Therrien is bringing the worst out of his players this year?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I wouldn't claim something like this without any numbers.
I wouldn't make such a big deal if it was just 2 or 3 players...but numbers are there so far for this year:

Tomas Plekanec is on pace for a season of 45 points
This would be his worst season since 08-09, and second worst in his career.

Andrei Markov is on pace to get a 43 points season
This would be is worst productive season since 03-04

Brian Gionta is on pace for a season of 40 points
And this would be his worst season since 03-04

Lars Eller is on pace for 27 points this season
This would be is worst NHL season since 10-11 (First year in the League)

Rene Bourque is on pace for a season of 13 points
This would be his worst season in the NHL

Daniel Briere is on the pace for a 28 points season

Although they're just in their second season in the NHL:

Alex Galchenyuk is way behind last year's production
Brendan Gallagher is also behind his production from last year

And they're the Norris winner:
P.K. Subban has a good season, but still way behind from last year.
But he's a little better than is first NHL season....

THE DYNAMIC DUO....
Even with the big majority of PP time, offensive advantages

Max Pacioretty is on pace for 53 points.
This would be his worst season in the last 4 years

David Desharnais is on pace for 44 points.
This would also be his worst season in the last 3 years.

So...every single forward on our top 9 are having one of the worst year in their carrer
Same goes for our two best offensive defenseman.

All of this, in the same year
All of this, at the same time
All of this, without any exception what-so-ever.

Bringing out the best out of a player....who's job is this??
How can we turned this around???

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well said. He is unable to bring the best out of his players...Not a single player on this team is playing to their best performance. Not one. Except Price, who isn't even coached by MT in the first place.

It was extremely noticable yesterday.

The guy is terrible. He is truly, truly terrible. And worst of all, he thinks he's doing a good job. I said it in the PGT: He stands there, all proud. Smug. With his chest puffed out, man boobs on display for all to see. He has a smile on his face as his team protects a 1 goal deficit.

I can't stand it anymore, I really can't. I've seen people turning down free tickets to the game.

68*

Well said. He is unable to bring the best out of his players...Not a single player on this team is playing to their best performance. Not one. Except Price, who isn't even coached by MT in the first place.

The guy is terrible. He is truly, truly terrible. And worst of all, he thinks he's doing a good job. I said it in the PGT: He stands there, all proud. Smug. With his chest puffed out, man boobs on display for all to see. He has a smile on his face as his team protects a 1 goal deficit.
I can't stand it anymore, I really can't. I've seen people turning down free tickets to the game.
I lol'd. Dat dere gyno.
I wonder where therrien would be if it weren't for two Montreal Canadiens Vezina calibre goalies.
L'AntiChambre. Let's kidnap Ken Hitchcock.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I have no idea why he's still coach.

The last third of last season was bad. The playoffs were a disaster. And the last half of the games played this season are in a majority, abysmal.

I hate how our youth are managed. I hate how our offense and defense are slowly sinking deeper into ****. I hate how he manages the line combos. Worst of all is that he keeps repeating the same mistakes and won't adapt or make corrections, he's too damn stubborn. I'm not convinced with the assistant coaches either except for Stéphane Waite. After all, the only really good thing we have going is Price.

I think the best move the Habs can do right now isn't trading a player or two. It's getting rid of some of this coaching staff.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

What's annoying about this is that this was all very foreseeable. Therrien just isn't a good coach in the NHL. He never was a tactician type of coach, never was a creative type, he's more of a ''let's show some passion and emotion'' coach and that's why his speeches on 24CH resemble the ones of a peewee coach. It's very lame.
We all knew he was a terrible selection. So this isn't really surprising.

What's worrisome is that Bergevin seem perfectly pleased with the job his coach is doing.
I never understood hiring coaches that are strong strategists and have poor management skills.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
MT has a short shelf life, he'll lose the room and be gone soon.

Although most player will preech the : Team first, personal success second
It's all BS to me (the lock-out prove that money matter more than anything else)

And the players will eventually ride him out of town....they won't negotiate great contract while having the worst season of their career!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Listening to Ray Ferraro right now on TSN690 talking about the Canucks and he says that team needs a makeover and that the team has become stale and there's just no buzz about the team anymore.. Kinda sounds exactly like what the Habs have now become under MT.

HabFanInLeafLand

Jan 28, 2014
ON
I think he lost it before the Olympic break during that losing streak. Price is the ONLY reason we're not floundering in the cellar.

Even with a great coach this team would struggle to avoid the basement without Price.

He's the second coming of St. Patrick :yo:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Price is the only reason we're in the playoffs. Therrien has lost the team and needs to go. The team also needs a real leader and I don't think we've got one in the locker room.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't claim something like this without any numbers.
I wouldn't make such a big deal if it was just 2 or 3 players...but numbers are there so far for this year:

Tomas Plekanec is on pace for a season of 45 points
This would be his worst season since 08-09, and second worst in his career.

Andrei Markov is on pace to get a 43 points season
This would be is worst productive season since 03-04

Brian Gionta is on pace for a season of 40 points
And this would be his worst season since 03-04

Lars Eller is on pace for 27 points this season
This would be is worst NHL season since 10-11 (First year in the League)

Rene Bourque is on pace for a season of 13 points

Daniel Briere is on the pace for a 28 points season

Although they're just in their second season in the NHL:

Alex Galchenyuk is way behind last year's production
Brendan Gallagher is also behind his production from last year

And they're the Norris winner:
P.K. Subban has a good season, but still way behind from last year.
But he's a little better than is first NHL season....

THE DYNAMIC DUO....
Even with the big majority of PP time, offensive advantages

Max Pacioretty is on pace for 53 points.
This would be his worst season in the last 4 years

David Desharnais is on pace for 44 points.
This would also be his worst season in the last 3 years.

So...every single forward on our top 9 are having one of the worst year in their carrer
Same goes for our two best offensive defenseman.

All of this, in the same year
All of this, at the same time
All of this, without any exception what-so-ever.

Bringing out the best out of a player....who's job is this??
How can we turned this around???

Habs shouldn't have as much trouble scoring as what they are. There is a little firepower there in Pacioretty, Plekanec, Gals, Subban, Markov. Then again, i always considered Therrein a stop-gap coach. Veteran coach to come in and settle things down after debacle of Gauthier era. Was no top coaches available when he came in

68*

Does anyone have SC Bern's record since Guy Boucher took over?

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Listening to Ray Ferraro right now on TSN690 talking about the Canucks and he says that team needs a makeover and that the team has become stale and there's just no buzz about the team anymore.. Kinda sounds exactly like what the Habs have now become under MT.

The way they're playing is similar, but the organizations are in completely different situations.

We have our stud centerman, we have our stud D, we have our stud Goalie. And they're all young and they all have their best years ahead of them.

We also have a pretty deep prospect pool and a handful of decent veterans. We also have a big fast skilled 30 goal scorer who's only 25.

Basically, we're an organization on the rise who can make a push in a couple of years. We just have a junior / bush league coach who is too stubborn to use his youngsters.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I wonder where therrien would be if it weren't for two Montreal Canadiens Vezina calibre goalies.

Price is about the only reason we still are a PO team....in fact, Price is the only reason many players don't get any heat lately.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The Canucks are a different story. They had a cup window and missed it. They tried to keep going with most of the same core but they just can't. It's not going to happen, those guys were in their prime when they made it to the finals. They need to change it up because they know if they didn't win it a few years back with that core, it won't happen in the next years either.

As for us, plenty of our guys are still just outside their prime or entering it. We aren't stale because our guys have passed their contending window. There's no buzz because the coaching staff has made sure everybody on the roster regressed and the management upstairs is running the show upside down. It isn't too late to salvage, so hopefully we can turn back into the right direction.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Price is the only reason we're in the playoffs. Therrien has lost the team and needs to go. The team also needs a real leader and I don't think we've got one in the locker room.

I think we have good leaders. Plekanec, for example seems like a tremendous leader, on the ice. In the room, its all speculation. Markov seems like another calm leader too.

I just think we have another case of some players who are in disagreement with the coaching that are bringing the team down and some player that are ridiculously hard to coach like the Patches/DD couple.

HabFanInLeafLand

Jan 28, 2014
ON
So if MaxPac is our most productive forward and on pace for a 53 point season...

When was the last time a team made the playoffs with no 60 point forwards?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So if MaxPac is our most productive forward and on pace for a 53 point season...

I can tell the last time we did -- The Théo Vezina season with our best scorer being Yanic Perreault.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Last season St-Louis only had 60 pts.
So every NHL teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad