LeBrun: There's hope Schmidt gets traded before tomorrow- Boston/NYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Leo and/or Hickey is my guess to be involved from a cap standpoint

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't see how 6MAAV fits NYI's 2nd pairing. Not without money going back. Not with Pelech left to sign. Maybe later in the offseason.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Wont return much, IMO. Same reasons as last time. Limited market because of NTC, Vancouver probably isnt interested in taking back salary, etc. His declining production in Vancouver probably wont help either, but most of that was usage.

Obviously Vancouver can do better by taking back salary.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I don't see how 6MAAV fits NYI's 2nd pairing. Not without money going back. Not with Pelech left to sign. Maybe later in the offseason.
It doesn’t at all without a contract going back and retention. Too much term to take on at full value.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Don't see it for the Islanders; can't fit him into their cap unless significant money or a bad contract goes back.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The "Trotz connection" doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Barry Trotz barely played Schmidt, keeping him as a low-minute 3rd pairing D or sometimes even a healthy scratch (including scratching him for Mike Weber or an obviously-injured Karl Alzner in the playoffs).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't really see the fit with NYI. They just traded Leddy (a similar-ish player with a slightly smaller cap hit) away for cap space. Addiing Schmidt just undoes that.

Boston clearly has a spot available in the top-four and have the cap space. But I can't imagine they want to pay much. Maybe like Clifton and a late pick.

I thought Reilly was a nice fit for them though. Boston fans, is there any word on Reilly re-signing?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think the Canucks would be very happy with a draft pick/prospect return as I feel they have a lot of irons in the for free agency and or other trades and want the cap space.

I think it will something like

Connor Clifton and a 4th rnd pick for Schmidt

Its too bad he refused to waive for Winnipeg as I believe thats the place we could have received good value.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
A guy like Gudas would fit our needs much more than Schmidt does

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Schmidt for Debrusk (15% retained), Moore and Frederic?

Cap hit is a wash essentially but what I don't know is if the Bruins are counting on Moore's LTIR money, or honestly how valued Frederic is.

It leaves the Canucks so so so weak on defense, but potentially bolsters forward depth so it feels like a Benning move.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't really see the fit with NYI. They just traded Leddy (a similar-ish player with a slightly smaller cap hit) away for cap space. Addiing Schmidt just undoes that.

Boston clearly has a spot available in the top-four and have the cap space. But I can't imagine they want to pay much. Maybe like Clifton and a late pick.

I thought Reilly was a nice fit for them though. Boston fans, is there any word on Reilly re-signing?

I hope not.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Schmidt for Debrusk (15% retained), Moore and Frederic?

Cap hit is a wash essentially but what I don't know is if the Bruins are counting on Moore's LTIR money, or honestly how valued Frederic is.

It leaves the Canucks so so so weak on defense, but potentially bolsters forward depth so it feels like a Benning move.
Nope. How about Schmidt for a 4th round pick? You're not getting great assets, let a lone a package of them, for that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad