Therrien - Off To a Great Start Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Are you ****ing kidding me with this? It's the captain's job to do the coaches job now? Pacioretty is probably ****ing thrilled to get off a defensive line again and get all of the easy matchups that DD gets. Why do you think everybody loves playing with Peewee Herman? It's like the difference between hanging out with the rich kids or the poor kids. The rich kids always get the best toys to play with. Are you kidding me?

And are you kidding me? You think that players have nothing to do say about coaches décisions? Really? You think that Therrien is appointing games to Price and not the opposite? Really? ANd you think that Pacioretty, the captain, is probably at the same level than Byron? Really? And if Pacioretty is ****ing thrilled to stay away from Plekanec and play with DD and we all know that Therrien loves to please his vets....you don't think that he's not doing that too for that purpose? So Therrien wants to please DD......and want to please Pacioretty too. What was Pacioretty's comments about the lines changes? He loves it. Fine...So why the blame on Therrien....why the blame on DD...and NO blame on Pacioretty who not only didn'T voice his opinion but ****ing LOVES the move?

Why? Because it's much easier for people in here who hate Therrien and hate DD to hate the move while it's much more difficult to hate what Pacioretty says about it while they LIKE the guy. So OBVIOUSLY, I didn't say he should share the same amount of blame....but he should take a little as he's not using his input, LIKE EVERY VET do IN ANY FREAKIN hockey room out there.

And in the end, it's a ****ing overreaction of a crowd who just wanted to get this thread going because it's not fun when it's going too great. Hate still has to be ongoing. Again, I don't also like this combination as DD will now start again to look at Pacioretty to pass him the puck every freakin time which meaks him way too predictable. So FOR THAT REASON, I don't expect the line to stay like that. Reason why I don't panic like most of you.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
After several injuries including to the team's best player and best RW (if not best forward this year), the coach assembles a new line combination of Weise-DD-Patch for parts of the game, this line gets several quality chances and eventually seals the deal with the GWG.

Reaction on HF Habs ?

That's why Therrien should not be nominated for the Jack Adams.

It honestly really feels like some posters were just waiting in the shadows for this day with baited breath just so they could come on here and whine non-stop about it. It almost feel like they're happy that a move they disagree with was made because they had been holding all that pent up anger in for so long, and now they can let it rip. Almost.

It's because Therrien make very good decisions but also make very very very very dumb ones, like universally dumb decision. That's why he's people don't think about him for the Jack Adams. Today, it's one of his universally dumb decision. This is not the best line-up we could ice.

Not sure what game you were watching, but Weise-DD-Pac doesn't got many chances and they allowed very good chances to the Blue Jackets like that 2 against 0 in the 3rd.

They scored of a botched play on the PP...they did crap at 5-on-5.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
And are you kidding me? You think that players have nothing to do say about coaches décisions? Really? You think that Therrien is appointing games to Price and not the opposite? Really? ANd you think that Pacioretty, the captain, is probably at the same level than Byron? Really? And if Pacioretty is ****ing thrilled to stay away from Plekanec and play with DD and we all know that Therrien loves to please his vets....you don't think that he's not doing that too for that purpose? So Therrien wants to please DD......and want to please Pacioretty too. What was Pacioretty's comments about the lines changes? He loves it. Fine...So why the blame on Therrien....why the blame on DD...and NO blame on Pacioretty who not only didn'T voice his opinion but ****ing LOVES the move?

Why? Because it's much easier for people in here who hate Therrien and hate DD to hate the move while it's much more difficult to hate what Pacioretty says about it while they LIKE the guy. So OBVIOUSLY, I didn't say he should share the same amount of blame....but he should take a little as he's not using his input, LIKE EVERY VET do IN ANY FREAKIN hockey room out there.

So if you were to go into work today and your boss asked you, Whitesnake you can choose the hard job or you can choose the easy job. Which would you choose? And please be honest.

And in the end, it's a ****ing overreaction of a crowd who just wanted to get this thread going because it's not fun when it's going too great. Hate still has to be ongoing. Again, I don't also like this combination as DD will now start again to look at Pacioretty to pass him the puck every freakin time which meaks him way too predictable. So FOR THAT REASON, I don't expect the line to stay like that. Reason why I don't panic like most of you.

And when is it time to start panicking? When we get bounced in the second round again? Should we be patient for another 25 years? I just want to make sure when I have your permission to start "panicking".

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Nope, that's an overreaction from fans knowing that Habs never been that close from being a contender for the Stanley Cup after more than 20 FREAKING YEARS of waiting for it.

We need to build towards that goal and nothing else, and Desharnais shouldn't not be near the top 6 of this team. And Therrien went out of his way to keep him there SINCE DAY 1, to keep him at center.

I don't wanna waste another year enduring this coach favoristism.....and never forget, that's why he lost his job in Pittsburgh and nothing else and i'Ve showed many proofs of that.

It's been 4 years and we're right back at where we were at day 1 when Therrien arrived. Where not going the Cup with that type of coaching. Desharnais has been horrible in the PO for all his career and since MT is not ready to changes thing, he will be horrible again.

See Therrien just said in his PC that Desharnais doesn't even had a problem with his decision making in terms of passing or shooting the puck. Said that doesn't change if the played with Pacioretty or not....

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So if you were to go into work today and your boss asked you, Whitesnake you can choose the hard job or you can choose the easy job. Which would you choose? And please be honest.

Such an easy answer for me and I actually did just that. I choose the hard job. Why? 'Cause it means more responsabilities, better pay. With the quality of the job comes other things. As you progress in life, you actually wish you'd get harder job as that's what life should be all about till.....you retire. Pacioretty should be as pleased as to refrain top guys from scoring AND to score some goals in the process. To be happy to always get the easier matchups when in the end, his team might start losing....if he's happy with that, he's no captain.

And when is it time to start panicking? When we get bounced in the second round again? Should we be patient for another 25 years? I just want to make sure when I have your permission to start "panicking".

Well you can do whatever you want....I just don't think we'll go to the playoffs with that lineup. Without Price AND Gallagher and with the upcoming tough games ahead, it's either 2 things....we lose HARD hence we'll have to move the lineup around. OR we win big and THEN we will have to acknowledge the lines and be REAL happy they stick together. And then will come the playoffs....and IF they then again don't do anything.....it will be severely judged but not only by us.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
See Therrien just said in his PC that Desharnais doesn't even had a problem with his decision making in terms of passing or shooting the puck. Said that doesn't change if the played with Pacioretty or not....

But doesn't he have to justify his decision? You'd think he'd say DD is a terrible hockey player? Or ECHL bound like some in here want to believe? I also can point out that when he was congratulating his lines at the start of the year...Therrien himself pointed out that not playing with Pacioretty made DD be more imaginative. Therrien HIMSELF.

With every BS we heard from Bergevin and Therrien as far as what they say....let's be cautious about it.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario

That doesn't happen in the real world lol which is unfortunate. Hockey isn't the real world I suppose. Why bother having a coach if the vets can just decide on lines that will be best for them. So dumb.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
But doesn't he have to justify his decision? You'd think he'd say DD is a terrible hockey player? Or ECHL bound like some in here want to believe? I also can point out that when he was congratulating his lines at the start of the year...Therrien himself pointed out that not playing with Pacioretty made DD be more imaginative. Therrien HIMSELF.

With every BS we heard from Bergevin and Therrien as far as what they say....let's be cautious about it.

I have to agree with the last part.....

But it's still favoritism, the same favoritism that we've seen for years. Guys like Eller can play as well and better than Desharnais but he NEVER will get a fair shot with a coach like that.

Plekanec, who was one of our best players last year and this year is getting to play shutdown with Byron for crying out load.

Plekanec is better than Desharnais
Galchenyuk is better than Desharnais

They should play ahead of Desharnais, both of them....and way ahead of Desharnais. That's should've been the case for at least 2 years already. Therrien should really go into Stage 2 of the NHL Behavioral Health Program with Kassian for his addiction to Desharnais.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Such an easy answer for me and I actually did just that. I choose the hard job. Why? 'Cause it means more responsabilities, better pay. With the quality of the job comes other things. As you progress in life, you actually wish you'd get harder job as that's what life should be all about till.....you retire. Pacioretty should be as pleased as to refrain top guys from scoring AND to score some goals in the process. To be happy to always get the easier matchups when in the end, his team might start losing....if he's happy with that, he's no captain.

Then you my friend are a Gallagher who we all know is the true heart and soul of this team. Unfortunately Gallagher types only exist one out of every 23 people. The reality is that most people are motivated by their own self interests and agendas.

Don't want to play hard because I might get injured. I'd rather get easier matchups because more points = bigger contract = more money. Self preservation is the driving force behind all of human kind.

Well you can do whatever you want....I just don't think we'll go to the playoffs with that lineup. Without Price AND Gallagher and with the upcoming tough games ahead, it's either 2 things....we lose HARD hence we'll have to move the lineup around. OR we win big and THEN we will have to acknowledge the lines and be REAL happy they stick together. And then will come the playoffs....and IF they then again don't do anything.....it will be severely judged but not only by us.

Optimism is one thing, naivety is another. Therrien wants to win with Desharnais in the top six but we already know how that ends. People expecting different results are only fooling themselves.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I have to agree with the last part.....

But it's still favoritism, the same favoritism that we've seen for years. Guys like Eller can play as well and better than Desharnais but he NEVER will get a fair shot with a coach like that.

Plekanec, who was one of our best players last year and this year is getting to play shutdown with Byron for crying out load.

Plekanec is better than Desharnais
Galchenyuk is better than Desharnais

They should play ahead of Desharnais, both of them....and way ahead of Desharnais. That's should've been the case for at least 2 years already. Therrien should really go into Stage 2 of the NHL Behavioral Health Program with Kassian for his addiction to Desharnais.

Regardless of whether I agree with you or not, that last sentence is QOTY material.

Nynja*

I was looking forward to watching the game thursday since im
Not working.

I might call in and ask if someone wants a night off now.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Surely, yet, Plekanec is always excused for not producing 'cause poor guy, he always play against a tough opposition. As if the other top players of other teams NEVER play against a tough opposition. But yes, he's OBVIOUSLY a better overall hockey player, reason why he plays the PK DD doesn't play, reason why he plays some PP too....and around the same ES time. Yet, Plekanec cannot play WAY ahead of DD as he, also, isn't known as a playoff warrior, and seems to lack soms stamina comes playoffs time.

Galchenyuk has clearly the best potential....should have probably been used at C before, but the reality is that it's his 1st season at C. They take ther time for him....surely not fast enough as far as we're concerned.

But again, while he's not my favorite player, I think DD is totally overlooked. His mistakes aren't though...when he doesn't backcheck we hear about it for 3-4 pages in the GDT.....but when Galchy doesn't....we don't hear it. And his good plays are either due because of luck, secondary assists or whatever. People hate DD.....surely hates more the "DD obsession" and hate the player for it. And they hate him so much that they keep asking for a trade when at the same time, the coach is clearly IN LOVE with him, as if the GM and the coach doesn't talk to each other.

Yep, I guess Therrien needs more time to realize that DD isn't the perfect hockey player and probably needs another playoffs to realize it. So be it. We don't have the team to win it all this year either. So might as well realize it this year....and come up with a better roster as soon as next year with a Price hopefully in great shape for once. In the meantime, again, let's wait a little to see how that plays out this time around. And CLEARLY, Therrien put DD in the WORST possible way to prove anything with Price and GAllagher out, and with surely one of the toughest stretch possible.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Surely, yet, Plekanec is always excused for not producing 'cause poor guy, he always play against a tough opposition. As if the other top players of other teams NEVER play against a tough opposition. But yes, he's OBVIOUSLY a better overall hockey player, reason why he plays the PK DD doesn't play, reason why he plays some PP too....and around the same ES time. Yet, Plekanec cannot play WAY ahead of DD as he, also, isn't known as a playoff warrior, and seems to lack soms stamina comes playoffs time.

Galchenyuk has clearly the best potential....should have probably been used at C before, but the reality is that it's his 1st season at C. They take ther time for him....surely not fast enough as far as we're concerned.

But again, while he's not my favorite player, I think DD is totally overlooked. His mistakes aren't though...when he doesn't backcheck we hear about it for 3-4 pages in the GDT.....but when Galchy doesn't....we don't hear it. And his good plays are either due because of luck, secondary assists or whatever. People hate DD.....surely hates more the "DD obsession" and hate the player for it. And they hate him so much that they keep asking for a trade when at the same time, the coach is clearly IN LOVE with him, as if the GM and the coach doesn't talk to each other.

Yep, I guess Therrien needs more time to realize that DD isn't the perfect hockey player and probably needs another playoffs to realize it. So be it. We don't have the team to win it all this year either. So might as well realize it this year....and come up with a better roster as soon as next year with a Price hopefully in great shape for once. In the meantime, again, let's wait a little to see how that plays out this time around. And CLEARLY, Therrien put DD in the WORST possible way to prove anything with Price and GAllagher out, and with surely one of the toughest stretch possible.

We used Galchenyuk at center before...last year the Habs were 9-2-1 but then again, we had to scratch that experience even though everything was working well....cause you know, DD wasn't producing at all on the wing so we put him back in the middle of Pacioretty....sounds familiar? Who wasn'T producing when we broke the EGG line?

I will accept for a 21yo starting at center to blow some coverage, miss a backcheck or what not. It's money in the bank, it's learning, it's getting better.....but for 29yo DD who is the only vets not taking PK time and not getting better? Not so much.

Why don't Therrien coddle Galchenyuk like he's doing with Desharnais for 4 years now? FOUR FREAKING YEARS of coddling Desharnais and using Galchenyuk as an after-thought.

This is the thing....i don't wanna wait and see this time around. Cause it will probably worked for a couple a games. DD/Weise/Pac will get their points, gets some wins....and then just like the last couple of years, DD will be great, Plekanec will suck and Galchenyuk won't be ready to play center yet. All the good minutes will go to that line and the others will get scrap and their production will go down.

And when comes playoff times, that line will crap the bed and Therrien won't know what to do again.....same story from the last 3 years without any exceptions.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
We used Galchenyuk at center before...last year the Habs were 9-2-1 but then again, we had to scratch that experience even though everything was working well....cause you know, DD wasn't producing at all on the wing so we put him back in the middle of Pacioretty....sounds familiar? Who wasn'T producing when we broke the EGG line?

I will accept for a 21yo starting at center to blow some coverage, miss a backcheck or what not. It's money in the bank, it's learning, it's getting better.....but for 29yo DD who is the only vets not taking PK time and not getting better? Not so much.

Why don't Therrien coddle Galchenyuk like he's doing with Desharnais for 4 years now? FOUR FREAKING YEARS of coddling Desharnais and using Galchenyuk as an after-thought.

This is the thing....i don't wanna wait and see this time around. Cause it will probably worked for a couple a games. DD/Weise/Pac will get their points, gets some wins....and then just like the last couple of years, DD will be great, Plekanec will suck and Galchenyuk won't be ready to play center yet. All the good minutes will go to that line and the others will get scrap and their production will go down.

And when comes playoff times, that line will crap the bed and Therrien won't know what to do again.....same story from the last 3 years without any exceptions.

glass ceiling
noun

: an unfair system or set of attitudes that prevents some people (such as women or people of a certain race) from getting the most powerful jobs

: an intangible barrier within a hierarchy that prevents women or minorities from obtaining upper-level positions

: an unofficially acknowledged barrier to advancement in a profession, especially affecting women and members of minorities.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Galchenyuk is used like Rickard Rackell and Ryan Spooner. Both guys with less NHL experience under their belt and greener than he is. But apparently, there is something especially bad with Galchenyuk, because even with more than excellent bottom line production, he is being treated like someone who is a rookie or needs AHL experience who can't play the game well at all. I cannot fathom why fans argue for Therrien's foolish excuses to cockblock Galchenyuk from the top 6 and the top players on this team. Those reasons are for UNPRODUCTIVE players or grinders like Moen, not productive skilled player producing at an elite pace with grinder minutes/deployment.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
After several injuries including to the team's best player and best RW (if not best forward this year), the coach assembles a new line combination of Weise-DD-Patch for parts of the game, this line gets several quality chances and eventually seals the deal with the GWG.

Reaction on HF Habs ?

That's why Therrien should not be nominated for the Jack Adams.

It honestly really feels like some posters were just waiting in the shadows for this day with baited breath just so they could come on here and whine non-stop about it. It almost feel like they're happy that a move they disagree with was made because they had been holding all that pent up anger in for so long, and now they can let it rip. Almost.

Which explains the "Therrien is doing ok this season....BUT....." comments floating around this thread.

Looking at the standings, the Habs are on top in the NHL with Gallagher injured and Price missing a lot of games.

But......

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Michel can't help himself... I fully expect a similar lineup in the playoffs. Maybe if you persist long enough with a lineup that has brought you continuous playoff failure, it will work out in the end? Anyways, I hope so...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Which explains the "Therrien is doing ok this season....BUT....." comments floating around this thread.

Looking at the standings, the Habs are on top in the NHL with Gallagher injured and Price missing a lot of games.

But......
Top in the NHL...with Pacioretty-Pleks.

Giving up a near catastrophic 2-on-0 because center of said line is slow compared to speedsters Atkinson and Saad is not exactly a mark of genius, but rather the exact opposite.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

You have to play the games.

Life is too short to be worrying about what "might" happen in April 2016.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Top in the NHL...with Pacioretty-Pleks.

Giving up a near catastrophic 2-on-0 because center of said line is slow compared to speedsters Atkinson and Saad is not exactly a mark of genius, but rather the exact opposite.

Who won last night?

I can go through the entire game and come up with 100+ different what if scenarios. Pointless because no one can change the past.

Neither can you or I change the fact that Pacioretty scored the GWG without Pleks as his C.

The Habs are suffering with an injury bug. I'm sure there will be many changes to the lines.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Coach is also a poor line juggler. Quennville will use every combo under the sun at times. But Therrien usually doesn't put his best scorers together to get goals. He NEVER moves Galchenyuk up around to any top 6 position even though Galchenyuk can pretty much play all three forward positions. It's always DDretty and everyone else, scraps.

****, he can't even put Semin or Vanek on the LW, you know, their NATURAL POSITIONS.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Who won last night?

I can go through the entire game and come up with 100+ different what if scenarios. Pointless because no one can change the past.

Neither can you or I change the fact that Pacioretty scored the GWG without Pleks as his C.

The Habs are suffering with an injury bug. I'm sure there will be many changes to the lines.

Subban did most of the work. Any center who can pass the puck could have done what DD did, which was mostly watch our franchise D work his tail off to keep possession and eventually set up a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad