Therrien is bringing the worst out of his players this year?

Figaro95*

For stats lovers (and there are many on this board)...

For the month of February:

4 wins

1 loss in regulation

2 OT losses

10 points on 14 possible ones

20 goals for
14 goals against

That's soooo bad !!!!!!

Wheres Andrew Berkshire?

#clown

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
IF we win in the Playoffs, it'll be because a lot of things will have changed in our game. We aren't winning jack crap with the way we're playing unless Price carries us like Halak did.

You would be surprised how team wins in the playoffs. When things start to click we never know what might happen.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This robotic coaching of Therrien isn't MOTIVATING anybody.
Normally a young player wanna do well and move up in the depth chart
Here, they do well but don't move up...actually some goes down like Bournival.
Did well, move him down without him getting cold.

Since when you have a 3pts player in a game, an offensive threat, and don't use
that player in overtime?

Nope...at 4-on-4, it's these guys
At 5-on-5, it's these guys
In defensive zone, it's these guys
In offensive zone, it's these guys

Always, it doesn't matter if you play like Crosby or Gomez, you will have the same ice-time, the same starts, the same game situations...even if you put up 3 points or run throught 3 players like Galchenyuk did...the ice-time and game situations are already booked before the game even started.

How can that motivates and bring out the best out of your players????
No competition inside that room.

habitue*

This robotic coaching of Therrien isn't MOTIVATING anybody.
Normally a young player wanna do well and move up in the depth chart
Here, they do well but don't move up...actually some goes down like Bournival.
Did well, move him down without him getting cold.

Since when you have a 3pts player in a game, an offensive threat, and don't use
that player in overtime?

Nope...at 4-on-4, it's these guys
At 5-on-5, it's these guys
In defensive zone, it's these guys
In offensive zone, it's these guys

Always, it doesn't matter if you play like Crosby or Gomez, you will have the same ice-time, the same starts, the same game situations...even if you put up 3 points or run throught 3 players like Galchenyuk did...the ice-time and game situations are already booked before the game even started.

How can that motivates and bring out the best out of your players????
No competition inside that room.

Are you the guy picking up their jockstraps after the games ?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
After we get eliminated in the first round I'm sure your opinion will change. Not much has changed since last year roster wise but this team is playing a totally different system and EVERY skater has regressed dramatically I don't think that's nit picking at all. I'd be shocked if this small team goes anywhere come playoff time. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.

I will not be surprised if they get eliminated in the first round. I already stated this is a bubble team so to blame MT for being in a playoff position is a little crazy.

To say "EVERY skater has regressed dramatically" is even more crazy.
Yes you convince me with this argument because I can tell you watch hockey with the IQ of a..........

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Are you the guy picking up their jockstraps after the games ?

No, but don't need a IQ of 147 to see the same players always get the same game
situation. Last night, Briere clearly DISERVE to be out there in the OT...hottest player, offensive player, could'Ve get his hat trick....

If you put up 3 points and still not get some 4 on 4 time away from these guys....i guess this is competition?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You would be surprised how team wins in the playoffs. When things start to click we never know what might happen.

Not much would surprise me anymore in the POs. We see teams come back from 3-0 in the series. We see teams blow up huge leads in the 3rd period of a game 7. We see team that have no business winning pull it out. We see the worse teams beat the best ones in most part thanks to their goalie. So nothing would surprise me.

But you said it yourself, ''when things start to click''. Right now, we're not clicking. Last year we were. Last year, despite suffering big injuries at the wrong time, Ottawa still needed Anderson to steal 2 games. We were playing as a strong cohesive team. I had more trust in last year's injured and average Price team than I have in this year's ''get dominated'' healthy team.

If things click it will mean exactly what I said, that things will have changed.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
While I'm no fan of MT I'm beginning to wonder at what point do we blame the players?

The point when you figure out the young core is not that good after all. Basically blaming MT is wishful thinking that Habs actually have young players that can become better than they are...

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I don't disagree that someone like Dan Bylsma would get more out of these players but the team record is very good considering how badly too many players have struggled and that's why MT will keep his job.

Completely. Misses. The. Point.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'm definitely not a Therrien fan and I was pissed off when the hired him. But there's no way I'm going to blame him for any kind of problems the team is having until he gets some regular size players on his top 2 lines. No coach in the NHL has to deal with having that amount of bantam size players in their lineups. Bergevin needs to address that and give him better tools to work with. If they are still bad after that then by all means get rid of him.

Good post. As usual from you. But regression in many Habs forwards is still not acceptable, be they big or small, and I think Therein should be held accountable for this.

Bergy gave Therrien ****, old forwards, we all agree, but he is not getting the best out of those ****, old forwards.

I also think chronic Injuries are a huge problem with this team. Bourque and Prust especially. Another way to say that Habs forwards are WAY TOO OLD.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
The point is it doesn't matter if players regress or over achieve, all that matters is how the team is doing. 2nd place baby, half the team could be over-achieving, we would probably still be in 2nd place.

And my opinion there is no such thing as a team or a player over or under achieving, they are what they are at that particular time. Basically the best indication of a team is their record, history means nothing, predictions mean nothing, a 67 point team is a 67 point team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad