Post-Game Talk: Thicc Nick leads Habs to 5-3 win over Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Where did I imply everyone else is wrong? You’ve been white knighting Bergevin since 2017 when everyone was calling for a rebuild. We’d be 3 years into said rebuild if the ownership group wasn’t so comfortable appeasing the fans that will just sit there and cheer for anything like yourself. Blah blah blah. Hold the guys in charge accountable for the bad product they consistently feed you instead of coming up with excuses like you constantly do. It’s to bad Bergevin, the guy you’re doubling down on doesn’t follow your same philosophy with not firing everyone as he’s dumped just about his entire staff just this season.

It's been a rebuild. Everyone here wanted to keep Subban but is simultaneously calling for a rebuild. I hated the drouin trade because I was hoping it would be galchenyuk for him.

People here have not called for a rebuild, they've just called for the opposite of what we've gotten which is still the equivalent of half measures.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I get the knock on Gus, but Merrill has been quietly solid. He came exactly as advertised by Wings fans. Nothing spectacular, but plays a steady, simple and effective game. He doesn't easily panic when pressured and is a lot more reliable than Kulak/Mete/Ouellet.
I trust Merril a lot more than the scrubs we've had in our lineup over the years.

Still not what we needed but certainly better than what we had.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
4 points back of the Jets now with a game in hand.

tenor.gif
LOL SOOO THIS

Absolutely torn

Also how in the mother f*** did they ever scratch Evans, god all mighty

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
LOL SOOO THIS

Absolutely torn

Also how in the mother f*** did they ever scratch Evans, god all mighty

I hope Evan's gets a chance to play with offensive players. I think he can hang.

I remember last year he did well in brief stints on the wing with Domi and Kovalchuk.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
We're 3-1 with Frolik in the lineup.

I'm not sure this is a coincidence. He brings speed and veteran savy, which brings stability to his line, which in turn brings stability to the lineup.

Pretty sure it's a coincidence. He's been mostly a non factor so far. Last game was his best, but generally, he plays like a veteran 4th line guy who won't put his team in trouble, but who doesn't bring much either. I don’t mind him in his current role, but no way he's a game changer at this point.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Next game :
Romanov - Chiarot
Edmun - Petry
Kulak - Merrill

shadow realm : Gustafsson

Told y'all that Romy would be on the top pairing by the end of the year!

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Next game :
Romanov - Chiarot
Edmun - Petry
Kulak - Merrill

shadow realm : Gustafsson

Told y'all that Romy would be on the top pairing by the end of the year!
Don t put Romanov with Chiarot, rather see him with Merrill on the second line. Edmunson Petry on the first if Petry stops with bad turnovers in their own zone.

Reactions: CapZzZzZz

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yeah, I’d have lots of positives to say if I haven’t spent the last 4 years watching garbage hockey. Don’t call me out for being negative when the product on the ice has been absolute trash for as long as it has. They limped their way to a win tonight like they’re limping their way to a playoff spot. I’m not going to talk them up like this was some great performance because it wasn’t. Keep waving your pom poms. 24 posts made since 2015. Use your real account to bravely make the post you did apologist.

:thumbu:

giphy.gif

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Except that's the opposite of what's been happening. There was 0 hype last year, our fans were actively cheering against our team, and we beat Pittsburgh anyway. And we didn't exactly get our asses kicked by Philadelphia who was the #1 seed. We actually had 11GF/11GA vs. them and 10GF/6GA against Pitts.
Not what I remember at all. BEFORE the playins the board was like that, once we had a single win against Pitts its was "We can win the cup, and it will be a legit win, price will carey us all the way, suck it haters!!!!!!!!!!" Habs played well against a disinterested pens team, they looked like they always look against philly, small and overmatched. But just like the start of this season; a well rested and fresh habs team starts the season(or 4 months rested playins) well and then quickly falls off a cliff.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
KK 5 goals on the season...Romanov losing coverage leading to goals every game...and Caufield no impact. Why do we always draft so many busts? I can't wait until Timmins is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad