Post-Game Talk: Them(Carolina) VS Us(Washington) - Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Man, reading the barrage of negativity and people ripping into players/coaches... When I see the same posters in a GDT with score 6-0 Caps all I can think is 'Why don't you get the **** out?'

You take a giant **** on the team after every tiny setback, you don't deserve to enjoy an ounce of success.
Just be glad you don't have to be them. Must be miserable.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I called Caps in 7 so I’ll take the blame for this one!

Carolina is good. Really good. Their forwards aren’t fantastic but all 6 of their D can play and they never let up.

Also I’m going to say I think the refs may have got that call right. He pushed his pad, and even if the puck isn’t covered you can’t push a goalie’s pad with your stick. But it still rules that Ovie showed up the refs because let’s be honest, NHL refs suck.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
LOL, Joe B calls for the opposite angle shot and they won’t show it again. The one time I saw it sure looked like the puck was loose between the knee protectors.

Also pointed out that it is typically called that way when a goalie is in control/covered of the puck and they get shoved over in control/covered.

Oh, also add a goal scored by a player that should be suspended!

Reactions: calicapsfan

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I believe the Caps will win game 7.
Carolina will play like they have nothing to lose again. I really felt like game 5 could have gone very differently, if it goes the other way early in game 7 we are in trouble. I felt this was the game to win the series.

We don’t respond well to teams hustling, pressuring the puck. We have to counter with our own pressure so they don’t have the same energy. Brind’Amour told his team to leave nothing on the table; I have no idea whatsoever what Reirden told his team.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County

Again, there are no conclusions to draw from one game/series/ postseason to another.

And before you pull the #Trotz! Excuse, what was his record before 2018?

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Reirden never ever should have been hired. Was very clear that our approach was to play conservatively and it was beyond stupid. We were not going to win like that, fed into Carolina’s momentum and fed the crowd. He badly screwed the pooch. Not to mention having no approach to Carolina stacking the blue line. The chips were mostly misplaced, guys were not in position to support each each other on the cycle, we weren’t finding the soft spots in the offensive zone. Reirden simply does not have them prepared.

haha Who do you think won the Cup last year? That unemotional stone-faced Trotz with the dancing eyebrows who played broken Alzner over Schmidt and kept Willy on the 4th line in the playoffs vs Pens and didn't get past the 2nd round for 4 years? Let's beat that dead horse some more.

1) Canes and their lucky bounces (Jdub made 1 good play)
2) Goal called back
3) Could of easily gone into OT
4) Kempny - Out
5) Oshie - Out

But it's all on TR. Riiiighhhhht.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Man, reading the barrage of negativity and people ripping into players/coaches... When I see the same posters in a GDT with score 6-0 Caps all I can think is 'Why don't you get the **** out?'

You take a giant **** on the team after every tiny setback, you don't deserve to enjoy an ounce of success.
You're right. Was guilty by myself. In our defense, that's how we cope with bad emotions: typing on this board ;)

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

Again, there are no conclusions to draw from one game/series/ postseason to another.

And before you pull the #Trotz! Excuse, what was his record before 2018?

I literally am willing to put a fair piece of this on that absolute embarrassment that is a rink in Raleigh.

When our PP is is almost 50% at home but 0 for everything in NC that says it all.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

This is how I see it too. It sucks but the puck being loose isn’t a factor. It’s whether he pushed the pad with the stick.

Either way the second line needs to be better. Kuzy has stunk but neither Vrana nor Hagelin are getting the job done either. I’d very strongly consider flipping 65 for either 13 or 62

Reactions: Leksand

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Carolina is good. Really good. Their forwards aren’t fantastic but all 6 of their D can play and they never let up.

Also I’m going to say I think the refs may have got that call right. He pushed his pad, and even if the puck isn’t covered you can’t push a goalie’s pad with your stick. But it still rules that Ovie showed up the refs because let’s be honest, NHL refs suck.
But didn't he hit the puck and the pad? That happens all the time in scrums like that.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
haha Who do you think won the Cup last year? That unemotional stone-faced Trotz with the dancing eyebrows who played broken Alzner over Schmidt and kept Willy on the 4th line in the playoffs vs Pens and didn't get past the 2nd round for 4 years? Let's beat that dead horse some more.

1) Canes and their lucky bounces (Jdub made 1 good play)
2) Goal called back
3) Could of easily gone into OT
4) Kempny - Out
5) Oshie - Out

But it's all on TR. Riiiighhhhht.
Put Stall’s goal under the dumb bounce column. Cane player drive bying the net had the puck bounce off his skate right to the area by Stall’s stick.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
So Ovie only walks defenders when he's pissed? First time in a long time he got that stickhandle to work

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That call was absolutely atrocious. However, Kuz and Vrana need to show up or they aren’t going anywhere. Vrana has been just as big of a no show as Kuz has

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL

Same :help:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Carolina will play like they have nothing to lose again. I really felt like game 5 could have gone very differently, if it goes the other way early in game 7 we are in trouble. I felt this was the game to win the series.

We don’t respond well to teams hustling, pressuring the puck. We have to counter with our own pressure so they don’t have the same energy. Brind’Amour told his team to leave nothing on the table; I have no idea whatsoever what Reirden told his team.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. The Caps learned last year how to play under pressure as a team no matter who coaches this team.

Reactions: RandyHolt

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Put Stall’s goal under the dumb bounce column. Cane player drive bying the net had the puck bounce off his skate right to the area by Stall’s stick.

The thing about dumb bounces is that you get those bounces when you throw the puck on the net a lot. Caps need better breakouts and honestly only 9 and to a lesser extent 74 have been capable of leading a zone exit. It’s going to take a 5 man unit exiting the zone because the D alone have shown they can’t handle it.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
For all the whining about Kuzy, at least he got some pucks to the front of the net.

His poor decision making, turnovers, and crappy passes got quite a few pucks to the front of OUR net as well.
There are NO excuses good enough unless he is injured. He needs to be one of our best players every single game, and he's not.

JediJew12

Apr 16, 2019
There are good a bad things to take away from this game. Unfortunately, more bad, but there is still hockey left to play. If we carry our play from the 1st period throughout the game, we are shaking hands right now. We will win this one at home on Wednesday. Lets go boys!

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
“At the very least”. He’s been bad this playoffs so far ya gotta admit.

He is clearly not his usual dynamic self, which should be all you need to know to figure out why.

IIRC he had lingering effects from a concussion for much of the season... and didn't he take a dirty elbow to the jaw by the Canes biggest player, early in the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad