Post-Game Talk: Them(Carolina) VS Us(Washington) - Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Reirden never ever should have been hired. Was very clear that our approach was to play conservatively and it was beyond stupid. We were not going to win like that, fed into Carolina’s momentum and fed the crowd. He badly screwed the pooch. Not to mention having no approach to Carolina stacking the blue line. The chips were mostly misplaced, guys were not in position to support each each other on the cycle, we weren’t finding the soft spots in the offensive zone. Reirden simply does not have them prepared.

Reactions: Firsov99

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
I hate to say it, but game seven at home, and vs a lesser opponent.

Is that why the pens won back to back, you had runs by many teams like the oilers, Detroit, Chicago, islanders, Phili? Is that why teams trade for tallent at the deadline? Because it’s all luck? Get out of here with that crap

I don’t care about series that happened back when the league was the UFC or when teams hoarded great players based on territorial advantages

None of this matters. Have to win game 7 (pray we get Bounces)

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
On tbat last highlight it showed the puck was in front of Mracsek free between his two pads and not under the pads. He didn't know where the puck was never had any possession of it and turned towards his own goal when Ovechkin reached under the pad and pushed the puck that was free and not in Mracsek's possession intothe goal. The little time that the refs spent reviewing the play is quite telling, they lacked the courage to call it correctly.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I don't have the local feed.

Locker said Ovi hit the pad first, but then JoeB went on and on saying but Ovi didn't push the pad into the net... admitted he had homer googles etc, but was adamant. Locker kind of bit his tongue.

I don't doubt the goals happen like that often, but it was a lot more common in the Dale era. I am sure we will get the exact rule here soon enough.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Reirden never ever should have been hired. Was very clear that our approach was to play conservatively and it was beyond stupid. We were not going to win like that, fed into Carolina’s momentum and fed the crowd. He badly screwed the pooch. Not to mention having no approach to Carolina stacking the blue line. The chips were mostly misplaced, guys were not in position to support each each other on the cycle, we weren’t finding the soft spots in the offensive zone. Reirden simply does not have them prepared.

Lot of drama there

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Look at their secondary scoring then and look at it when they don’t win. That is what it boils down to. Yes, you need elite talent but you need randos to have the series of their lives

We don’t get that now but did last year.

It helps to suck enough to get high lottery picks as well

I never bought the lazy argument because it’s silly.

They're not lazy but the intensity level just falls away with them. After Ovie scored to make it 2-1 they went to sleep and let the Canes take over. Then it's tied 2-2 and suddenly they are like "oh f*** we need to try and win again".
Then zzz back to sleep. I watched most of the game after we led 2-1 thinking "They are playing like they want it to go to a game 7 at home".

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
Good game by Carolina. Caps 0-4 in game 7 at home in Ovi era. I know it’s “at home” and “in the Ovi era” and actually has no bearing whatsoever on the result but hey they won he Cup. IF They lose in the first round then they lose. Happened to Boston (by the Caps) and others too. At least they weren’t swept like Pit and Bolts. I mean it happens sometimes. Carolina has been so good since the new year and caps couldn’t beat them at home. On to game 7 hoping to be 1-4 after this. Hopefully Justin Williams doesn’t go into beast mode.

Reactions: calicapsfan

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Ugh. This team has lots of problems right now. Vrana, Kuzy, etc. I also happen to think the coaching staff is lacking. I’ve said it all year and I’ve never said anything else of the sort. I don’t give AF about Trotz so don’t mention him.

Reactions: Corby78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad