Post-Game Talk: Them(Carolina) VS Us(Washington) - Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I’ll laugh when the game is called moderately even on ice that is better than my local pond and the Canes get curb stomped.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Good game by Carolina. Caps 0-4 in game 7 at home in Ovi era. I know it’s “at home” and “in the Ovi era” and actually has no bearing whatsoever on the result but hey they won he Cup. IF They lose in the first round then they lose. Happened to Boston (by the Caps) and others too. At least they weren’t swept like Pit and Bolts. I mean it happens sometimes. Carolina has been so good since the new year and caps couldn’t beat them at home. On to game 7 hoping to be 1-4 after this. Hopefully Justin Williams doesn’t go into beast mode.
They won in game 7 at home against the Rangers in '09.

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
Reirden never ever should have been hired. Was very clear that our approach was to play conservatively and it was beyond stupid. We were not going to win like that, fed into Carolina’s momentum and fed the crowd. He badly screwed the pooch. Not to mention having no approach to Carolina stacking the blue line. The chips were mostly misplaced, guys were not in position to support each each other on the cycle, we weren’t finding the soft spots in the offensive zone. Reirden simply does not have them prepared.
I don’t think it’s Reirden’s problem. It’s execution at this point. Kuznetzov and Varna have been disappointing.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
They're not lazy but the intensity level just falls away with them. After Ovie scored to make it 2-1 they went to sleep and let the Canes take over. Then it's tied 2-2 and suddenly they are like "oh **** we need to try and win again".
Then zzz back to sleep. I watched most of the game after we led 2-1 thinking "They are playing like they want it to go to a game 7 at home".

Or our Defenseman gets his stick caught in a rut and they score lol

Listen, the Caps didn’t play well. My point isn’t even related to this game but the whole thing is just random. Every year. Both teams are trying. Hard lol.

It’s a good series. But again, you guys sit around and scapegoat the coach whenever some random shit happens because he’s not Barry Trotz. I get it. It’s better to have someone to blame but what we’re watching has built in randomness in it that rears its head and the refs’ ineptitude makes it worse

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Well time to celebrate a series win on home ice. Looking forward to the hand shake line in front of the Rockin Reds!

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Eh, Stall and Williams goals were dumb f***ing luck and Seig took a slash while attempting to clear the puck Refs completely blew the Ovie no goal call too.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Everything about today and this game was f***ing bad. I will go list it, and then make some claims, and then move on

1. People need to stop with the “it’s over we got this, GG Canes crap. Nothing is over until a team actually wins 4 games.

2. We need to find out why the board Nazi’s keep changing the name of the thread. NOT COOL. Even a little bit.

3. Let’s decide what we need to do to name the thread correctly, get it done ASAP, and then make sure the Nazi’s leave is alone.

4. @AlexBrovechkin8 — it’s time. We all need to decide a GDT and you start it. No more f***ing around.

5. That waived off goal was the biggest joke I’ve seen in a long long long time. I don’t care the reasons, and I don’t want to hear justifications over why it didn’t count. That was cheating. Period. Game was 3-3 w 10min left. Caps got bent over. Period.

6. Caps are as angry as I am. I can see that. Good. Game 7 needs to be follow OUR script. Not this BS everyone else is foisting on top of the team.

7. Game 7. Enough said

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Man, reading the barrage of negativity and people ripping into players/coaches... When I see the same posters in a GDT with score 6-0 Caps all I can think is 'Why don't you get the **** out?'

You take a giant **** on the team after every tiny setback, you don't deserve to enjoy an ounce of success.
Step down from the soap-box. Folks on here have been fans for decades. People deal with it differently, no wrong or right way.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Everything about today and this game was ****ing bad. I will go list it, and then make some claims, and then move on

1. People need to stop with the “it’s over we got this, GG Canes crap. Nothing is over until a team actually wins 4 games.

2. We need to find out why the board Nazi’s keep changing the name of the thread. NOT COOL. Even a little bit.

3. Let’s decide what we need to do to name the thread correctly, get it done ASAP, and then make sure the Nazi’s leave is alone.

4. @AlexBrovechkin8 — it’s time. We all need to decide a GDT and you start it. No more ****ing around.

5. That waived off goal was the biggest joke I’ve seen in a long long long time. I don’t care the reasons, and I don’t want to hear justifications over why it didn’t count. That was cheating. Period. Game was 3-3 w 10min left. Caps got bent over. Period.

6. Caps are as angry as I am. I can see that. Good. Game 7 needs to be follow OUR script. Not this BS everyone else is foisting on top of the team.

7. Game 7. Enough said

Good post.

JediJew12

Apr 16, 2019
Ref comments aside, we lost two leads in an elimination game. Only thing we can blame is our bad hockey after the 1st. Why does our power play look like such trash at PNC? Our zone entries are absolutely painful to watch.

Reactions: JMUcapsfan07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad