News Article: Therrien And Briere

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
This is Bergevin’s legacy, hiring his pals at any cost.

In the end you could almost see players quitting on Therrien, especially Price.
HIring is not the problem, Keeping him is the problem. If this happened with briere, i wonder now further why vanek played on the 4th line during the playoff run

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Seems like MT really had a personal dislike for Briere. I would have to guess that there's way more to this story. MT's head coaching career starts in the Q the same time Briere was there in the mid 90s and then then like 15 years together in the NHL.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Daniel Brière écorche Michel Therrien dans un livre, l’entraîneur réagit

Desharnais adding his 2 cents :

« C'était la façon de fonctionner de Michel. Si tu connaissais un match ordinaire, il ne te rencontrait pas lors de l'entraînement suivant pour clarifier les choses ou pour te donner des outils afin d'améliorer ton jeu [...] Pierre Gervais venait te chercher deux heures avant le match [pour t'amener voir Therrien]. Puis là, il te rentrait dedans! Tu te faisais remettre tes erreurs dans la gorge et tu te faisais ramasser juste avant le match. Ensuite, tu commençais ton match en étant frustré, fâché, sans être concentré sur la tâche à accomplir. » - David Desharnais
Translation, please...

Reactions: CalgarySnow

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Those videos make me like Therrien more...lol...I believe it was he who said you gotta know which players need a pat on the back and which ones need a kick in the arse. I couldn't imagine him treating someone like Gally or Byron like that
Therrien was an idiot, if he was an NFL coach he would of told Dan Marino that he needs to be a scrambling quarterback.

Reactions: Hockey POTUS

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
OMG, in sports or even in life. For a team to have succes, you need everybody to feel important about their impact in the succes of the team. These comments feel like it was the opposite in Therrien team. Another thing about the "we are a grinding team" He is basically saying to his players that they suck (its a bit true) that cant be good. U can always question the effort level of your players, but questionning their skills levels is one of the worst thing to do.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
HIring is not the problem, Keeping him is the problem. If this happened with briere, i wonder now further why vanek played on the 4th line during the playoff run

Vanek was horrible during those playoffs, that's the main reason why he played on the 4th line

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Sorry, my brain is fried...has been fried for a long time...what's this about a shootout thing?
In a nutshell, Briere told Therrien to give him a shot on the shootout since he has taken about 50 shots in the shootout with the Flyers, next day Therrien has 11 out of 13 players practicing for the shootout. The two that were left out were Briere and Parros lol.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
OMG, in sports or even in life. For a team to have succes, you need everybody to feel important about their impact in the succes of the team. These comments feel like it was the opposite in Therrien team. Another thing about the "we are a grinding team" He is basically saying to his players that they suck (its a bit true) that cant be good. U can always question the effort level of your players, but questionning their skills levels is one of the worst thing to do.

Wasnt true at the time. The Habs were a hell of a team back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00