Therrien - Off To a Great Start Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If MT can keep winning without Price/Gallagher until they both return (late Janurary), he'll get serious Jack Adams consideration. It's pretty obvious much of the hockey world believed Price was the only reason Habs won for him to not get much consideration last couple years.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
And? Posters comments mean nothing to an nhl coach. Its a discussion board.

Who cares if a few posters say that.
You are pretty much saying lets critique nothing because some may complain about therrien

Ok. Let's discuss.

Who iced the puck that led to this infamous face off?

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
After two days discussions on a faceoff... everything that could be said was....

General opinion:

Players faults...

but it's a game situation result of a icing that lead to a goal... almost the right people were on ice (except for DSP... but icing call).

let's move on and watching the next game! .... 1 h15 to go!

Go habs go!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think it was directed to the media/fans not coming from other GM lool

If you recall at the end of year presser last year, Bergevin expected the media to ask questions about MT to the point where it was the only time he spoke about exact numbers of MT coaching record here in MTL since taking over.

Not sure why other GM around league would be asking a GM why he hasn't fired his coach yet lol

You're completely right, I have no clue how I understood it as GMs. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
To me the loss was 100% on Therrien. Plecky was not at his best? Sure. Condon let in a bad goal? Sure but it was also a back to back situation. Not even Carey Price plays back to back games. We needed our coach to be sharp and he was not.

Columbus are likely to take a page out of Jersey's playbook.
Look for a clogged neutral zone. Hopefully the forwards provide some closer support this time
to break the that trap. I think if we sit back we play right into their hands. Let's pressurize that D shall we! :D

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Last 10 games

Pacioretty: 11 points
Plekanec: 9 points

Desharnais: 3 points
Weise: 4 points
Fleischmann: 4 points

Galchenyuk: 7 points

If he breaks up Pacioretty/Plekanec it's going to show some blatant double standard...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"Pour mon 700e match dans la ligue nationale, je voulais mettre en évidence mon tit Dâvide." :nod::nod::nod:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Last 10 games

Pacioretty: 11 points
Plekanec: 9 points

Desharnais: 3 points
Weise: 4 points
Fleischmann: 4 points

Galchenyuk: 7 points

If he breaks up Pacioretty/Plekanec it's going to show some blatant double standard...

I wish we'd stick with Plekanec-Pacioretty all year really.

I do find it strange though. In 2013-14 EGG was broken up after game 3 so that Eller can center the top line with pacioretty. People were livid that Eller was juggled and felt it ruined the momentum of the EGG line.

Now, Galchenyuk's line doing good and people say we should break it.

Truth be told, **** it, we should've just kept the duos intact and put someone else on Plekanec's RW. Even Weise who has some chemistry with max. Moving DD up was the wrong move.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's funny that after trying a couple of things with Pac-Plek he didn't try to put Weise with them....

Poor Plekanec though, he didn't deserve that one bit...but who cares, first sign of struggle from Desharnais and Papa Therrien comes to the rescue.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's funny that after trying a couple of things with Pac-Plek he didn't try to put Weise with them....

Poor Plekanec though, he didn't deserve that one bit...but who cares, first sign of struggle from Desharnais and Papa Therrien comes to the rescue.

There was absolutely merit in trying Flash with Plekanec though. It's just that MT did it the wrong way.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There was absolutely merit in trying Flash with Plekanec though. It's just that MT did it the wrong way.

A little, Flash can play all 3 positions so he could've tried him with Pac and Plek.

The problem was TOI. His hot hands, the players that were producing lately we're Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk - Eller.....and to an extent, even DSP and Andrighetto produce more lately than Desharnais and Weise.

And it's Desharnais and Weise who's getting more ice-time and the promotion?

He played the cold hand instead of the hot hand.....don't know that many coach who will do this in any sports at any level.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
A little, Flash can play all 3 positions so he could've tried him with Pac and Plek.

The problem was TOI. His hot hands, the players that were producing lately we're Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk - Eller.....and to an extent, even DSP and Andrighetto produce more lately than Desharnais and Weise.

And it's Desharnais and Weise who's getting more ice-time and the promotion?

He played the cold hand instead of the hot hand.....don't know that many coach who will do this in any sports at any level.

I meant :

Pac - Galch
Flash - Plek
Eller - DD

With mix N match wingers.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You were saying?
It's gotten beyond stupid, hasn't it...? He just couldn't help himself, 25 games in, and the little guy was back with Max....
We have had such a good start, and so has MT for the most part, but his lines last night, were brutal...I will cust him a little slack, because of the injuries, but...:shakehead

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's gotten beyond stupid, hasn't it...? He just couldn't help himself, 25 games in, and the little guy was back with Max....
We have had such a good start, and so has MT for the most part, but his lines last night, were brutal...I will cust him a little slack, because of the injuries, but...:shakehead

Injuries had nothing to do with it. Plekanec line was hot as was Glachenyuk. Desharnais = cold? Turn on the blender !!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Is Gallagher irrelevant now?

So all it takes for this cheap house of cards to crumble is an injury to Gallagher? Bergevin should have given him 9M then and thank god for Gauthier for drafting him in the 5th round.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
And this is why Therrien didn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Jack Adams.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How about some responsability to the captain? Is he way too happy to get his DD back? Can the Captain convince the coach to keep the lines as it is....or does he find himself totally fine to move away from Plekanec? If Pacioretty says "I want to play with Pleks...", can the coach who loves his vets so much and know that he needs them to keep his job in the NHL would go against that?

Not a Therrien fan by any means, but some people here are way too funny. Reactions as if we're dead last in the league AND/OR Therrien mentioned that this line will STAY like that till the end of the year.

Chill out people....

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
How about some responsability to the captain? Is he way too happy to get his DD back? Can the Captain convince the coach to keep the lines as it is....or does he find himself totally fine to move away from Plekanec? If Pacioretty says "I want to play with Pleks...", can the coach who loves his vets so much and know that he needs them to keep his job in the NHL would go against that?

Not a Therrien fan by any means, but some people here are way too funny. Reactions as if we're dead last in the league AND/OR Therrien mentioned that this line will STAY like that till the end of the year.

Chill out people....

Are you ****ing kidding me with this? It's the captain's job to do the coaches job now? Pacioretty is probably ****ing thrilled to get off a defensive line again and get all of the easy matchups that DD gets. Why do you think everybody loves playing with Peewee Herman? It's like the difference between hanging out with the rich kids or the poor kids. The rich kids always get the best toys to play with. Are you kidding me?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
And this is why Therrien didn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Jack Adams.

After several injuries including to the team's best player and best RW (if not best forward this year), the coach assembles a new line combination of Weise-DD-Patch for parts of the game, this line gets several quality chances and eventually seals the deal with the GWG.

Reaction on HF Habs ?

That's why Therrien should not be nominated for the Jack Adams.

It honestly really feels like some posters were just waiting in the shadows for this day with baited breath just so they could come on here and whine non-stop about it. It almost feel like they're happy that a move they disagree with was made because they had been holding all that pent up anger in for so long, and now they can let it rip. Almost.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal

Chill out people....

I'm a Therrien "fan" (more like, i like what he's done in MTL the last 3 years) and even i'm pissed by these lines. They just look ****ing aweful to me. Lets hope they dont stay that way.

As to the usual suspects spitting their hate on the coach, what else is new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad