Therrien - Off To a Great Start Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
We used Galchenyuk at center before...last year the Habs were 9-2-1 but then again, we had to scratch that experience even though everything was working well....cause you know, DD wasn't producing at all on the wing so we put him back in the middle of Pacioretty....sounds familiar? Who wasn'T producing when we broke the EGG line?

I will accept for a 21yo starting at center to blow some coverage, miss a backcheck or what not. It's money in the bank, it's learning, it's getting better.....but for 29yo DD who is the only vets not taking PK time and not getting better? Not so much.

Why don't Therrien coddle Galchenyuk like he's doing with Desharnais for 4 years now? FOUR FREAKING YEARS of coddling Desharnais and using Galchenyuk as an after-thought.

This is the thing....i don't wanna wait and see this time around. Cause it will probably worked for a couple a games. DD/Weise/Pac will get their points, gets some wins....and then just like the last couple of years, DD will be great, Plekanec will suck and Galchenyuk won't be ready to play center yet. All the good minutes will go to that line and the others will get scrap and their production will go down.

And when comes playoff times, that line will crap the bed and Therrien won't know what to do again.....same story from the last 3 years without any exceptions.

Pretty well the same old MT cycle I fear we'll resume for a 4th year running, where the roster revolves around coddling little DD.

And yes when the games get more physical and there's less time and space to make pretty little saucer passes and the DD-Pac duo fails once again in the playoffs, that's when Therrien will break it up. And then we'll have players who are not so used to playing together on playoff ice struggling with the pressure to perform immediately.

And before someone says I'm a hater I am fully aware that DD sees the ice well and makes pretty passes and adds a dimension to the team. But that's all he does, and that's why he should be a secret weapon playing about 12 min per game. I loved him in that exploitation role. Therrien can't get enough though it's an aDDiction: must play more.

Nynja*

Which explains the "Therrien is doing ok this season....BUT....." comments floating around this thread.

Looking at the standings, the Habs are on top in the NHL with Gallagher injured and Price missing a lot of games.

But......

Yeah, scoring 3.5 goals per game will do that. But now we're back to hoping Davey/Patch get 2 goals to win a game.

See you in 2017.

Nynja*

Threads at 976...need new titles:

"Same ol Therrien"
"aDDicted edition"
"Comes full circle edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad