News Article: Therrien And Briere

WG

Sep 9, 2008
So, Therrible is a deplorable person. And the sun will rise tomorrow and water is wet.

On another note, here's everyone's periodic reminder that noted talent evaluator Marc Bergevin never wanted anything to do with Jaromir Jagr, but almost broke a wrist getting shitty Briere signed to a contract despite the fact that Briere was concussed, washed up, and to boot, was a guy his reprobate coach wanted nothing to do with. Your Montreal Canadiens, everybody.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
This should come as a surprise to no one. I can't believe there were people still defending the guy up until the day he was fired. I would love to hear PK's unfiltered comments about his experience with him and MB. Would be really enlightening.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I still think that the reason subban got traded is not because of Therrien but Pacioretty
I think alot of people had a hand in the PK trade. Bargain bin and Therrible had a problem with PK before they were hired. To think we lost PK largely in part to these small minded idiots. PK and Patches had a beef there's no doubt about that but it was the two knuckleheads in charge that wanted him gone.

Last edited:

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Therrien was always a POS even when he coached in the Q. Him and his fellow bully owners of the Laval Titans would always threaten referees. Even so far as to going into parking lot after memorial cup loss and blocking the exit for referee Luc Lachapelle where they smashed the window of his car and grabbed the late Luc Lachapelle by the throat. Therrien and Morissette biggest POS's.

http://collections.banq.qc.ca/lapresse/src/cahiers/1994/11/17/06/82812_1994111706.pdf

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I still think that the reason subban got traded is not because of Therrien but Pacioretty
Therrien was on Antichambre regularly trashing Subban before he was even hired as the coach.
Then you see how Therrien used him when PK came in late due to negotiations, his comments about him over the years, refusing to endorse him for Team Canada, singling him out at every opportunity, etc.

I think Subban and Pacioretty have two opposite personalities and people maybe confuse that for hate, but I don't think there was anything between the two. There are two events people use to fuel this rumor. In 2013 POs, Pacioretty made a suicide pass to Subban vs the Sens, the game after Eller's head was taking off by a similar pass. Subban having quick reflexes was able to shield himself a bit so he got knocked down but not hurt. Subban gave Patches an earful about it after and there is nothing wrong with that.
But the media used that to fuel drama. To me that is nothing but classic true teammates talk. Going off on teammates is completely normal.
Another event was PK joking around in the locker announcing the line up, some people were laughing, some weren't, Patches seemingly wasn't. God knows Patches is mister smiles and laughter right..
So the media spun this again.
There is also the "fight" for the Captaincy, which was never a fight. There were two big candidates up for the C, Subban and Patches. So whoever would not get it was probably going to be painted as upset.

It's all BS. There is actually nothing that indicates Patches and Subban had some big rift, to the point where management was forced to choose one.
There is however, overwhelming amount of footage showing Therrien have a very bizarre opinion of Subban.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I’m just shocked that DD spoke out against him. All these years I would have imagined these two had a strong bond, I mean come on, it was super clear that he had preferential treatment, yet Desharnais had this to say about him?! I’m not sure what’s worst. Therrien is probably the reason you had half a decent career Davey boy, but I respect the truth coming out. Doesn’t surprise me in the least, Therrien looked like a major douche, Bergevin protecting him this much says a lot about what kind of man Bergevin is too. I get tough love and all but come on.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Briere was a washed up scrub, MT was probably pissed at MB for wasting valuable cap space and failing to acquire a decent center and took it out on him.
yjHwXZc.png

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Can someone clue me into the toe-nail story?
I have no idea about this one.

Therrien would take his socks and shoes off to cut his toenails on the bus and proceed to throw the nail clippings at the bus driver's face, ears and nose. When Therrien was done clipping his toenails, he curled up into a ball on the seat and farted in the bus drivers face all the way to Quebec.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Many many players have come out to say how a jerk Michel Therrien really is....
From juniors to NHL, same stories pop up here and there about that coach.

That's why he's still out of a job. Can't believe how long he last especially for a coach preaching about attitude while having one of the worst attitude in the room. He truly was an idiot.

Not a fan of Therrien, but they actually loved him in Laval. BGL and Cube said as much. And they won the Memorial cup.

I mean, not saying he's not a jerk but...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not a fan of Therrien, but they actually loved him in Laval. BGL and Cube said as much. And they won the Memorial cup.

I mean, not saying he's not a jerk but...
I think it's one thing when you're dealing with kids, very different when those kids reach their 20s+ and start feeling more and more like adults.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad