Seravalli: "There are growing concerns that some Canadian Teams are handcuffed at the TDL because of No Trade Clauses" Vetoing trades to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Montreal is a complete different issue. It’s a beautiful place but unless you’re a French Canadian you’ll never really “like it”

Hmm, when I go to montreal, I never really think of it as "french". Quebec city, yes, but not montreal.

In my experience, it seems like almost everyone in Montreal speaks English and French.

It's the most bilingual place I've ever visited.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Just because they speak both languages doesn't mean they will.

What's your experience with Montreal? Because that's a crock of shit. Clerks in stores literally greet you with Bonjour/Hi over half the time.

Everyone speaks to me in English. My French is so bad that I'm to embarrassed to use it.

That poster is either lying or ignorant. Everyone speaks to my wife in English as well. It's not a thing.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
These are lists from 2015, 2016 and 2017 of Top 5 cities Free Agents have on their no trade lists:

2015- Most common no-trade destinations

2016- Which teams appear most frequently on no-trade lists?

2017- Jets top the ranks of teams on no-trade lists

I couldn't find anything more recent.

The anonymous player poll by The Athletic has some interesting info.

For players most favorite road city to play in, Canada has 2 cities in the top 5 - Montreal at 3rd and Vancouver at 5th. For the players least favorite road city to play in, Winnipeg is by far #1, Ottawa is #2, Calgary is #6 and Edmonton is #8.

Reactions: RooBicks

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
The lists you posted are from 6,7,8 years ago. The list I quoted is from 2023. The Flames didn't appear on it then either. They do now.

You keep talking about this list you've quoted yet you haven't cited it a single time lol. I'd love to see this list that has Montreal near the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad