News Article: Therrien And Briere

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Man, I thought Therrien was a bad coach, but this sounds really unproductive. I'm baffled it took as long as it did for him to lose the room.

Translation, please...

Paraphrasing here, but Desharnais is saying that Therrien called players into his office two hours prior to a game to tell players what they did wrong the previous game instead of during practice. So guys who had bad previous games started the next one frustrated and angry.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
That stinks! That absolutely stinks!
Why, if you read my comment you see i have consistantly said MB treat people at a double standards. And for that he should be go. I am just a realist and accepted this for a fact till there is a house cleaning. The problems are way bigger then that in this province, but it is what it is..obviously i am not the one changing that

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Settle down, folks. We should hear Therrien's side of the story before .... ah, eff-it, this is EXACTLY the type of behaviour that I suspected was going on. Bottle of the barrel coach.

The low point for me, as a fan, was hearing Molson read that statement and mention Bergevin *and Therrien* as the heads of hockey operations. I knew the team was doomed!

I'm baffled it took as long as it did for him to lose the room.

He lost the room in 2015-16 season. The Price injury was only part of the problem

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
If we go a while back, I told you guys I had heard things at that QMJHL alumni party that went along the lines of DD and Therrien NOT being the item you people thought they were.

Happy to see that confirmed.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This is also the reason why Julien BriseBois should be the next GM. It shouldn’t be someone like Bergevin whose entire career was in hockey and part of a culture that thinks it’s acceptable to berate and degrade people. This isn’t the 80s anymore. Give me an intelligent forward thinking management type rather than old school chauvinism.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Man, I thought Therrien was a bad coach, but this sounds really unproductive. I'm baffled it took as long as it did for him to lose the room.

Paraphrasing here, but Desharnais is saying that Therrien called players into his office two hours prior to a game to tell players what they did wrong the previous game instead of during practice. So guys who had bad previous games started the next one frustrated and angry.
Thanks...the legend grows, and grows...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Puts in perspective why he thought Bill Lindsay was an option for an OT playoff game.
Lindsay loses the OT draw, and the Canes scored and we lost the game...meanwhile the #1 face off guy in the league in Yanik Perrault is on the bench...will never forget that idiot's decisions back in the day.............and then bring him back years later, to make more idiotic decisions...

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Not surprising at all. It’s well known the guy is a grade A - POS. The fact that he was hired and backed by our idiotic GM is also not surprising.

Both buffoons.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
In a nutshell, Briere told Therrien to give him a shot on the shootout since he has taken about 50 shots in the shootout with the Flyers, next day Therrien has 11 out of 13 players practicing for the shootout. The two that were left out were Briere and Parros lol.

Thanks for the info.

Jeese, had no idea MT did that...what a buffoon. Seriously happy we have Julien instead, and I don't even like Julien!

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Why, if you read my comment you see i have consistantly said MB treat people at a double standards. And for that he should be go. I am just a realist and accepted this for a fact till there is a house cleaning. The problems are way bigger then that in this province, but it is what it is..obviously i am not the one changing that
I was actually having a little fun with your typo. Go back and check the spelling in your original post.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
The Briere/Murray/Parros summer was the thing that got me to pull way back on following the team, and hockey in general. Therrien being hired off of the Antichambre armchair was a worrying sign but those 3 acquisitions added to Therrien made it clear to me Bergevin was going to waste the best Habs core of players we've seen since before Houle tore things down.

That 2013-14 team performed was a very bad team carried by Price's brilliance (even Subban was a sub-50% Corsi player) The system was terrible, terrible players like Briere, Bouillion, Bourque and Murray were playing way too many minutes. They had the playoff run but that was mostly Price and a fair bit of luck, they were never good.

I can't help but wonder if a lot of Therrien's frustration with Briere came down to him and Bergevin thinking Briere still be the guy who landed that $52 million contract when it was clear from a simple examination of the underlying numbers that Briere was already finished and had been carried by suprerior linemates in soft minutes in his last couple of years in Philly.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Julien might have many faults, but being impolite disrespective to this point he is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00