Confirmed with Link: The worst day in Sharks history (DeMelo re-signed: 2yr/$900k per)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I like the classics.
giphy.gif

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Dylan was a “just missed” on a fantasy top 50 defenseman ranking on NHL.com. I mean Vlasic was too. What kind of bizarro world is this?

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Don’t tell me this is ****ing serious...

I just looked it up. It’s real. It’s really there. What the ****.

Particularly since this is one of the best threads titles in this board's history, every time Demelo's name gets brought up on podcasts or in articles in a positive way, I imagine JTR just laughing hysterically and reacting much like the above

zeus

Jul 1, 2003
Gilroy
Interesting that Chris Tierney with a goal and 5 assists in 4 games has more points than any Shark.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Interesting that Chris Tierney with a goal and 5 assists in 4 games has more points than any Shark.
Ottawa has had an interesting start to the season. They have scored 15 goals in the first 4 games. They also have the highest goals against in the league after 4 games at 20. Maybe the Sens just have a high tempo offense that will see high goals for/against through the season. Would be interesting to see how things stand 20 or so games into the season.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

Its interesting, but not that crazy, unless you hated Tierney making 3mil as a 40pt player because he was nothing more than a crap 4th liner.

Now he is on a team playing 2nd (1st?) line minutes, lots of PP time and excelling. I am super happy for him. Lets see how the season goes for him, and OTT in general, as they have started off far more competitive then I figured they would, not sure if they are just riding an early season high, or might be better then expected.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Ottawa has had an interesting start to the season. They have scored 15 goals in the first 4 games. They also have the highest goals against in the league after 4 games at 20. Maybe the Sens just have a high tempo offense that will see high goals for/against through the season. Would be interesting to see how things stand 20 or so games into the season.

Nothing new there. It was always goaltending that let them down. They were that bad in recent years because of their goalies. When Anderson played a good season in 16/17 they reached the Conference finals. Not sure why they still haven't signed/traded for a good goalie. Never say never but Anderson is most likely over the top.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Do you think that Tierney and Demlo now have teammates instead of coworkers that they are more motivated?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Nothing new there. It was always goaltending that let them down. They were that bad in recent years because of their goalies. When Anderson played a good season in 16/17 they reached the Conference finals. Not sure why they still haven't signed/traded for a good goalie. Never say never but Anderson is most likely over the top.

Well this is the team that just traded Erik Karlsson so making sense of what their management/ownership is pretty pointless.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Well, Tierney just isn’t as bad as some of y’all make him out to be. I’m not surprised at all. The guy has incredible vision and play making skills.

I’m not sure how sustainable his point production is but I maintain last season was not a fluke And wouldn’t be the least surprised to see him put up 50pts+ getting top 6 min.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Well, Tierney just isn’t as bad as some of y’all make him out to be. I’m not surprised at all. The guy has incredible vision and play making skills.

I’m not sure how sustainable his point production is but I maintain last season was not a fluke And wouldn’t be the least surprised to see him put up 50pts+ getting top 6 min.
I agree 100% and I really enjoyed Tierney. I think he is a 1-2 liner and just needed more exposure because we were stacked on our top 2 already.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Tierney’s -3 last night is a lot more sustainable than the 3 assists he had on the power play. He was always terrible defensively at even strength even when he did score points. Tierney’s 0.358 PPG in 324 regular season+playoff games as a Shark is a lot more unsustainable than his 1.5 PPG in 6 games as a Senator.

Tierney had a terrible playoffs where he was thoroughly outplayed by Cody Eakin. He has always been terrible defensively at even strength and people conveniently forgot that because he was a strong penalty killer. The Sharks are much better off for having replaced him with a Finnish UFA who has never played an NHL game before and that should be quite telling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad