LeBrun: There's hope Schmidt gets traded before tomorrow- Boston/NYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Played like a #4 instead of a #2/#3 this year and he wants out. If he didnt have so many years on his contract teams would be jumping all over this

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Why is Vancouver so anxious to move him after just one year and signing him to this contract .I think the Bruins should be skeptical , taking on that contract , that they don't have the cap space but..........

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Dear Mr. Benning, please phone Mr. Schmidt and read out the following statement:

"Nate, we're sorry you don't like it here. We value what you bring to the team, and think you'd be a great complement to the moves we made this summer. We made some inquiries, but the interest just isn't there to move you for what we perceive to be fair value, so won't be trading you. If you continue to feel this way in the new year, we can explore this again as we approach the trade deadline, but for now, we think it's on all parties interest for you to showcase what you can accomplish on our team with the improvements we made to the roster."

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Dear Mr. Benning, please phone Mr. Schmidt and read out the following statement:

"Nate, we're sorry you don't like it here. We value what you bring to the team, and think you'd be a great complement to the moves we made this summer. We made some inquiries, but the interest just isn't there to move you for what we perceive to be fair value, so won't be trading you. If you continue to feel this way in the new year, we can explore this again as we approach the trade deadline, but for now, we think it's on all parties interest for you to showcase what you can accomplish on our team with the improvements we made to the roster."

I am no Vancouver expert but it always felt like to me this was about trading to open capspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad