GDT: The **** You Adam Foote GDT - CBJ @ COL - 9PM

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Can we unite around our mutual distaste for Foote?

Blue Jackets Projected Lineup (from bluejackets.com)
Nick Foligno - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cam Atkinson
Artemi Panarin - Alexander Wennberg - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Anthony Duclair - Boone Jenner - Josh Anderson
Markus Hannikainen - Brandon Dubinsky - Riley Nash
Seth Jones - Ryan Murray
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara
Zach Werenski - David Savard
Sergei Bobrovsky
Joonas Korpisalo
Scratched: Mark Letestu, Lukas Sedlak, Dean Kukan
Roster Notes: Dubinsky left the team's Monday practice early on, just as he had Saturday before playing vs. the Blues that night. … Murray did not practice Monday after being banged up Thursday at Winnipeg, but he also played against St. Louis. … Jenner has missed the last three games with an ankle injury but practiced Monday.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You know a couple of months ago my friend in Philly and I were discussing Foote and Carter. I explained that we CBJ fans refer to them as Douchebag 1 and Douchebag 2.

He explained to me that Douchebag 2 isn't really a douchebag...he's an a-hole. We ended up on this wonderfully entertaining conversation about the difference between the two descriptors.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You know a couple of months ago my friend in Philly and I were discussing Foote and Carter. I explained that we CBJ fans refer to them as *****ebag 1 and *****ebag 2.

He explained to me that *****ebag 2 isn't really a *****ebag...he's an a-hole. We ended up on this wonderfully entertaining conversation about the difference between the two descriptors.

I find your friend's ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to his newsletter.

Reactions: Viqsi

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That said, Korpi gets another start, redeems himself and we beat the Blue Jackets West (has any other team taken more scraps of the CBJ pile than Colorado over the years).

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Porty reported some interesting line combos from practice the other day.
New lines:
Foligno – Dubois – Atkinson;
Panarin – Wennberg – Bjorkstrand;
Duclair – Jenner – Anderson;
; Hannikainen – Dubinsky* – Nash.

Any updates on this line-up?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Porty reported some interesting line combos from practice the other day.
New lines:
; Hannikainen – Dubinsky* – Nash.

Any updates on this line-up?

That's what this site shows, no idea if it's accurate or not: Team Line Combinations

BakerMayfield

Feb 4, 2019
Panarin-PLD-Atkinson is one of the most dangerous lines in the league. Gotta stop being cute and breaking them up.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
The Buffalo game was "critical". The St. Louis game was beyond "critical".

Tonight is just full-on all-out desperation mode. Even a win tonight, or even 2 on this road trip, won't be enough to erase the prospect of this being one of, if not the most, catastrophic month in the history of the franchise. And I am not embellishing.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Panarin-PLD-Atkinson is one of the most dangerous lines in the league. Gotta stop being cute and breaking them up.

Putting Panarin with Wennberg is the most blatant attempt to prop up a failing, nothing of a player that I've possibly ever seen.

I feel so bad for Wennberg. He doesn't deserve this. Nobody can jump start that stiff Panarin.

BakerMayfield

Feb 4, 2019
The Buffalo game was "critical". The St. Louis game was beyond "critical".

Tonight is just full-on all-out desperation mode. Even a win tonight, or even 2 on this road trip, won't be enough to erase the prospect of this being one of, if not the most, catastrophic month in the history of the franchise. And I am not embellishing.

Yes you are considering we went through a stetch of play literally only a year ago

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Putting Panarin with Wennberg is the most blatant attempt to prop up a failing, nothing of a player that I've possibly ever seen.

I feel so bad for Wennberg. He doesn't deserve this. Nobody can jump start that stiff Panarin.

749W.gif

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Yes you are considering we went through a stetch of play literally only a year ago

Yes, I am absolutely considering last year's similar stretch. However, we were able to get out of the funk because we had multiple games against teams like PHL, NJ and NYI (who stunk last year), plus we went on a monster run in March just to squeak into the playoffs.

We are looking at WSH, SJS, PIT, NYI & TBL in the next couple weeks. And those are just our home games. The remaining Feb road games after this week are @CHI, @OTT, @mtl. Places we historically crap the bed.

It's not looking good.

BakerMayfield

Feb 4, 2019
Yes, I am absolutely considering last year's similar stretch. However, we were able to get out of the funk because we had multiple games against teams like PHL, NJ and NYI (who stunk last year), plus we went on a monster run in March just to squeak into the playoffs.

We are looking at WSH, SJS, PIT, NYI & TBL in the next couple weeks. And those are just our home games. The remaining Feb road games after this week are @CHI, @OTT, @mtl. Places we historically crap the bed.

It's not looking good.

We historically crap the bed this time of the year under torts every year.

Last year looked alot more bleak than this year. Last year teams were closer to stealing a spot from us this year and its not even close.

Reactions: CBJ VGK

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Hannikainen – Dubinsky* – Nash.

I thought Jenner was out 1-3 weeks. Its a miracle! Gimme three Hava Nagilas and an Oy Vey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->