GDT: The **** You Adam Foote GDT - CBJ @ COL - 9PM

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The Buffalo game was "critical". The St. Louis game was beyond "critical".

Tonight is just full-on all-out desperation mode. Even a win tonight, or even 2 on this road trip, won't be enough to erase the prospect of this being one of, if not the most, catastrophic month in the history of the franchise. And I am not embellishing.

You must not have followed this franchise from around 2000 to 2012

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
You must not have followed this franchise from around 2000 to 2012

Yes, I did (attended the very first game in 2000 and many since) And it was brutal. The difference is, expectations have never been higher than they were this year. Yet this team still finds a way to look flat, unmotivated, undisciplined and outclassed almost every night.....

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
This one is, dare I say, critical.

I agree!
if they win, especially in a convincing style then they can build from there and drive the wave of higher confidence which can take the team anywhere

A pathetic loss could be the end of the season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Can’t believe Bob is on net. As a player I would rather be on the ice with the guy who wants to be here and who still is focused on winning for this team. Bob is not that guy right now. Yes he is probably the better goaltender - but not right now. Unlike Bread who has his bags packed but not at all checked out, Bob is packed and he’s mentally checked out.

Sincerely Curious - is this a Torts or Jarmo decision?

Reactions: Madifer

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Can’t believe Bob is on net. As a player I would rather be on the ice with the guy who wants to be here and who still is focused on winning for this team. Bob is not that guy right now. Yes he is probably the better goaltender - but not right now. Unlike Bread who has his bags packed but not at all checked out, Bob is packed and he’s mentally checked out.

Sincerely Curious - is this a Torts or Jarmo decision?

Coach makes the final roster decisions - usually. But if Jarmo asked Torts to showcase Bob, that may play into it.

Reactions: aRussian

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Coach makes the final roster decisions - usually. But if Jarmo asked Torts to showcase Bob, that may play into it.
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you need to "showcase" a 2 time vezina winning goalie. The whole league knows the situation and he seems to be gone. They all know he's had some crap games and if they scouted the CBJ enough they'd know the team defense has equally hung him out to dry.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Korpi had his opportunity to essentially win the starting job at home vs. St. Louis and he crapped the bed.

It's a lose-lose proposition at this point.
Korpi’s game stats in that game were virtually identical to Bob’s season stats.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Is it just me or are the most-despised players around the league amongst the CBJ fanbase ones who actually wore the CBJ sweater? I find that rather sad but then again there's not much worse for a fan than getting stabbed in the back by someone who you once rooted for.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Is it just me or are the most-despised players around the league amongst the CBJ fanbase ones who actually wore the CBJ sweater? I find that rather sad but then again there's not much worse for a fan than getting stabbed in the back by someone who you once rooted for.

I just don't have the same lingering hatred for the pests... Like Tootoo. Hated that guy at the time, just sorta meh now. Feel sort of bad for him even.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I can honestly say that I'm not looking forward at all to watching the game tonight, but considering that I haven't missed watching any this season, I will force myself too.

losing streaks are absolutely zero fun. blah.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Korpi gave up 2 midget goals in his last start, he's had multiple chances to take over and isn't up to it

I saw the game, yes he allowed two nearly identical goals which were stoppable. Yet he stopped many dangerous shots as well. His overall posture and body language was way more confident than Bobs.

Reactions: The Bread Man

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Bob starting tonight makes me feel like they want to get him one more win, so that we can cut the cord on a semi high note.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
with a loss tonight and a carolina win over the penguins this evening, we'll have a 1 point cushion for the last WC spot. not even three weeks ago, we were first in the division.

my goodness.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I saw the game, yes he allowed two nearly identical goals which were stoppable. Yet he stopped many dangerous shots as well. His overall posture and body language was way more confident than Bobs.
Agree, the guys in front of him didn't help much and he made some outstanding saves...it was just those two easy ones you shake your head about. I also agree his body language that he is projecting is better than Bobs.

Reactions: Madifer

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Bob starting tonight makes me feel like they want to get him one more win, so that we can cut the cord on a semi high note.

large.jpg

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you need to "showcase" a 2 time vezina winning goalie. The whole league knows the situation and he seems to be gone. They all know he's had some crap games and if they scouted the CBJ enough they'd know the team defense has equally hung him out to dry.

"What have you done for me" vs "What have you done for me lately".

A huge performance might drive the price up on a guy who has struggled at times this year. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad