider his performance your evaluating is against top tier talent. If he's a 2nd pairing guy, he'd play versus lesser opponents, so he could have an easier time.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

MB has won a good number of trades, no question. That one is perhaps more of an open sore because since Markov, we have needed a high end skilled D like him on the top pairing. If MB had filled that gaping hole, then people probably wouldn't bring it up so much. But he hasn't, and Sergachev could have been that guy, except MB values those kind of players less that 6 foot 3 " solid " D in his own image.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Even Genesis sold England by the pound, not kilos.

OK, so it was “pound” as in currency but still.

2kr5s9.jpg

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think with the habs post covid schedule, there are more than few guys playing through injuries. In Weber's case, it's no surprise because he's been battling to stay healthy for years now, and so this setup makes him even more vulnerable.

I pointed out before the the covid restart that this ultra condensed schedule is the perfect recipe to introduce the injury bug, and we are seeing it out in full force right now.

Reactions: Kojo

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Reactions: Pacciosoftie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad