Post-Game Talk: Them(Carolina) VS Us(Washington) - Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Because the sports is 99% luck

Depends on how good your grinders and goalie are. It’s literally all luck lol
Pens won 2 cups. Blackhawks 3. Caps last year. In this era.

Top teams tend to get into playoffs too. It’s about hard work as much luck. Caps haven’t worked hard this series.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
We can ***** about those calls - but let’s be honest... caps just didn’t play good enough to win tonight. Carolina wanted it more. They deserved to win.

Reirdon just seems like he has zero personality. Does he even have the personality to get a team up or get going? He’s like a potato behind the bench.
These kind of comments are ridiculous. We have literally no idea what he's like. He was visibly pissed off after the no-goal. What do you want him to do exactly?

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
Time to admit that Todd getting the head job was a massive mistake. Team isn't in a position to try and develop some mediocre rookie coach.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Not even close to true

K

We won the Cup last year because we have elite talent and we had 4-5 guys having the games of their lives

Same with every other Cup winner. See where the Pens are currently without generic Grinder number 7 not scoring 3 rando goals

I love the sport but this whole thing is a crapshoot and the officiating makes it worse

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
All the platitudes and cliches are all bull****

This sport is random and 89% luck and that determines who wins. The best Caps teams have .876 PDOs against the Pens but randomly win last year with a weak team

It’s a random stupid sport that is admittedly great. Wtf knows what happens Wednesday

It’s all a Coin flip
I hear you buddy

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
The replay they just showed ... Ovie's stick touched the pad, but the pad was not on the puck. No harm, no foul.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Gotta give it up to Carolina. They were down twice and fought back in their elimination game. Just finish it in game 7.

I never want to see Carolinas shitty ice though ever again. They should be fined for that to let it be that bad :laugh:

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
We can ***** about those calls - but let’s be honest... caps just didn’t play good enough to win tonight. Carolina wanted it more. They deserved to win.

Reirdon just seems like he has zero personality. Does he even have the personality to get a team up or get going? He’s like a potato behind the bench.

Pretty much. They look like a Jekyll and Hyde team these playoffs while playing at home and on the road.

Going 7 against the Canes isn't a good thing.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Pens won 2 cups. Blackhawks 3. Caps last year. In this era.

Top teams tend to get into playoffs too. It’s about hard work as much luck. Caps haven’t worked hard this series.

Look at their secondary scoring then and look at it when they don’t win. That is what it boils down to. Yes, you need elite talent but you need randos to have the series of their lives

We don’t get that now but did last year.

It helps to suck enough to get high lottery picks as well

I never bought the lazy argument because it’s silly.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ah well regroup for next game. At least we don't have to play in that **** building and **** ice. All SC teams go through a long series before getting there so this is a true test. It won't be any easier so get it out of the way now and take care of business next game.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I hate to say it, but game seven at home, and vs a lesser opponent.
K

We won the Cup last year because we have elite talent and we had 4-5 guys having the games of their lives

Same with every other Cup winner. See where the Pens are currently without generic Grinder number 7 not scoring 3 rando goals

I love the sport but this whole thing is a crapshoot and the officiating makes it worse

Is that why the pens won back to back, you had runs by many teams like the oilers, Detroit, Chicago, islanders, Phili? Is that why teams trade for tallent at the deadline? Because it’s all luck? Get out of here with that crap

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I don’t want to blame bad refs and poor ice. We are 0-3 on the road against a slightly above average team. We might close them out at home, but this type of performance on the road doesn’t bode well for our chances beyond the first round.

Reactions: Blades of Steel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad