"There's different pitches of yelling," said Iginla...

Reasoned Opinion

May 21, 2009
Logic Land
Damn, that sucks for Iginla. :p:

Oh well, no shame in trying to be this generation's Marcel Dionne.
Iginla is a classy guy and deserves better than his current fate. He is too old to go through another rebuilding phase. Who knows, Sutte may do the right thing tomorrow and give Iggy a legitimate chance at a cup.....who knows.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I noticed the scream last night after seeing the replay a few hundred times on the TV.

It's pretty amazing how clear it is.
Same here. I mustve watched the clip a dozen times today, and I never once noticed it. I guess I just assumed it was some random fan, but it is incredible that its so clear

Gives me goosebumps and fills me with pride to watch it again and relive that moment :nod:

Last edited:

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
When I saw that it was Crosby, my head exploded and I shat my pants synchronously. ****, we all jumped in the air and started high-fiving each other's heads.

:laugh: sums up my feelings well. I threw my hands up and yelled when they scored, but when i realized it was Crosby who had potted it I was almost speechless for a second, almost like I could not believe it because it was so damn perfect and just how I wanted it to end. As a pens fan, that realization was the extra layer of icing to what was already a ****ing awesome cake.

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
I know what they mean about not exactly seeing it go in, just hearing the crowd. I don't remember what I yelled, something like, "He got it! It was Crosby!" but the three of us in my living room were all jumping up and screaming. :laugh: It took until like the fifth replay before we calmed down enough to figure out what had happened.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm trying to re-live that moment right now and it's so ****ing awesome.

On a side note, I'm so glad Chris Cuthbert called that game, and not Gord Miller.

Cuthbert's the best in the biz for me.

The best thing about the bronze medal game the night before between Finland and Slovakia, was that Gord Miller was calilng it, freeing up Chris Cuthbert for the Sunday final.

He is without doubt one of the best, if not THE BEST in the business. Apart of what made Sunday's final so epic was Cuthbert's calls on the goals.

It's been quite a year for Chris already - he called the Grey Cup Final as well, and did an outstanding job of that unbelievable fiinish from that game as well.

Let's not forget:

"Canada's games have their Crowning Moment"

Way to go Chris.

I didn't even notice the yell until after.

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
The best thing about the bronze medal game the night before between Finland and Slovakia, was that Gord Miller was calilng it, freeing up Chris Cuthbert for the Sunday final

When Cuthbert signed with CTV/TSN from CBC, he had it written into his contract that he got to call the gold medal game at the Olympics. Probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if it'd been Slovakia vs. Finland. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad