OT: TheDizee Prophecy Thread

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Due to all my winnings, I have decided to splurge and celebrate so I will be building a new PC with my winning money.

Thanks to all 3 teams for making me 3/3 this round!!

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Due to all my winnings, I have decided to splurge and celebrate so I will be building a new PC with my winning money.

Thanks to all 3 teams for making me 3/3 this round!!
STL-DAL BLUES IN 7
BOS-CLB BOSTON IN 7
SJ-COL - NO PREDICTION OUT OF PROTEST TO VEGAS SCREWJOB

still awaiting NYI opponent.

CANES WIN!

NYI-CAR I am picking the Canes in 7!!

BLUES-STARS GAME PREDICTIONS:

G1: STARS
G2: BLUES
G3: STARS
G4: STARS
G5: BLUES
G6: BLUES
G7: BLUES

Ahem. Not to rain on your parade, but you made 10 unique predictions related to the 2nd Round, and you were barely above .500 at 6-4. Thankfully a real hero emerged...
I'm going to go with the following:

Blues in 6 over DAL (WLWLWW)
Avalanche in 6 over SJ (LWWWLW)
Blue Jackets in 7 over Boston (LWLWWLW)

If Washington wins tonight, Capitals in 7 over NYI (WLLWWLW)
If Carolina wins tonight, Islanders in 6 over CAR (LWWLWW)
(both subject to change if there is a major injury in Game 7)

@TheDizee I'm willing to put these selections on the line in a username wager with you. Finish your predictions for Round 2 and accept this offer by the time the puck drops in Boston tomorrow night and the one with the best record gets to pick the username that the other has to change theirs to until the end of the playoffs. As a tie breaker, we can use the closest to getting the number of games right but only in the series that we predicted the winner correctly. If you say 7 and it goes 6, it counts as 1. If you say 6 and it goes 7, it still counts as 1. Low score wins the tie breaker.

If I win, you have to change your username to "AlwaysWrong" until the end of the SCF. If you win, I have to change mine to "DizeeRox" or any alternative that is acceptable by HF username standards and criteria. Just nothing that might insult my Drunk Monkey.

You in?
Blues-Stars (6-1)
Avalanche-Sharks (5-1 pending tonight's game)
Blue Jackets-Bruins (3-4)
Islanders-Hurricanes (2-3)
That's a total of 16-9 so far in Round 2. A success rate of 64%

64% > 60%

Your definition of winning has me confused. Those who finish first move on. Those who finish second go home. Bye, Felicia.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
no game is gonna come close to using 16gb

also didnt buy a gpu cause i got a 1080ti

You should double down with your winnings since you are always right :sarcasm: That way you can future proof your PC. The Playstation 5 specs are more powerful than what you are building. If games are being designed for console as the lowest common denominator, as they usual are, you will need a more powerful PC to get the most out of them. PS5 has 24 GB RAM and a graphics card capable of complex Ray-tracing, so you'd need an RTX 2060 minimum staying in the Nvidia family.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You should double down with your winnings since you are always right :sarcasm: That way you can future proof your PC. The Playstation 5 specs are more powerful than what you are building. If games are being designed for console as the lowest common denominator, as they usual are, you will need a more powerful PC to get the most out of them. PS5 has 24 GB RAM and a graphics card capable of complex Ray-tracing, so you'd need an RTX 2060 minimum staying in the Nvidia family.
So, what you're saying here is that he was wrong again?

Reactions: AVictoryDive

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
WEST PICKS:

Blues vs San Jose

G1: SJ
G2: STL
G3: STL
G4: STL
G5: STL

Blues vs Ref Jose
G1: REF JOSE
G2: REF JOSE
G6: REF JOSE
G7: REF JOSE

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
WEST PICKS:

Blues vs San Jose

Blues vs Ref Jose

Wtf... You can't predict both posibilities and then simply defend the final outcome in hindsight.

Either you predict the refs dictate the series and Ref Jose advances to the SCF or you predict that the Blues will overcome both factors and advance.

This both nonsense is worse than not making a prediction to begin with...

Reactions: DoubleK81

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Wtf... You can't predict both posibilities and then simply defend the final outcome in hindsight.

Either you predict the refs dictate the series and Ref Jose advances to the SCF or you predict that the Blues will overcome both factors and advance.

This both nonsense is worse than not making a prediction to begin with...
well the league has a agenda with ref jose so have to prepare for it.

if the refs f*** off, then i have a prediction

if the refs continue their slobbering love affair with ref jose, then i have a prediction

i am covered

Reactions: Bendak

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

if the refs **** off, then i have a prediction

if the refs continue their slobbering love affair with ref jose, then i have a prediction

i am covered
This is weak sauce even for you. I doubt you had any credibility with anyone to begin with, but this will certainly eliminate that.

The way I see it, regardless of the outcome you are wrong.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

if the refs **** off, then i have a prediction

i am covered

That's precisely my point. You've issued a blanket statement. An open ended "prediction" is as bad as not making any prediction and defending it afterwards saying well I didn't issue a wrong prediction, ergo I was right!

So, again - Do you predict the refs dictate the series and Ref Jose advances to the SCF or do you predict that the Blues will overcome both factors and advance?

Or should I just ask @MissouriMook for a prediction, seeing as his (her?) predictions have been better this post-season anyways?

Reactions: MissouriMook

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
WEST PICKS:

Blues vs San Jose

Blues vs Ref Jose

So you're picking 2 different choices out of 2 possible options? No wonder you are always right. I mean, everyone knows you always play both sides and promote the one that turned out right. This time you aren't even bothering to hide it with separate posts.

I'll do the same. I pick either St. Louis or San Jose and in the east, I pick either Carolina or Boston. One of StL, SJ, Car, or Bos will win the cup.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
So you're picking 2 different choices out of 2 possible options? No wonder you are always right. I mean, everyone knows you always play both sides and promote the one that turned out right. This time you aren't even bothering to hide it with separate posts.

I'll do the same. I pick either St. Louis or San Jose and in the east, I pick either Carolina or Boston. One of StL, SJ, Car, or Bos will win the cup.
no team can beat the ref jose sharks. that why they would win in 7

sharks themselves are total dog shit though, easy series for the blues if refs f*** off

if league stops their nonsense officiating, blues will play for the cup and that is my prediction!!

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Blues in 6 (WLWLWW)
Bruins in 6 (WWLLWW)

Yes, I’m actually making unconditional picks because only unserious hacks with no credibility and no character make conditional picks.

We should probably rename this thread TBH.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

sharks themselves are total dog **** though, easy series for the blues if refs **** off

if league stops their nonsense officiating, blues will play for the cup and that is my prediction!!
Still hedging. What a f***ing coward.

upload_2019-5-8_23-15-54.jpeg

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

sharks themselves are total dog **** though, easy series for the blues if refs **** off

No. I understand what you are saying. I can read at well beyond the 3rd grade level you write. I'm saying that it is ridiculous to hedge a prediction based on a subjective in-game factor such as the refs. There are dozens if not hundreds of borderline call/non-calls in a series. You can easily go back and claim the refs influenced any series if you want. Whatever the reason, you are playing both sides. If you are going to make a prediction, have the balls to make an actual prediction and don't play both sides like you always do. Grow a pair, make a pick and admit when and if you are wrong.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
you guys will never be able to stop this mans power when he gets this new pc. his shit posting level will increase beyond anyones mental capacity. he must be stopped at all costs. we might have to call gary up to get the infamous nhl refs on the case.

Reactions: MissouriMook

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
so was i right about ref jose????

told you all, team and their goalie SUCKS but when they have the refs in their pockets they are unstoppable.

Reactions: BergMan and Bendak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad