Post-Game Talk: Them(Carolina) VS Us(Washington) - Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
His poor decision making, turnovers, and crappy passes got quite a few pucks to the front of OUR net as well.
There are NO excuses good enough unless he is injured. He needs to be one of our best players every single game, and he's not.

Maybe you missed him taking a dirty elbow to jaw early in the series. IIRC, he was concussed earlier this year as well.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. The Caps learned last year how to play under pressure as a team no matter who coaches this team.
The difference between last year and this year was better play in the neutral zone and better pressure in the offensive zone. A lot of Kuzy weaving through teams. Save game 5 we’ve been timid in their zone.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
It was bound to happy. I was fully planing on the game 7. It was a coin flip game and predictable until the refs wanted to be more important then ovechkin

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He always admitted to not always playing hard so there’s a pretty good chance he’s just not giving a full ****

I thought about that. That elbow erased my last bit of doubt.

I think it would be good for some to lower their Conn Smythe expectations he faces based on last year. Not many guys win that award. And not many guys can survive a elbow to the jaw from Dougie, without feeling effects.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I thought about that. That elbow erased my last bit of doubt.

I think it would be good for some to lower their Conn Smythe expectations he faces based on last year. Not many guys win that award. And not many guys can survive a elbow to the jaw from Dougie, without feeling effects.
And he’s still a PPG player this series as bad as people think he is

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
D4zTEM-XoAEF3IV.png:large

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
And he’s still a PPG player this series as bad as people think he is

He just now faces Conn expectations. And probably some credit is due to Carolina, no matter if he is ailing or not.

So a head is concussed. What is the last thing you do, shake your head. Someone here posted about a lack of head fakes from him, especially on breaks etc. I think that may be a good tell to watch for.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
He just now faces Conn expectations. And probably some credit is due to Carolina, no matter if he is ailing or not.

So a head is concussed. What is the last thing you do, shake your head. Someone here posted about a lack of head fakes from him, especially on breaks etc. I think that may be a good tell to watch for.
That was a pretty slick move he had on the Ovi non-goal

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
To anybody griping about HCTR's personality:

I don't give two shits about a coach's personality based on what we fans may see in interviews &tc.

I want a coach who knows the sport, who can plan strategy and tactics with his assistants, who can relate to his players at the right times and in the appropriate settings, who can listen to advice and make adjustments as situations change, and so on. Torts is a great personality, and may be a good coach in certain situations. Doesn't matter how he does in-game interviews or looks on camera.

I'd rather have Todd as the Caps' coach in the current situation.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Everything about today and this game was ****ing bad. I will go list it, and then make some claims, and then move on

1. People need to stop with the “it’s over we got this, GG Canes crap. Nothing is over until a team actually wins 4 games.

2. We need to find out why the board Nazi’s keep changing the name of the thread. NOT COOL. Even a little bit.

3. Let’s decide what we need to do to name the thread correctly, get it done ASAP, and then make sure the Nazi’s leave is alone.

4. @AlexBrovechkin8 — it’s time. We all need to decide a GDT and you start it. No more ****ing around.

5. That waived off goal was the biggest joke I’ve seen in a long long long time. I don’t care the reasons, and I don’t want to hear justifications over why it didn’t count. That was cheating. Period. Game was 3-3 w 10min left. Caps got bent over. Period.

6. Caps are as angry as I am. I can see that. Good. Game 7 needs to be follow OUR script. Not this BS everyone else is foisting on top of the team.

7. Game 7. Enough said
Per the admins the GDT titles need to at least name the teams or cities because "The vague GDTS are bad for the site. Search engine results, linking, sharing on social media. It's all affected by the title.
The OP itself doesn't matter."

If you wish to inquire further, PM me.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That was a pretty slick move he had on the Ovi non-goal

Yep. He is showing flashes but is inconsistent and has not been a game breaker. Maybe we see the bird to win it on Wednesday.

I am sure many remember Oshie last regular season, clearly playing through a butt check concussion. He looked like he was playing drunk for months.

The canes may be due a little credit than we give, as they have a solid D. Its never easy to credit the other team, but they get paid, too. ~ Once a year we'll admit an opponent made a nice play.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
To anybody griping about HCTR's personality:

I don't give two ****s about a coach's personality based on what we fans may see in interviews &tc.

I want a coach who knows the sport, who can plan strategy and tactics with his assistants, who can relate to his players at the right times and in the appropriate settings, who can listen to advice and make adjustments as situations change, and so on. Torts is a great personality, and may be a good coach in certain situations. Doesn't matter how he does in-game interviews or looks on camera.

I'd rather have Todd as the Caps' coach in the current situation.
Did you mean Torts or Trotz?

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Per the admins the GDTs need to at least name the teams or cities because "The vague GDTS are bad for the site. Search engine results, linking, sharing on social media. It's all affected by the title.

So can we have a "conforming" GDT for search engine purposes and the like, and a "stealth" GDT that our regulars will populate with their insight (you know, like "Fire Rieredenn" and the like)?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
You're right. Was guilty by myself. In our defense, that's how we cope with bad emotions: typing on this board ;)

I mean if there is even one tiny little bit of analysis that goes along with negativity, I don't even mind it. It's the people who say 'This team is a bunch losers' repeatedly after every loss. A season after we all got to celebrate our first Cup, delivered to us by these very players and coaches.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Everything about today and this game was ****ing bad. I will go list it, and then make some claims, and then move on

1. People need to stop with the “it’s over we got this, GG Canes crap. Nothing is over until a team actually wins 4 games.

2. We need to find out why the board Nazi’s keep changing the name of the thread. NOT COOL. Even a little bit.

3. Let’s decide what we need to do to name the thread correctly, get it done ASAP, and then make sure the Nazi’s leave is alone.

4. @AlexBrovechkin8 — it’s time. We all need to decide a GDT and you start it. No more ****ing around.

5. That waived off goal was the biggest joke I’ve seen in a long long long time. I don’t care the reasons, and I don’t want to hear justifications over why it didn’t count. That was cheating. Period. Game was 3-3 w 10min left. Caps got bent over. Period.

6. Caps are as angry as I am. I can see that. Good. Game 7 needs to be follow OUR script. Not this BS everyone else is foisting on top of the team.

7. Game 7. Enough said

tenor.gif

Man, reading the barrage of negativity and people ripping into players/coaches... When I see the same posters in a GDT with score 6-0 Caps all I can think is 'Why don't you get the **** out?'

You take a giant **** on the team after every tiny setback, you don't deserve to enjoy an ounce of success.

clap.gif

They won the god damn Cup for us 10 months ago people. How does that not buy like 5 years of good will? Apparently it doesn't even buy ONE SEASON. :laugh:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Yep. He is showing flashes but is inconsistent and has not been a game breaker. Maybe we see the bird to win it on Wednesday.

Also on that move Kuzy had Mrazeks jockstrap in the goal Crease. Why did he stop his twister move. It’s clear the goalie still over commits when Kuz is going behind the net with speed.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Per the admins the GDT titles need to at least name the teams or cities because "The vague GDTS are bad for the site. Search engine results, linking, sharing on social media. It's all affected by the title.

No need. Let’s figure out what we want it to be. And go from there.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad