Post-Game Talk: Thicc Nick leads Habs to 5-3 win over Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
F*CK all the haters saying they don't want to make the playoffs.
I consider myself a hater - I've never said they wouldn't make the PO, but I do believe they do not deserve to be there. The flowers you enthusiastically throw at the team after tonight's win (1 of only 4 in their last 10!) is to set the bar pretty low. This team can't string b2b wins to save itself; it has a goal differential of -1, has a pathetic PK and an even worse PP, has a garbage defensive core, and exhibits mediocre goal-tending on most nights (including in tonight's win, btw).

I am happy the team won tonight but don't pee on my leg and tell me it's spring rain, because we are both likely to be disappointed as soon as tomorrow night, after the game with the Sens

upload_2021-4-30_22-27-29.png

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Well played game by the Habs. Pushed the offense more. Suzuki stepping up big time. I thought KK looked a little better on the wing. I thought most players had a decent game tonight. I’ve been ripping staal to shreds but he seems to be getting his legs a little bit. Kulak should 100% be in over gustaf. I’ve liked kulaks game all year. Caufields best game yet. He’s close to scoring. Evans lehks playing with high energy great to see. Perry doing his thing. Armia was solid as well, I hope he’s ok. One thing I will say about Romanov is he’s playing good but I wanna see him play with more confidence. He’s a good skater and strong as a bull make a couple more offensive moves in a game. Needed that win fellas, I got a good feeling about tomorrow.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
- Chiarot's best game of the year.
- Gus is so bad. PP looked good without him there. Kulak should be in over him all day.
- Didn't miss Weber even a little bit. Dude is either really hurt and has been all year or is done.
- Jake (Allen) played like garbage, so if we start him tomorrow he can't play much worse.
- Suzuki looked like Bubble Suzuki tonight. Put the team on his back
- Cole will score soon.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Why? He needs to just retire already. He won't be any better even rested. Actually be worse. Be like an old dog with bad joints, trying to get up and move right after sleeping all day on a hard floor.

He has 19 pts, sits in the top 50 at 35yrs old. I think that's pretty good. I also believe he would be near 40 pts if they brought in some help and let him slide back to 2-3 , instead of 1. He's playing against the best every night

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Dude is either really hurt and has been all year or is done.
Likely the former. It's not like he hasn't done just that in the past, at the detriment of the team - he fractured his foot a few years ago and would take the time to heal. In the end, he aggravated the injury, which then prevented him from playing for over a season He's an idiot like that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why? He needs to just retire already. He won't be any better even rested. Actually be worse. Be like an old dog with bad joints, trying to get up and move right after sleeping all day on a hard floor.
He dropped off a cliff this year but before that was still at least a good blueliner. Nobody could’ve predicted he’d be this bad and I don’t think anyone would have thought that he was retirement ready coming into this year.

It was revealed that he’s been hurt this year. That explains a lot. Question is whether or not he can improve from where he is. Because he looks terrible now.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So you’re telling me they look better offensively without the worst defenceman in the league playing? And you’re also telling me Chiarot looked fine when not paired with that same awful has-been? Who would have thought?

Weber is the worst defenseman in the league for you?

Yeah, I’d have lots of positives to say if I haven’t spent the last 4 years watching garbage hockey. Don’t call me out for being negative when the product on the ice has been absolute trash for as long as it has. They limped their way to a win tonight like they’re limping their way to a playoff spot. I’m not going to talk them up like this was some great performance like it wasn’t. Keep waving your Pom poms.

Blah blah blah you’re right everyone else is wrong fire everyone hire everyone else what else is new

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Dom Dom just said Weber hasn’t been 100% since beginning of the season, and latest injury was early game of last road trip

Not shocking at all. Those 2 Oilers games were really physically intense. Probably the Drai hit. He got really frustrated with him and took a run at him along the boards.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah they do. If it's getting too close for comfort, then you can reevaluate things, but honestly, the kind of play we have seen from of the guys top to bottom this year, the team looks like they are better off giving certain guys a rest anyways.

Is there a break before the playoffs?

Yes, Vancouver and Calgary finishes a week after we do. If we haven't clinched by the time our seasons end, they can't start playoffs til they finish there's. If we do clinch, they can probably start playoffs simultaneously with their final games.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
We know the drill, some naive fans get hyped up for the playoffs, that we make by default, then we get our ass kicked because we objectively suck, these naive fans disappear from Hf Habs during the summer, rinse and repeat... Every time it's the same story with MB's team, we are tired.
Except that's the opposite of what's been happening. There was 0 hype last year, our fans were actively cheering against our team, and we beat Pittsburgh anyway. And we didn't exactly get our asses kicked by Philadelphia who was the #1 seed. We actually had 11GF/11GA vs. them and 10GF/6GA against Pitts.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Blah blah blah you’re right everyone else is wrong fire everyone hire everyone else what else is new

Where did I imply everyone else is wrong? You’ve been white knighting Bergevin since 2017 when everyone was calling for a rebuild. We’d be 3 years into said rebuild if the ownership group wasn’t so comfortable appeasing the fans that will just sit there and cheer for anything like yourself. Blah blah blah. Hold the guys in charge accountable for the bad product they consistently feed you instead of coming up with excuses like you constantly do. It’s to bad Bergevin, the guy you’re doubling down on doesn’t follow your same philosophy with not firing everyone as he’s dumped just about his entire staff just this season.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Except that's the opposite of what's been happening. There was 0 hype last year, our fans were actively cheering against our team, and we beat Pittsburgh anyway. And we didn't exactly get our asses kicked by Philadelphia who was the #1 seed. We actually had 11GF/11GA vs. them and 10GF/6GA against Pitts.

There was zero hype, because we were gifted a spot because of the covid, after the Pens crapped the bed against us, the hype started. Many fans here were happy about the playoffs, because it would "help" our young players. You can play on semantic if you want, yes Philly did not kick our ass, but we lost in the first round.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
Seriously. What does this guy and Merril have that Kulak, Ouellette or Fleury don't?

I get the knock on Gus, but Merrill has been quietly solid. He came exactly as advertised by Wings fans. Nothing spectacular, but plays a steady, simple and effective game. He doesn't easily panic when pressured and is a lot more reliable than Kulak/Mete/Ouellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad