Post-Game Talk: The Worst GDT Ever Again: Devils visit Rangers 3pm

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only good in all of this is Lou has a lot of time to work something out with the UFAs

He should get working now, but he probably won't. He doesn't want it to cause a distraction between us coming in 12th rather than 10th.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As I said in the last thread if Patty makes it to UFA then I think he's gone. I can honestly see him wanting to have one last chance to win a cup, and if we ice this same team next year then he won't have that chance.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
If he wants a run at the cup again he should be staying. Marty will be looking for a swansong next year and Patty can be here for that and help cement his legacy

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Asked Ryan Carter if Devs' feelings today toward ref Chris Rooney were related to Game 6 Cup Finals. "I'm smart enough not to answer that." Rooney also officiated Game 6 of Finals in LA last year. -Per TG

Rooney has to be related to Bettman

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
As I said in the last thread if Patty makes it to UFA then I think he's gone. I can honestly see him wanting to have one last chance to win a cup, and if we ice this same team next year then he won't have that chance.

What is the basis for this feeling you have?

With all the FA's that have left this org, and particularly after the Parise debacle last year, I no longer have an opinion on who's going or who's staying. As far as I am concerned, every FA situation is a 50/50 either they go or they don't. I'm done taking guesses or assuming anyone can stay loyal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What is the basis for this feeling you have?

With all the FA's that have left this org, and particularly after the Parise debacle last year, I no longer have an opinion on who's going or who's staying. As far as I am concerned, every FA situation is a 50/50 either they go or they don't. I'm done taking guesses or assuming anyone can stay loyal.

He's older, and it might be his last chance to win again. Doesn't mean he definitely will, but I can see it happening now a lot easier than I could have at the beginning of this year.

If he wants a run at the cup again he should be staying. Marty will be looking for a swansong next year and Patty can be here for that and help cement his legacy
He won't be winning anything with the Devils with this lineup. Lou needs to make some changes.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
If Elias left I would not blame him at all, just don't go to the Rangers or Flyers and I will still love him.

Regarding Clarkson, I cringe with the thought of what he will get. Anything over 4 I will be pissed.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

If Elias leaves then we are in a massive amount of trouble for next year and probably beyond. Who the hell is replacing him? We already have a garbage offense. Just thinking about what our forward group would look like without him makes me shudder.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
I think the prior arguments about Brodeur being done or not are largely irrelevant. He's still good enough to win us games. People were depressed when we had that horrid record with Moose in net with Marty was hurt. The big problem is that Marty AND Moose are both signed for next year. Either that means a move is made or we carry three netminders if we want to safely groom the next starting goaltender (assuming that the next starting goaltender is in our system and won't be UFA/traded for by then).

That's the real goalie issue we have going on. Marty and Moose did kind of backstop us to the Finals last year, and while yes, a year older etc etc, I don't think either are totally done.

That said, they need a serious overhaul of this lineup. That much is really obvious to anyone watching this team for the majority of this season. Top line threats are thin, our toughness is pretty suspect, and our defense has been mediocre at best for a lot of the season.

Zach was the only major piece subtracted and yet this is a really stunning turnaround. It's night and day to last year's team, and PetenLou need to find the answers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Elias leaves then we are in a massive amount of trouble for next year and probably beyond. Who the hell is replacing him? We already have a garbage offense. Just thinking about what our forward group would look like without him makes me shudder.

''He was a very well respected memba in ouu awganization for yeas. We wish him the best, but you gotta keep moving ahead, you can nevaa look behind you. You just can't replace a playaa like Patrik Elias. We have some younga playaas heaa like Mattias Tedenby who will be given every oppotunity to make the team''.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
''He was a very well respected memba in ouu awganization for yeas. We wish him the best, but you gotta keep moving ahead, you can nevaa look behind you. You just can't replace a playaa like Patrik Elias. We have some younga playaas heaa like Mattias Tedenby who will be given every oppotunity to make the team''.

"We have complete faith in this team, the character will show"

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Between Rooney reffing the game and Zidlicky's total gaff 30 seconds in to be the 3rd man behind the goal, I knew this game was done before it even got started.

Loktionov is the only bright spot in the lineup this year. I hope he is around next year.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

I feel like I've heard this before. Just replace Elias' name with one of the million players that have left us via UFA :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"We have complete faith in this team, the character will show"

And then players like Clarkson will say ''Yeah it's tough just like when we lost Zach last year. We'll be fine if we stick to our systems like we were last....uuuhhh'':laugh:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Between Rooney reffing the game and Zidlicky's total gaff 30 seconds in to be the 3rd man behind the goal, I knew this game was done before it even got started.

Loktionov is the only bright spot in the lineup this year. I hope he is around next year.

Isn't he an RFA? He already has a roster spot next year I would assume. I can't imagine how much worse would have been this year if we didn't have him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad